• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...for example, drafting JAGS like Reed and Hill in 2020 were just wasted picks...Kelley and Gilman two more JAGS...and giving up that 3rd rounder to move up for Murray, already looking like a semi-bust, was totally lame...only pick he got right that draft was Herbie...
    Dude you have to give late round picks their 3 year window. I know you like to call late picks a bust after one season which is ridiculous but we got late round picks here that might not do nothing for us either.

I don't expect them to but it's a bonus if they do.

Gilman has played for us but don't fit Staley's scheme. Maybe he will be better on another team. He may be a Colt after we cut him.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      This on Zander from nfldraftbuzz:

Strengths
      • Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards, and makes good decisions on his cut.
      • Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
      • Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
      • A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact.
      • Difficult to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly.
      • Is an excellent pass blocker - used extensively as a pass protector in college
      • Versitile - recruited as a linebacker, and has played running back, fullback, and a big contributor on special teams
      • Very good hands - soft and reliable and could easily become a security blanket for pro QBs
      • An incredibly physical ballcarrier who rarely goes down to initial contact.
      • Fights for extra yardage and is reliable in short-yardage situations.
      • At Perdue's pro day demonstrated impressive athleticism with a 4.57 40 at 230 lbs and 31 reps on the bench
      • Was mainly used as a regular running back at Purdue but projects to full back in the NFL
      Sounds like a good, old fashioned, John Madden BOOM-BOOM-BOOM 3 yards and a cloud of dust physical player. Nice.

Sounds like a Patriot

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

He’s bigger, faster, stronger, jumps higher, and generally more athletic than Roundtree. Better hands too. And probably better on special teams.

Roundtree dances way stupider. So he’s got that.

Zander Horvath’s pro day:
        4.57 40
        31 reps
        35.5 vert
        10.3 broad

This dude is faster and jumps higher than Spiller.
        We'll see. If he is a tougher runner than Roundtree then that's something at least. But Staley was a part of drafting Roundtree. I can see Kelly getting cut though.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Staley did not fully understand at the beginning how slow this team was and how bad the talent was other then a hand full of names......
          Neither did a large portion of people on this forum. Many were delusional about it. For years we have heard fans boast how good this team's talent is. When they time and again disappoint people. I think Norv cursed this team before he left. Remember the press conference he had before he departed? Curses are real. They have to be undone.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We'll see. If he is a tougher runner than Roundtree then that's something at least. But Staley was a part of drafting Roundtree. I can see Kelly getting cut though.
            I think it’ll come down to special teams. And if it does, I believe Horvath will have the edge.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

I hope all of that is true but he was ranked 288th
              it matters more to me that staley likes him and that him and leonard are puttunf campbell and lemon on notice…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Overall like what they did at OL, RB and hopefully CB.

don’t like the lack of LBs. You don’t have to tell me that Staley likes to play blah, blah, blah….We were a bad defense last year and remain weak in the middle part of our d. We lack that LB that every great defense has and we didn’t event try. Raiders and Broncos have solid run games and if I’m them I’m planning to run the ball and dominate the clock on us and keep Herbert off the field. And we aren’t built to stop that.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

A couple signings:
                  DB Skyler Thomas, Liberty
                  K James McCourt, Illinois
                  1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                  2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Brugler’s best available UDFA:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Good source for updates.
                      “Illinois kicker James McCourt to the Los Angeles Chargers, per a league source.”
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• nomad1946
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2017
                        • West Yellowstone, Montana
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

And a WR signed
                        • WR Trevon Bradford, Oregon State

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          Overall like what they did at OL, RB and hopefully CB.

don’t like the lack of LBs. You don’t have to tell me that Staley likes to play blah, blah, blah….We were a bad defense last year and remain weak in the middle part of our d. We lack that LB that every great defense has and we didn’t event try. Raiders and Broncos have solid run games and if I’m them I’m planning to run the ball and dominate the clock on us and keep Herbert off the field. And we aren’t built to stop that.
                          We'll see how it all shakes out.
                          The cycles of football.

Power football opponents are on our schedule this year.

Now, StaleyD concepts involve tempting opponents to run. We swarm and wrap up. DTs with friendly StaleyD skills will help. EDGE players who hold the EDGE.

IMV the front five determine run defense more than LBs. Amen and Reeder should hold down the fort. Let's see if we snag any two-down UFA LBs now.

It is definitely a discussion worth having, jammer. Glad you have the gumption to state it as you see it. Popularity be damned.

And I do feel ya on Woods. This lack of tackling fundamentals is an issue indeed. But it sure appears StaleyD likes the speed and range. We have got to some how defend all these weapons, speed and size.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X