• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

With the addition of a tall RB/FB with good hands like Horvath, I wonder if we stick with just 3 TEs and an extra back.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      With the addition of a tall RB/FB with good hands like Horvath, I wonder if we stick with just 3 TEs and an extra back.
      Would make sense.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Oh im skeptical as well. However, things are pointing to them trusting him. They still could make a vet signing though.
        Nor necessarily trust, maybe they want to see what they have for all the time & money spent on Pip. We have several options if he can't handle the job. Feiler & Clapp have played NFL games at RT, Salyer played all 5 OL for Georgia. (not at the same time).

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

First of all Guyton was our #3 WR last year and had 31 receptions.
          Probably will have less next year being #4.

Im not discarding what he has done but to name some, Pittsburgh, TB, Buffalo and GB had better #3's off the top of my head. Probably Cincinnati as well.
          Lots of recievers drafted, teams getting deeper
          Ekeler had 70 receptions for 647 yards & 8 TDs. He was the #3 receiver.

Palmer had 33 receptions for 353 yards & 4 TDs.
          Guyton had 31 receptions for 448 yards & 3 TDs.

Palmer and Guyton were 4-5 receivers, take your pick. But like I said, you will not find another receiver who is 4th or 5th in receptions who does what what Guyton does.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

I think Zion played 4 OL positions in college.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
              I think Zion played 4 OL positions in college.
              Salyer tells us that knowing the other OL positions helps an OL to help his fellow OL.
              My guess is that Zion will be the starting RG.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

if pipkins has indeed emerged from his cocoon and turned into a beautiful butterfly, I’ll be first in line to sing his praises on these forums. I just don’t believe it based on what I’ve seen in three years, I’ll be damned if he didn’t flash a bit his rookie season too got me all excited and then? ………….then nothing but:stirringshit: ever since…

right now the one positive I can give pipkins is his run blocking, hopefully the light has come on for pass blocking too…
                seems then he might make a good backup guard in the near future:deadhorse::cheers:

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  I had no idea who Horvath was, I still really don’t. But from what I have read and seen from this kid, I like more and more. He is a throwback hit you in the mouth type FB/RB/HB. HB and ST is definitely where I see him playing. Pretty much taking over Stephen Anderson’s spot.
                  They might honestly carry 3 rookie RBs. The reason why I say that, is because I think Leddie Brown has a good chance to beat out Kelly and Rountree.
                  So that leaves, Ek, Spiller, Brown and Horvath with Rountree on the PS.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

We lost too many. 9-8, .500 in one-score games (those are typically won by a WR making a clutch catch last time I checked…).
                    We lost them on defense, last time I checked. Not sure what you were checking.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

What troubles me about Horvath is he really has never played FB or done any lead blocking or any move blocking (HBack). Everyone just assumes that due to his size he will just take to the blocking. But in college he truly was a RB. A very, very large RB. So he may disappoint as a FB/HB, at least at first. I think he definitely will be a good ST player.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yes indeed, and thank goodness Staley/TT address both EDGE and DBs this off-season.

But - our sucky D last season in no way precluded our WRs not coming through in clutch time in 5 out of 10 close games. Herbie had the ball, had time even if on a scramble, just no TD grab happened. Gotta better that ratio IMO, cuz close games happen (only 3 of our losses last season were blowouts, 5 were winnable in the last couple minutes..).

Extra points not field goals, should be the O mantra this season lol, that LV loss is gonna sting for a long while.
                        LAC was 9-8,which 2 wins are you criticizing the WRs over now?

The “receiving” problem they had in several games was primarily a rapid collapse of the right side of the OL. The paradox is they didn’t need better receivers, they needed better blocking. To improve the receiving, one must improve the protection.

The LV loss is already yesterday, and we lost that game because our defense collapsed.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                          My only concern with our receiver room is Age and injury. Our two best receivers are 28 and 30 and after them it's Palmer and Guyton. So tell me again how deep we are? The starting four are great but we are not deep.
                          What other team has pro bowl WRs sitting at 5 and 6 in their depth chart? I don’t quite buy the fanboy hype that our WRs are the best group in the league, there are a lot of great WRs all over the league. I do think our WRs can 100% get the job done and the key is not them but better OL protection and better run balance.

Comment

Working...
                          X