Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yes Staley said K9 was a better man to man cover guy. Which makes me think Staley is mentally challenged
    I find it hard to believe Staley is going to rely on Murray for anything this season. He probably doesn't want to give up on Murray and will give him another season to make or break his career, and Murray will be cheap, but I doubt it's Staley's plan to rely on Murray to be a starter or integral part of the defense in 2022. Staley must have another plan in mind, either in the draft or a veteran acquisition. We shall see.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I find it hard to believe Staley is going to rely on Murray for anything this season. He probably doesn't want to give up on Murray and will give him another season to make or break his career, and Murray will be cheap, but I doubt it's Staley's plan to rely on Murray to be a starter or integral part of the defense in 2022. Staley must have another plan in mind, either in the draft or a veteran acquisition. We shall see.
      You can have plans for the draft but there’s no guarantee the guy you want is there. What FA is better at this point? Bobby Wagner?

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Sure JAG. Huge amount of tackles and 2 picks with several TFL. JAG but one of the few who played well on a terrible defense. How much better would he have been with better players around him? Is Drue or K9 better? Don’t see that
        $5 mil pays for our first rounder. I see a lot of decisions based on economics after the burst of star player signings. Maybe he feels K-9 can be that Tackling machine going forward with the huge improvement in the front 4 players.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
          Day One...
          • Mar 2019
          • Brentwood, 94513
          • Send PM

All these different draft scenarios are very entertaining. Thinking getting that right tackle bookend for the next few years is so enticing. I wouldn’t mind losing a 1st round next year to get that.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Skyy Moore is used to flying under the radar, but according to ESPN’s top NFL draft guru, it’s only a matter of time before the Western Michigan wide receiver becomes a familiar name among football fans nationwide.

ESPN football analyst Mel Kiper called Moore the most underrated player in the upcoming NFL draft during a conference call with reporters on Wednesday, suggesting the former Bronco pass catcher will outperform some of the talented wideouts projected to be picked ahead of him.

“I think wide receiver is going to be really interesting,” Kiper said. “I love Skyy Moore from Western Michigan. I think he’s the most underrated player in this draft at any position, so I think he’s the kind of guy – you get him in the second round, and he turns out better than some of the wide receivers that go in the first round.”

Alas, he won't be a Bolt. But he's a player. Catch him if you can.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Skyy Moore is used to flying under the radar, but according to ESPN’s top NFL draft guru, it’s only a matter of time before the Western Michigan wide receiver becomes a familiar name among football fans nationwide.

ESPN football analyst Mel Kiper called Moore the most underrated player in the upcoming NFL draft during a conference call with reporters on Wednesday, suggesting the former Bronco pass catcher will outperform some of the talented wideouts projected to be picked ahead of him.

“I think wide receiver is going to be really interesting,” Kiper said. “I love Skyy Moore from Western Michigan. I think he’s the most underrated player in this draft at any position, so I think he’s the kind of guy – you get him in the second round, and he turns out better than some of the wide receivers that go in the first round.”

Alas, he won't be a Bolt. But he's a player. Catch him if you can.
              Kiper is nuts...Sure he can play in the right scheme that utilizes his talents but I like our Palmer more. I'd much rather have Dotson, Jwilliams, Olave, Wilson vs. Sky Moore. Some of these analysts are trying to find a hidden gem that's nothing more than polished Quartz.

:facepalm1:

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

You can have plans for the draft but there’s no guarantee the guy you want is there. What FA is better at this point? Bobby Wagner?
                Yeah, you are right, and I thought about the same things. I don't know what the plan is. Maybe they have a guy targeted in the draft, but if they don't get him they have a FA they believe they can get post-draft. I don't know, I just find it hard to believe the plan is to put it in the hands of Murray.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, you are right, and I thought about the same things. I don't know what the plan is. Maybe they have a guy targeted in the draft, but if they don't get him they have a FA they believe they can get post-draft. I don't know, I just find it hard to believe the plan is to put it in the hands of Murray.
                  We’d all love for Murray to be the guy we thought he was going to be. At this point it’s a hope and a prayer.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

We’d all love for Murray to be the guy we thought he was going to be. At this point it’s a hope and a prayer.
                    He's got the physical talent to be a stand out, we know that. Some guys just take longer to "get it" in the NFL. If Murray surprises us this season, he wouldn't be the first highly drafted player to have a break out year after struggling his first couple of seasons. That's all we can hope for with Murray.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

I think everyone is down on this guy because he's not making big plays every other play. I still believe he's a monster +- 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. In Staley I Trust!

:Cheers1:

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Penning goes 9th in the latest Athletic mock, the 4th OT taken. How can fans say he’s not worth the 17th pick? He seems to be highly valued everywhere but here.

9. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) — Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa

We can’t rule out the Seahawks from the QB derby at this point, either. Again, much of this depends on how Detroit, Carolina and Atlanta view Willis (and the rest of the quarterbacks, to be fair). But if not quarterback, then adding a physical mauler like Penning would be a fine start to a rebuilding process.
                        I'm one of his biggest critics here and I am fine with him at 17. Not excited, but I would understand. I have an early 2 grade on him and tackles rise.

But:

1. Trading up for him is crazy
                        2. Fans expecting him to come in and dominate because of his "attitude" are going to be very disappointed.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

I would have signed White for that amount but it also shows Chargers fans were over valuing him. He can still improve but he had a lot of bad angles and fills last year. The D wasn't good and part of that was on him.

Comment

Working...
                          X