First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fouts2herbert
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Oh im skeptical as well. However, things are pointing to them trusting him. They still could make a vet signing though.
    if pipkins has indeed emerged from his cocoon and turned into a beautiful butterfly, I’ll be first in line to sing his praises on these forums. I just don’t believe it based on what I’ve seen in three years, I’ll be damned if he didn’t flash a bit his rookie season too got me all excited and then? ………….then nothing but:stirringshit: ever since…

right now the one positive I can give pipkins is his run blocking, hopefully the light has come on for pass blocking too…

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    Kupp, Woods,Van Jefferson, OBJ that's far deeper than Allen Williams Palmer and Guyton if you ask me. Oh and they needed that depth to recover from injury.
    Everyone keeps forgetting the TE Everette we picked up because we haven't seen him play a lot. This guy is a solid target as well.

:wtf:

Leave a comment:

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
    replied
    Kupp, Woods,Van Jefferson, OBJ that's far deeper than Allen Williams Palmer and Guyton if you ask me. Oh and they needed that depth to recover from injury.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied

Oh im skeptical as well. However, things are pointing to them trusting him. They still could make a vet signing though.
    I laugh about this oline panic. We just drafted two new oline that are considered good. Maybe Aboushi comes back? We still haven't seen what Jaimes can do yet! We are no where near as bad as what we had in the Rivers era. Welcome to chicken littelville.

:smoking:

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

can you blame me for being a bit skeptical in regards to pip? I try really hard not to post a bunch of negative bullshit here, always look for the positives wherever they can be found. And for the most part am not hard on TT or the coaches and always give credit where it’s due. Some people get a thing about someone on the team, TT, or a coach and then they can’t recognize anything good they might do after that. That’s not me. But when it comes to pipkins I’ll need to see it and it’ll have to be real against real competition. What kind of player is he now, is he a decent player and is that good enough? IDK, I kind of want more than decent, just how improved is he?

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Rams barely had any depth also. It was primarily Kupp and Woods before picking up OBJ. And then Woods went down immediately after the pickup. Their offense stalled in the SB after OBJ went out.
    Man...if we ever got that thin we could use eke in the slot for a pinch! LOL!

:cartman:

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post

I don't think the receivers we had were what were losing the game for us by not making plays. Certainly, better receivers make more plays and potentially keep us out of 1-score games, but so could a lot of other situations.

Wk 1 - Mike Williams did have a game-winning score in week 1 (Washington) 20-16
    Wk 2 - lost a close game in but WR wouldn't make any D since Dallas ran out the clock before kicking a FG 20-17
    Wk 3 - Mike Williams won the game with a late score in KC #1 30-24
    Wk 4 - Ekeler scored late in a blowout in Raiders #1 28-14
    Wk 5 - Ekeler scored the game-winner vs Browns 47-42
    Wk 6 - Blown out by Ravens 34-6
    Wk 7 - Bye
    Wk 8 - Lost on int vs NE, followed by FG, leaving us 10 pts down with 2:19 ish - Palmer scored a late TD to get within 3.
    Wk 9 - Drove length of the field to kick game-winning FG vs Philly 27-24
    Wk 10 - Down 10 points in the 4th, we scored a FG with 4:36 left and didn't get the ball back vs Minn - 27-20
    Wk 11 - Mike Williams game-winning TD vs Pitt 41-37
    Wk 12 - Broncos 1 lost 28-13
    Wk 13 - Beat Cinci 41-22
    Wk 14 - Beat Giants 37-21
    Wk 15 -Allowed late TD and then gave up TD in overtime to Kelce KC#2 34-28
    Wk 16 - Got controlled by Hst 41-29
    Wk 17 - Beat Den 34-13
    Wk 18 - LV controlled the clock and beat us on the final drive 35-32

We lost 4 games this season where the other team didn't give us a chance to win were vs LV #2, Minn, NE, and Dallas. In all of those games, they played keep away and prevented us from having the ball late in the game, denying the O the chance to win.

The other 4 games we lost (Ravens, Den #1, Hst, and KC), we just lost control of the game and got blown away (I consider KC#2 that kind of game). At least IMHO, WR play wouldn't have really helped, although I do think controlling the LOS would have helped in all of them.
    You kinda made my case there, “not getting the ball back” when we didn’t score when we had it, or only managed a FG, is not a glowing report for our O late in games. When - yes - our WR should be making plays. I mean KC and LV beat us with receivers making late plays, why can’t we do that to them? (rhetorical really, I get what you’re saying and agree to a point, driving for 3 in more than one losing effort is not good).

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    As I said before I like Palmer and wanted to see a development wr to compete with Guyton. It's about upgrading the talent of our #4 and 5 revieves not having 7 to go through the season with. Name the top five Rams wide receivers last year?
    Rams barely had any depth also. It was primarily Kupp and Woods before picking up OBJ. And then Woods went down immediately after the pickup. Their offense stalled in the SB after OBJ went out.

Leave a comment:

• Fouts2herbert
    replied

And why not? They coach him every day and he showed something in the 2 games he started last season and iirc he played 1 of those at LT and 1 at RT.
    Pip was terrible in preseason but looked much better in those starts...and he is still cheap.

We were all bitching about Murray last season and come to find out he had 2 bad ankles and needed surgery.

I guess we should trust our staff more.
    can you blame me for being a bit skeptical in regards to pip? I try really hard not to post a bunch of negative bullshit here, always look for the positives wherever they can be found. And for the most part am not hard on TT or the coaches and always give credit where it’s due. Some people get a thing about someone on the team, TT, or a coach and then they can’t recognize anything good they might do after that. That’s not me. But when it comes to pipkins I’ll need to see it and it’ll have to be real against real competition. What kind of player is he now, is he a decent player and is that good enough? IDK, I kind of want more than decent, just how improved is he?

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied

First of all Guyton was our #3 WR last year and had 31 receptions.
    Probably will have less next year being #4.

Im not discarding what he has done but to name a some, Pittsburgh, TB, Buffalo and GB had better #3's off the top of my head. Probably Cincinnati as well.
    We have so many receivers I don't know what to think anymore. We just added a returner who can also be a #3 receiver in a pinch.

:wtf:

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    My only concern with our receiver room is Age and injury. Our two best receivers are 28 and 30 and after them it's Palmer and Guyton. So tell me again how deep we are? The starting four are great but we are not deep.
    Unfortunately you can say that about every important position on this team. At least we have some depth at the WR position. There’s barely any at Edge or CB.

Leave a comment:

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
    replied
    As I said before I like Palmer and wanted to see a development wr to compete with Guyton. It's about upgrading the talent of our #4 and 5 revieves not having 7 to go through the season with. Name the top five Rams wide receivers last year?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X