First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sonorajim
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post

A top WR would be scoring TDs to win games when it counts. Ours ain’t there yet, somewhere in the middle..
    ???? Huh? A team with a top WR never loses a game that counts?

Leave a comment:

• Leslie Grossman
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post
    To those who don't think the Chargers have good WRs - think again, it's one of the deepest, if not the deepest, corps of WRs in the league. Staley obviously believes so to - not a single player drafted is a WR and there's only one WR among the undrafted signees.
    On top of that this draft proves they will run the ball more as well.
    More time of poss also keeps the defense off the field.
    If Spiller, Everett, Palmer, and Parham are who we think they are, there aren't enough footballs to go around.
    Horvath and Leddie Brown/JJ could tote the rock as well behind a potentially great run blocking O Line.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

When healthy it's a good group but Im not sure I'd call it tops in the league. Top 5 maybe? Idk...most expensive perhaps.
    A top WR squad would be scoring TDs to win games when it counts. Ours ain’t there yet, somewhere in the middle..

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post
    To those who don't think the Chargers have good WRs - think again, it's one of the deepest, if not the deepest, corps of WRs in the league. Staley obviously believes so to - not a single player drafted is a WR and there's only one WR among the undrafted signees.
    When healthy it's a good group but Im not sure I'd call it tops in the league. Top 5 maybe? Idk...most expensive perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• Leslie Grossman
    replied
    Originally posted by northerner View Post

yep, we are not the majority. they know they have us locked in, no matter what crap they add.
    always about advertising dollars and cents, never sense
    of course it is about sucking in more viewers, football fans will watch regardless

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Punt God not happy he was the third punter off the board. https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-m...233514055.html

Leave a comment:

• northerner
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lol Don’t let events distract from the show. Their job isn’t to chronicle history, their job is to attract and hold eyeballs. I have no idea if they are on the mark there, we are obviously not the majority because they are way off what we want them to broadcast.
    yep, we are not the majority. they know they have us locked in, no matter what crap they add.

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Better an elite OG like Zion, than a Flukeresque reach at OT...
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied

And they also bring in comedians and hip hop singers to liven things up, because apparently discussing football in the middle of the draft isn't interesting enough...
    Lol Don’t let events distract from the show. Their job isn’t to chronicle history, their job is to attract and hold eyeballs. I have no idea if they are on the mark there, we are obviously not the majority because they are way off what we want them to broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• northerner
    replied

And they also bring in comedians and hip hop singers to liven things up, because apparently discussing football in the middle of the draft isn't interesting enough...
    good point, haha. i don't have NFL network due to AT&T, but i wonder if they keep it straight football talk on their coverage. of course ESPN is going to turn it into a carnival - anything with mike greenberg turns into a carnival/gossip show. i am tired of that guy. he was great in the early days of mike & mike.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Balanced draft, considering pre-draft moves definitely more focus on Defense - exactly where it was needed. I like the moves the team made, its hard for me to judge the relative movement upward vs other teams as nobody is just standing still. I don’t put a lot of stock in the instant grades published right after the draft - they tend to be no more precise than the pre-draft rankings and are simply one last post-draft echo of the chattering class of pseudo-experts.

The TV pundits don’t actually do personal in depth scouting investigations on all of those players. They regurgitate what they read and hear.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Agreed. Are you worried about the idea of Bosa and Mack on that SoFi turf, with our depth chart ? I sure am. I know you would have liked an ORT, but Zion will smash ya.
    Better an elite OG like Zion, than a Flukeresque reach at OT...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X