• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I hear you, but I have seen multiple people try to equate Penning with Pipkins, which I think is just crazy. There is no way I want Pipkins starting for us just because he did not completely flop in a very limited role later in the season last year after he did flop (again) earlier in the season. One or two games of limited success is not a sample size upon which we should be hanging our hats.

Penning is not as polished as Slater was, so I do not expect a Pro Bowl in year one, but I do expect Penning to be a solid starter on day one and a large upgrade over the likes of an UDFA like Norton and a big third round reach like Pipkins. And the long term potential is that he will end up as good as good as Slater. Basically, if we draft Penning, our RT issue is resolved for the rest of Herbert's first contract.
    ^ This. A few decent games by Pip and I'm still not totally sold on him...need an upgrade and Pip rides the pine...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This. A few decent games by Pip and I'm still not totally sold on him...need an upgrade and Pip rides the pine...
      Pip has shown proficiency in spot duty, which is a far cry from being good on a regular basis. Can’t deny it’s an improvement though, or perhaps a step on the road towards consistency. Would love to see him dominate in preseason.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

My cluster for 17. Im not listing names we know likely are drafted before these guys, means i dont feel they will fall to us so Sauce for example wont be on it.

Derek Stingley > doubtful
        Jermaine Johnson >surprisingly doubtful
        Jameson Williams
        Nakobe Dean
        Trent McDuffie
        Trevor Penning
        Chris Olave

Trade Down from 20 to 33

Kenyan Greene
        Zion Johnson
        Treylan Burks
        Andrew Booth
        Bernhard Raimann
        Boye Mafe
        Breece Hall

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

In a trade down scenario I’d be pretty happy with Kyler Gordon between 30-40.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Gusser
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2019
            • Send PM

I was really hoping Jordan Davis would fall to 17.

Comment

• Gusser
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

I was really hoping Davis would fall to 17.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Karlaftis would have been plus over Zion but need to address right side OL too great to select higher positional need/player.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                  Karlaftis would have been plus over Zion but need to address right side OL too great to select higher positional need/player.
                  maybe, and.... think Zion is gonna Pro Bowl eventually.... is George ever gonna ??
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

maybe, and.... think Zion is gonna Pro Bowl eventually.... is George ever gonna ??
                    What's more important, going to the Pro Bowl or going to the Superbowl and winning it?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

What's more important, going to the Pro Bowl or going to the Superbowl and winning it?
                      If Karlaftis wasn't on KC with Mahomes, he isn't going to a SB. He was meh.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Karlaftis wasn't on KC with Mahomes, he isn't going to a SB. He was meh.
                        He would have made even bigger impact for the Chargers than Chiefs (record wise) Chargers effectively played entire season without Bosa and only one premium pass rusher. Zion was nice but still right side of offensive line a weakness. Which is a sound reason, to add a younger, cheaper edge rusher early in this years draft. Expect Karlaftis to be even better his second year, Chargers also loss Tranquill to the Chiefs in free agency, so lost that little bit of pass rush as well :shifty:

Comment

• Katdnzr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Really curious why we have little or no Forum Speak on this Draft Forum section? With the draft quickly approaching, I would love to hear more discussion on what the members have on their minds? There are some pretty knowledgeable forum members who could really entertain me very night until the draft. Retired and need stimulation!

Comment

Working...
                          X