Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Costa Boy
    replied
    I just saw a piece by Chad Reuter on NFL.com. It was a draft grade article for every team. We got an A along with the Chiefs and Broncos while the Raiders got an A-. The AFC West is going to be a tough MoFo this year hands down.

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    4th and 10 from your 30 ? :whistlin:

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    I hope Campbell is gone.
    Campbell will probably be relegated to 5th CB, which is where he should be. A decent depth guy that can occasionally fill in. Just not for any long duration.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    If our Wars can get it done why did we have to go for it on so many 4th downs?
    We’ll continue going for it if the analytics are in our favor. We shouldn’t be going for it on 4th and long as much.

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    I hope Campbell is gone.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I’ve started watching the east-west shrine game to get a glimpse of zander horvath, leddie brown, sebastion, and ya’sir taylor. I’m in quarter#1 and will have to finish watching it later. So far horvath whiffing on two blocks as a FB not a good look, brown looks solid will need to see his pass blocking but he’s a big dude that runs angry, good vision, yards after contact, he looks solid, he’s coming for RB3 spot so kelley and roundtree better watch it! Haven’t seen sebastion much, but taylor has really popped in the first quarter including a nice 1 vs 1 open field tackle on the huge leaddie brown! One PBU and a couple tackles already in the game. Taylor looks really good! He reminds me so much of asante samuel, I think he’s going to play a lot in 2022. Campbell needs to watch out.
    I think Campbell is gone...

Leave a comment:

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
    replied
    If our Wars can get it done why did we have to go for it on so many 4th downs?

Leave a comment:

• Fouts2herbert
    replied
    Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    What troubles me about Horvath is he really has never played FB or done any lead blocking or any move blocking (HBack). Everyone just assumes that due to his size he will just take to the blocking. But in college he truly was a RB. A very, very large RB. So he may disappoint as a FB/HB, at least at first. I think he definitely will be a good ST player.

TG
    I’ve started watching the east-west shrine game to get a glimpse of zander horvath, leddie brown, sebastion, and ya’sir taylor. I’m in quarter#1 and will have to finish watching it later. So far horvath whiffing on two blocks as a FB not a good look, brown looks solid will need to see his pass blocking but he’s a big dude that runs angry, good vision, yards after contact, he looks solid, he’s coming for RB3 spot so kelley and roundtree better watch it! Haven’t seen sebastion much, but taylor has really popped in the first quarter including a nice 1 vs 1 open field tackle on the huge leaddie brown! One PBU and a couple tackles already in the game. Taylor looks really good! He reminds me so much of asante samuel, I think he’s going to play a lot in 2022. Campbell needs to watch out.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I thought they won?
    They won despite not having that much depth at WR. It helped that their defense kept them in the game.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Rams barely had any depth also. It was primarily Kupp and Woods before picking up OBJ. And then Woods went down immediately after the pickup. Their offense stalled in the SB after OBJ went out.
    I thought they won?

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    My only concern with our receiver room is Age and injury. Our two best receivers are 28 and 30 and after them it's Palmer and Guyton. So tell me again how deep we are? The starting four are great but we are not deep.
    What other team has pro bowl WRs sitting at 5 and 6 in their depth chart? I don’t quite buy the fanboy hype that our WRs are the best group in the league, there are a lot of great WRs all over the league. I do think our WRs can 100% get the job done and the key is not them but better OL protection and better run balance.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yes indeed, and thank goodness Staley/TT address both EDGE and DBs this off-season.

But - our sucky D last season in no way precluded our WRs not coming through in clutch time in 5 out of 10 close games. Herbie had the ball, had time even if on a scramble, just no TD grab happened. Gotta better that ratio IMO, cuz close games happen (only 3 of our losses last season were blowouts, 5 were winnable in the last couple minutes..).

Extra points not field goals, should be the O mantra this season lol, that LV loss is gonna sting for a long while.
    LAC was 9-8,which 2 wins are you criticizing the WRs over now?

The “receiving” problem they had in several games was primarily a rapid collapse of the right side of the OL. The paradox is they didn’t need better receivers, they needed better blocking. To improve the receiving, one must improve the protection.

The LV loss is already yesterday, and we lost that game because our defense collapsed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X