• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

I have a small vibe that this team was really high on the WRs and then teams knew that. Like 4 teams moved up ahead of us. I wondered a while back if Staley was gushing too hard about these types of guys in the draft. I really felt he was onto one of them. Many close to the team saw it. I love coach but i think he might say too much as it pertains to targets in the draft. Im not saying GMs outclassed TT and left him without one of the 5. I had Dotson way up there also. I just see an OBJ type. Those top 5 WRs were my favorite players lol. So i could just be looking to let off some sorrow that we didnt get one. Love the Zion pick though.

Comment

• nomad1946
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2017
      • West Yellowstone, Montana
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

What part of we could have drafted a strong P and instead drafted a weak DL player after failing to draft a great DL player when we had the chance to do so do you not understand?
      You really are a one trick pony and that one trick is getting very old.

Did I ever say we didn't need another punter? No I didn't. As far as your analysis of players, go look at some more big boards, maybe you will get a clue.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

7th round is pretty much all guys that could have been UDFAs, it is the last round after all.
        true...but you dont have to compete for other teams for them.... so that is why I wonder why they traded away 2 of them instead of taking fliers on a couple more players that might impress..... if there is a 25% chance of success.... 4 picks means one of the 7th makes an impact..... quantity can help especially if we have history of missing on guys... lol

Comment

• nomad1946
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2017
          • West Yellowstone, Montana
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He just likes to argue. He'll find a position that is contrarian to the majority on the board and keep arguing the point over and over, to death. I don't think he really believes the stuff he writes, he just gets off on arguing with everybody, it's his sole purpose for being on the forum. I never engage him.
          Maybe I need to just try and ignore him, I get pissed when he repeats the same lame arguments in very thread. And when he attributes things to me when I didn't post them.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
            I have a small vibe that this team was really high on the WRs and then teams knew that. Like 4 teams moved up ahead of us. I wondered a while back if Staley was gushing too hard about these types of guys in the draft. I really felt he was onto one of them. Many close to the team saw it. I love coach but i think he might say too much as it pertains to targets in the draft. Im not saying GMs outclassed TT and left him without one of the 5. I had Dotson way up there also. I just see an OBJ type. Those top 5 WRs were my favorite players lol. So i could just be looking to let off some sorrow that we didnt get one. Love the Zion pick though.
            Or maybe he was gushing about them because it was subterfuge? It’s not like we needed a WR after all. It was better to push better positional needs down the board.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
              Has 60 plus starts in college, super experienced and polished player, he’s a poor man’s asante samuel but way faster, plays in the slot, good blitzer and has aknack for picking off passes. Also adds value in punt return game!
              I hope all of that is true but he was ranked 288th

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

So Dean wasn’t higher on your big boards? What was he ranked then?
                It was clear that Dean was a medical DQ as I have now stated multiple times. Sometimes a medical issue lowers a player from where the player might otherwise go. Other times, the player is completely off the board. If our team's medical staff says "do not take this guy, he has a medical issue," I do not fault Telesco for not taking him.

NFLN reported that Dean's medical issue was a major issue for many teams. I did not see Dean as a healthy faller at all.

By contrast, there was no mention of Jones having any such issues. He just fell unexpectedly. That is why he was clearly the BPA when #75 rolled around. That was roughly a full round below his consensus rank and some had him ranked in the first round. In terms of value, it was a repeat of Keenan Allen's situation.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

I hope all of that is true but he was ranked 288th
                  He’s a 7th round pick so whatever.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Kevin austin Jr is a WR from Notre Dame with 4.4 speed still available....
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                      I would have liked a stud wideout myself. But we had so many needs on this team. I'm glad we got Zion though. Should help Spiller and Ek have some running room.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

seems like Staley and Telesco want more speed in the DB room

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post

Maybe I need to just try and ignore him, I get pissed when he repeats the same lame arguments in very thread. And when he attributes things to me when I didn't post them.
                          I don't take him seriously. His only purpose for being in this forum is to suck as many people as he can into arguments with him, that is why he repeats the same inane things over and over. I just don't engage with him at all. If everybody stopped in engaging with him, he would disappear.

Comment

Working...
                          X