• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Future NFL 5-tech Dante Stills made a solid impact against Baylor with 4 tackles and one TFL. When matched up with BU OT Connor Galvin, he was held mostly in check. The 5th-year left tackle has great size (6’7” 310) and uses his arm length to his advantage.

One of the best nose tackles prospects in this draft class resides in Waco. At 6’4” tall and 350-pounds, Siaki Ika is a whole lot of man to move out of the way. Against WVU, Ika had three tackles, a TFL, and a hurry.
    Rising’s favorite target on Saturday was 5th-year TE Dalton Kincaid. Kincaid was already in Shane P Hallam’s top-five TEs. He will soon be in mine. Southern Cal had no answer for Kincaid. Whether it be on a seam route or short-range throws, he was seemingly wide-open all game. Kincaid caught all 15 of his targets for 217 yards and one TD.
    Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State

The Bulldogs defense played tough against Kentucky for most of the game, in part thanks to Forbes. He helped keep the team in the game with a Pick-6 off of Will Levis on a screen pass, Forbes second TD of the year. He has 5 interceptions total and is not only a ballhawk, but a solid press cover corner. Though his name is often left out of the top CB names in the draft, he is on the rise, and a Pick-6 against a future NFL QB doesn’t (hurt).
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
      Man, would love for Chargers/Herbert to be in position to grab Tennessee WR Jalin Hyatt. Exactly what this offense needs (electric speed/twitch) plus a big mauling RT in 2nd rd. also from Tennessee Darnell Wright, RT 6-5 347. Pretty much shut-down speed edge rusher Will Anderson off Young. Let’s Go :Beer1:
      Names To Know

Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee

This list would not be complete without Hyatt’s 6 catches for 207 yards and 5 TDs. The junior has flashed his talent before, but his speed was on full display against Alabama. Without teammate Cedric Tillman, Hyatt was the de facto #1 WR for Hendon Hooker. His smooth route running and double moves made him a cover one-on-one coverage player ultimately. Hyatt’s name was barely on the draft radar before this, but doing this against future NFL defenders certainly puts him on the map.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

The best ball skills in FBS. At this writing, Forbes’ thirteen interceptions and five pick-sixes during his career bring testimony to his comfortability with the ball in the air.

Intangibles

Mississippi State Head Coach Mike Leach extols Forbes’ virtues. During a play where a team picked off a pass, Forbes led the way. With key blocks downfield, Mississippi State scored. If you ask Forbes about his accomplishments, vast as they are, he will downplay them and place the team first. Additionally, Forbes brings infectious confidence to the field. In the line of cornerbacks to make the leap from Starkville to the NFL like Fred Smoot or Darius Slay, Forbes could be the most confident of all.

Raiders need cornerbacks that can create turnovers. No other cornerback in this draft has better ball instincts.
        https://fullpresscoverage.com/2022/10/19/2023-raiders-draft-prospect-cb-emmanuel-forbes/

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Screenshot 2022-10-20 001227.jpg

didn't really care so much for this draft, but nfldraftdatabase liked it, as got alotta A's 'n B's for 'em....

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

didn't really care so much for this draft, but nfldraftdatabase liked it, as got alotta A's 'n B's for 'em....
            Go for shitty grade and take your players, then later when they catch up you can say I told you so robe:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

If we draft Bumper Pool over YaYa Diably, I am out of here.
              veryourhead:
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Emmanuel Forbes | CB | Mississippi State | 6’0”, 180 lbs

Jeremy Betz and I talked briefly about Forbes on The Steelers Fix this week, which you can listen to in the player down below. This cornerback class keeps getting better and better, and I feel as if Forbes is getting somewhat overlooked. This past week against Kentucky, Forbes recorded 3 tackles and 1 pass defended while also picking off NFL Draft prospect Will Levis and returning it 59 yards for a touchdown.

