• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

In McSHay’s mock, every single guy I’ve focused on goes before us. Sad.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      care to elaborate?

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

care to elaborate?
        These are the guys I’ve been focusing on. And it’s unlikely Wilson will be there. Hopefully one of the others falls.

5. Philadelphia Eagles – RB Bijan Robinson, Texas
        8. Las Vegas Raiders – DE Tyree Wilson, Texas Tech
        10. Arizona Cardinals – DT Bryan Bresee, Clemson
        12. Houston Texans – TE Michael Mayer, Notre Dame
        13. Jacksonville Jaguars – WR Quentin Johnston, TCU
        14. Green Bay Packers – DE Myles Murphy, Clemson
        20. New York Giants – WR Jordan Addison, USC
        21. Washington Commanders – CB Kelee Ringo, Georgia
        22. Tennessee Titans – WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State
        n, Texas
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Ok got it.

Edge & WR concentrated. Could see Addison there as most desirable and if not Njigba for sure (due to injury).

Other availability positions (TE/RB) Mayer and Robinson. Your choice. Afraid others drafted before Chargers slot.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Ok got it.

Edge & WR concentrated. Could see Addison there as most desirable and if not Njigba for sure (due to injury).

Other availability positions (TE/RB) Mayer and Robinson. Your choice. Afraid others drafted before Chargers slot.
            Edge first, WR second are my preferred needs.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              eye like the idea of Jahmyr, but would be leaning Jared Verse based on what I sense as his intangibles.... gotta do a deeper dive on him.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

eye like the idea of Jahmyr, but would be leaning Jared Verse based on what I sense as his intangibles.... gotta do a deeper dive on him.
                Depends what traits you're looking for in edge. I'm not seeing explosive first step. Verse has motor, core strength and good hands to set edge and penetrate on second effort. I liked Karlaftis more in last year's draft if stacking up prospects said, “would run to the podium with pick” but absolutely love Zion pick as well.

Instead of edge, why not OLB in mold of Parsons (talked hard about his potential two years ago as pass rusher)? Clemson LB Trenton Simpson. Also comps to Issiah Simmons as do everything safety and not a liability in coverage. I know someone has brought up this type of player to pair with Derwin James just more in the box. Depending on how Chargers finish season, they could be picking in low 20's and if your so inclined beachcomber add him to the cluster,

Last edited by TexanBeerlover; 12-15-2022, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Depends what traits you're looking for in edge. I'm not seeing explosive first step. Verse has motor, core strength and good hands to set edge and penetrate on second effort. I liked Karlaftis more in last year's draft if stacking up prospects said, “would run to the podium with pick” but absolutely love Zion pick as well.

Instead of edge, why not OLB in mold of Parsons (talked hard about his potential two years ago as pass rusher)? Clemson LB Trenton Simpson. Also comps to Issiah Simmons as do everything safety and not a liability in coverage. I know someone has brought up this type of player to pair with Derwin James just more in the box. Depending on how Chargers finish season, they could be picking in low 20's and if your so inclined beachcomber add him to the cluster,
                  not sure if I've had him in my first round mock @all ?? not feelin' him as a Charger, and as thinkin' Murray is gonna be our off ball/OLB for next season ??

am all in on Sewell & Denzel, even tho they both have some cautionary tales to 'em....

and really like JV's intangibles, but recall a coupla few things that were coz for poz w/him, and not dissimilar from Jermaine Johnson last go 'round, who again really liked his intangibles, but it bore out that he really didn't have the repretoire of moves that you'd like for a first round Edge.... Verse is climbing into the top half on the first on some accounts, albeit was thinkin' he was more a second rounder ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not sure if I've had him in my first round mock @all ?? not feelin' him as a Charger, and as thinkin' Murray is gonna be our off ball/OLB for next season ??

am all in on Sewell & Denzel, even tho they both have some cautionary tales to 'em....

and really like JV's intangibles, but recall a coupla few things that were coz for poz w/him, and not dissimilar from Jermaine Johnson last go 'round, who again really liked his intangibles, but it bore out that he really didn't have the repretoire of moves that you'd like for a first round Edge.... Verse is climbing into the top half on the first on some accounts, albeit was thinkin' he was more a second rounder ??
                    One of the top draft-eligible linebackers in college football informed media yesterday that he is declaring for the 2023 NFL …

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

image.png
                      Louisville EDGE YaYa Diaby

Matt Stone/Courier-Journal

Listed at 6-foot-4 and 270 pounds, Diaby is coming off of a big senior campaign with the Cardinals. The former JUCO transfer had a breakout campaign with 33 total tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries and a pass batted in 12 games played. His sack total ranked third in the ACC this season, but his statistical production has cooled a bit since the early portion of the season. He could use a big performance in the bowl game against Cincinnati.

Assuming that the Chiefs don’t make a coaching change on the defensive side of the ball this offseason, Diaby is a fit for Steve Spagnuolo’s prototype. He does a good job setting the edge and playing the run, but he also is relentless in getting after the quarterback. He’d be a solid rotational piece to add to a lineup that will feature George Karlaftis and Mike Danna in 2023.

Fenway Bowl: Cincinnati vs. Louisville – Saturday, Dec. 17 at 10:00 a.m. CT – Live stream on fuboTV (free 7-day trial).
                      concern re: level of competition ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Florida OG O'Cyrus Torrence

AP Photo/Gary McCullough

I had originally planned to write about WR Justin Shorter, who officially declared for the draft and will skip the bowl game. We pivoted to Torrence, who is now also not playing in the game. Still, this hulking interior offensive lineman is worth writing about even if he won’t suit up on Saturday.

Torrence has a fresh set of First-Team All-American honors. At 6-foot-5 and 345 pounds, he’s been a load to handle in both the running game and the passing game. He’ll finish his four-year career at Florida without having surrendered a single sack in 46 career starts.

The Chiefs don’t exactly need another interior offensive lineman with Joe Thuney and Trey Smith under contract, but Torrence has the potential to be the best available player late in the first round of the draft.

Las Vegas Bowl: Florida vs. Oregon State – Saturday, Dec. 17 at 1:30 p.m. CT – Live stream on fuboTV (free 7-day trial).

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Mock of the day. I’ve been feeling a little short on beef in my diet.

2D0B8990-2852-499B-B9DF-C255A4682262.jpg
                          Attached Files
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X