Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post

Now you are complaining about a punter that is not even on the team anymore. Get real.
    And the guy we signed failed out of the out of the league, has never produced a 40 yard net punting yards average ever, and might be even worse than Long. You get real.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

We were dead last in net punting last year and punted about 3 times per game before we even reach the issue of Long being the slowest punter to kick the ball in the league, which leads to more blocked punts. I would say that P is much more important than a weak rotational DL player that may not make the roster.
    The DL rotational player has a pretty good shot at making the roster. He’s the prototype Staley DL. Also nice is that he’ll have a former 6th rounder in SJD to help mentor him.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    I like Staley’s team building better than anybody’s on this board. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• nomad1946
    replied

We were dead last in net punting last year and punted about 3 times per game before we even reach the issue of Long being the slowest punter to kick the ball in the league, which leads to more blocked punts. I would say that P is much more important than a weak rotational DL player that may not make the roster.

Now you are complaining about a punter that is not even on the team anymore. Get real.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    I don’t fucking care that we passed over Araiza! And neither does Staley. We weren’t going to draft a punter who out kicks his coverage and lacks accuracy to pin a team. I know this really well because he’s from my alma mater and I watched him all the time. And given the fact that we don’t really punt, it’s okay to pass over a punter for a more important rotational position.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    I don’t fucking care that we passed over Araiza! And neither does Staley. We weren’t going to draft a punter who out kicks his coverage and lacks accuracy to pin a team. I know this really well because he’s from my alma mater and I watched him all the time. And given the fact that we don’t really punt, it’s okay to pass over a punter for a more important rotational position.
    4 downs...that's like another swing at the plate for us...dam the the nfl gives you four strikes! LOL!

:coffee:

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied

And because we did not take Jones when we had the chance, we used our 5th round pick to take Ogbonnia and that cost us Araiza. There are consequences to not getting full value for draft picks.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied

Well, this goes back to us playing a 3-4. The worst starter is Tillery by a mile.
    As people keep telling you, we don’t really play a 3-4.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Jones was probably going to see the field less than Wood is. That’s just how Staley’s defensive scheme is built. Ogbonnia is a rotational depth piece. He’s not meant to be the starter in front of Austin and Sebastian. If you have issues with the pick, then complain to Staley.
    Well, this goes back to us playing a 3-4. The worst starter is Tillery by a mile.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Ogbonnia is going to be depth in a rotation after spending big in FA on two DTs. They obviously wanted another starter at safety in Wood.
    And because we did not take Jones when we had the chance, we used our 5th round pick to take Ogbonnia and that cost us Araiza. There are consequences to not getting full value for draft picks.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied

I disagree and think Penning and Jones would have contributed right away. I like Zion Johnson, but the defenders that played against him and Penning at the Senior Bowl thought Penning was better--better right now. The Saints liked Penning at #19 overall.

Jones is an in shape hard worker. He did very well at the Senior Bowl. He certainly is going to be a lot better than Ogbonnia, who was a terrible non-Araiza pick.

I like Strong's big play capability and so did the Patriots. That said, I think I understand why the team preferred Spiller, who represented good value.

I think the players I named help us in win now mode, but also have higher ceilings to help us continue winning.
    Jones was probably going to see the field less than Wood is. That’s just how Staley’s defensive scheme is built. Ogbonnia is a rotational depth piece. He’s not meant to be the starter in front of Austin and Sebastian. If you have issues with the pick, then complain to Staley.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

White was a S in college - they have drafted 5 w out him. I don't care about since Staley was here. Mgmt has drafted a lot of safeties over the recent years. 5 of them. 2 in the last 2 years.
    Safeties have become more valuable than LBs in the modern NFL. Just like RBs have given way to WRs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X