Forbes is yet to fill out his frame, as he is most definitely on the lean side. However, his game is solid in all facets. He possesses tremendous foot speed, displays phenomenal instincts, and gets good position at the line of scrimmage against bigger receivers. Consider Forbes firmly amidst the first-round conversation.

Jalin Hyatt | WR | Tennessee | 6’0”, 180 lbs

Tennessee’s upset of Alabama on Saturday was one for the ages. One of the biggest takeaways of the game was that the Crimson Tide did not have a game plan for receiver Jalin Hyatt. Hyatt stomped all over the Tide secondary, recording 6 receptions for 207 yards and 5 touchdowns. Hyatt is typically a secondary option to Cedric Tillman, but with Tillman sidelined with an injury, Hyatt took full advantage of the bigger role in the offense. Let’s see if his success continues when Tillman returns.

Dalton Kincaid | TE | Utah | 6’5”, 245 lbs

Good tight ends are hard to come by in the NFL, and every time we see one producing in college, it is difficult not to stop and at least look. This week, perhaps the best receiving performance came from Utah tight end Dalton Kincaid, who caught 16 passes for 234 yards and a touchdown. The San Diego transfer is having himself a mini breakout campaign, recording over 550 yards and 6 touchdowns through 7 games. If this success continues in the second half of the season, expect his name to be called on Day 2 of the draft.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

The Seminoles have a fun EDGE in Jared Verse who appears to have a bright NFL future. Verse transferred from FCS-level Albany and has proven he can make the jump in level of competition. He had two sacks and a blocked punt vs. LSU.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I am still team Donovan Edwards (not draft eligible) over Blake Corum. Edwards just has more juice. Obviously, wasn’t a bad day for Corum (28 carries for 166 yards and two scores). He’s just a bowling ball. Not sure how fast. Has some wiggle. Just screams Big 10 mediocre back. I’m sorry, but that’s what I see. Don’t think the Penn State game changes anything here. Corum can make plays but if what are the expectations? You think this is a starting NFL back? That’s not in the cards.

Real quick on Byron Young. This is starting to become a trend and I tried to warn you. I don’t want to hear the excuses. How can this guy be an all world pass rusher and every time I watch Tennessee it’s someone else making the play on defense? Basically invisible again in this one. This time against a real offensive line. Might be an All-SEC guy but when does he ever pop off the screen and announce he’s him? I can’t recall a time yet this year. Foot better be on the gas soon because I can’t imagine how he’s not losing steam.

Is it concerning at all that Dalton Kincaid put up 16 catches for 234 yards and a touchdown? It’s something for the sole fact that Brant Kuithe is a player I thought put himself on the map. Now? Can just anybody step into that spot? Is Kincaid just good himself? Is USC’s defense just that putrid? Happy to break your brain to end the post.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Israel Abanikanda | RB | Pittsburgh | 5’11”, 215 lbs

I certainly do not expect running back to be near the top of the list of Steeler needs in 2023, but record-breakers deserve recognition regardless. On Saturday against Virginia Tech, nothing could go wrong for Pittsburgh running back Israel Abanikanda, who broke Tony Dorsett’s single-game rushing record at Pitt with 320 rushing yards and 6 touchdowns on 36 carries.

Abanikanda does not look like a big back when you see him on TV, but he is well-built at 5’11”, 215 lbs, and he runs with great vision. After a performance as good as this one, numerous NFL scouts will have their eyes peeled on Abanikanda the rest of the season. If this success continues at a more reasonable pace, expect his name to be called on Day 2 of the draft.

Others Who Improved Their Stock

Drake Thomas | ILB | North Carolina State | 6’0”, 230 lbs | 14 TCKL, 7 SOLO, 2 TFL, 2 PD

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

18DF7585-8504-4B5F-BC1A-9E7E00739B96.jpeg
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

2002 NFL draft

A 6 win team drafted 7th

All 7 win teams drafted in top 11.

I’m now looking at top 10 talent for my draft pick. It’s not happening in mock draft games yet, but it will.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X