First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula 21
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

If Daniel Jeremiah is right and we take Kaiir Elam over McDuffie, I might have a seizure.
    Elam is a full size CB. It’s a reach, but also a need. I’d prefer others first, but I’d understand it.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    Guyton is probably better off the bench than as the 3rd starter. He played 60%+ of snaps last year and teams were ready for him. Bring him in as a change of pace.
    Guyton is on a team with Keenan Allen, Mike Williams and Austin Ekeler. He is the 4th or 5th option, depending on where you rank Palmer. The Chargers had the 2nd best passing offense in the league with Guyton playing that many snaps.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

T Billy had a better season than Guyton in 2020, and he got let go. Never say never.
    T Billy had a 'tude problem and didn't want to play special teams. Guyton is a hard worker, doesn't have attitude, and plays on ST.

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    Guyton is probably better off the bench than as the 3rd starter. He played 60%+ of snaps last year and teams were ready for him. Bring him in as a change of pace.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by equivocation View Post

It's not just this offseason. They spent all last year, and a roster spot all year, on redeveloping him.
    Agree. What happens in the draft tonight will answer the question of what TT and Staley think of Pipkins.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post

Guyton isn't going anywhere. He had 31 catches for 450 and scored 3 TDs in 2021, which is great production for a #4 WR. He is entering his prime at age 25, has elite speed and makes big plays downfield, Herbert and he have a good rapport and familiarity, and he is cheap. They just signed him to an ERFA tender for less than $1 mil.
    T Billy had a better season than Guyton in 2020, and he got let go. Never say never.

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Curious if Telesco/Staley have any info on Pips development under Manyweather.

My assumption is that given the limited time frame, they are not expecting a transformed player.
    It's not just this offseason. They spent all last year, and a roster spot all year, on redeveloping him.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Your multiple seasons of success are based on incredibly low standards for Guyton.
    No! Guyton would be frozen out of the offense sooner rather than later. Its as simple as that, unless a complication in recovery or another injury arises.
    The same thing would occur if Olave is the pick.

Guyton is not a big play receiver, period! You gripe about Lombardi not sending Guyton on fly patterns.....he still has opportunities to make a big play on short passes, but he never does. He must be so elated holding onto the football that he forgets to continue.

If you can show me a highlight where Guyton turns a short pass into a 20 + yard gain, i'd be happy to see it.

Chargers are not sitting any 1rst or 2nd round receiver to make room for Guyton: too much of an investment.
    Guyton isn't going anywhere. He had 31 catches for 450 and scored 3 TDs in 2021, which is great production for a #4 WR. He is entering his prime at age 25, has elite speed and makes big plays downfield, Herbert and he have a good rapport and familiarity, and he is cheap. They just signed him to an ERFA tender for less than $1 mil.

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post
    We draft a WR in any round, Guyton is gone.
    I don't see that at all. Guyton had 31 catches for 450 yds and 3 scores in 2021. He is just entering his prime, he has blazing speed and consistently beats defenders deep, Herbert and he have a good rapport, and he is cheap. Even if the Chargers draft a WR good enough to make the roster, even in the first round, Guyton will still be on the depth chart. The casualty will be French. Guyton is not going anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post

No way this board won’t explode a little no matter who we pick lol.
    If Daniel Jeremiah is right and we take Kaiir Elam over McDuffie, I might have a seizure.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Saving my energy for vigorously second guessing our selection.

#freederwin
    No way this board won’t explode a little no matter who we pick lol.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Saving my energy for vigorously second guessing our selection.

#freederwin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X