• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leslie Grossman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Oklahoma
    • Send PM

I know, I know, what they said....but the draft isn't even over yet. They don't want to disrespect Pipkins and Norton. Want to keep the fire under their asses lit of course.
    It can be denied all summer long but by
    Week 1 I kind of expect Salyer or Feiler at RT.

Comment

• nomad1946
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2017
      • West Yellowstone, Montana
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

He is Long 2.0 right down to the blocked punts and crappy net punting average.
      And my comment was why to we need to resign Long when already have his complete replacement signed. Reading the entire post is important

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Why not resign Ty Long? I liked him especially as an emergency FG kicker.
        Because he was a horrible punter

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

I didn't know Tariq Castro-Fields was still on the board. He would have been good as the 6th pick but I don't know enough about these guys to really say. Taylor is also a PR/KR, so there's that.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Priority FA.
            Stonehouse beat out Araiza for first team conference honors 3 out of 4 years, has a better career average distance of punt than both punters that went in the 4th round, and almost half of his punts (48.1%) last year were downed inside the 20. If you’re worried about P you don’t hope he comes to you as a FA, you go and draft him.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Palmer caught some of the passes Guyton got in 2020. I expect that to continue, Palmer looks pretty promising.
              This. Guyton didn't have a down year, it's just that there are only so many opportunities to be targeted with all the weapons the Chargers have. And as you point out, Palmer certainly took some catches away from Guyton. Both Parham and Ekeler had career record years in receptions. Guyton might be slightly underutilized, if anything. It is a good problem to have. And it makes sense the Chargers have not drafted a WR through six rounds.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Bo Melton to Seattle…. They have serious speed at WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Woods wouldn’t have fallen to our pick at 123 so we used a 3rd to get him. Don’t waste my time with your big board talk and go look at the safeties taken between 79 and 123 and tell me Woods is worse than all of them. It’s ok to take the punter you want a round earlier then he went but not to take a safety early?
                  You are missing the most important part. It is not okay to pass on an opportunity to get Travis Jones (#44 overall player) to select the #137 overall player in Woods. Woods is totally irrelevant in the presence of Jones.

If we happened to get Woods with our 4th round pick, then fine. If not, no great loss. Just move on and take Tycen Anderson later, who Zierlein rated as being about the same as Woods (Zierlein rated Anderson a tick better)--same height, same speed, Anderson had a better three cone drill.

To get Araiza, we would have had to use our 5th round pick or trade back into the 5th round.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This. Guyton didn't have a down year, it's just that there are only so many opportunities to be targeted with all the weapons the Chargers have. And as you point out, Palmer certainly took some catches away from Guyton. Both Parham and Ekeler had career record years in receptions. Guyton might be slightly underutilized, if anything. It is a good problem to have. And it makes sense the Chargers have not drafted a WR through six rounds.
                    The WR coach also loves maurice ffrench, coached him at pitt and ffrench has KR/PR skills, he’ll get an opportunity to beat out carter for WR#5 spot
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                      I know, I know, what they said....but the draft isn't even over yet. They don't want to disrespect Pipkins and Norton. Want to keep the fire under their asses lit of course.
                      It can be denied all summer long but by
                      Week 1 I kind of expect Salyer or Feiler at RT.
                      If they were about disrespecting players, they wouldn’t have gotten all the players they did in FA and the draft. I still think there’s a chance of a post draft OT in FA. But if not, the having a reliable RG like Zion will help alleviate a lot of the problems for an RT.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                        Bo Melton to Seattle…. They have serious speed at WR.
                        I was hoping he would drop to Chargers

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

ESPN has Griffiths Punter from USC as best P available either him or CSU P at 260 may be a good idea instead of competing against 31 other teams in UDFA signings

Comment

Working...
                          X