• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

7th round picks are crap shoots, take fast guys, line em up and let them compete.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

So he's an UDFA actually so a little high again for a 6th. They don't have much luck down here usually anyway
      Oh you’re talking about Taylor. Staley probably liked his upside and versatility enough that he wanted him in the 6th. Also understand that big board and rankings start going out the window the further down the draft you go. Especially on the third day. Every team is going to have different rankings based on need and scheme.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

"Insider" rumors were that we were only looking at WR projects day 3. Club really likes Palmer.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

6th and 7th round DB's were picked to make us faster to the ball in ST's and CB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This. Guyton didn't have a down year, it's just that there are only so many opportunities to be targeted with all the weapons the Chargers have. And as you point out, Palmer certainly took some catches away from Guyton. Both Parham and Ekeler had career record years in receptions. Guyton might be slightly underutilized, if anything. It is a good problem to have. And it makes sense the Chargers have not drafted a WR through six rounds.
            Guyton had a typical year. 25-30 receptions, 3 TDs. That's what he is, a depth player who gets the occasional long ball. Palmer likely I'd our out right #3 next season.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think the WR corps is so deep already, it's probably the least needy position group on the roster.
              not really.... we have 2 really good WR's..... neither of them is considered a complete number one WR (who can do it all)..... the rest of our guys are ok .... we still lack explosive speed and RAC which is best way to take advantage of Herberts strong arm..... our offense was not averaging over 30 points per game so it needs improvement.....

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

No, I very much believe we screwed ourselves by not trading up at #75 to select Travis Jones, who was ranked 93 players higher than J.T. Woods on one of the consensus big boards. Our forum knew that the Ravens were taking Jones at #76, so no credit to Telesco if he missed that one. And the #75 pick was actually traded, proving that a trade could have been made for it. I think this failure hurt us later in the draft when decided to go after a DL player instead of taking Araiza, so we really paid for this error in multiple ways.

I always think about stupid moves like this when I see our team and think, "Man, we are just a player or two away." It is mistakes like the one described above that keep us a player or two away.
                Once again, you really shouldn’t be talking given how you don’t understand Staley’s defensive scheme.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

His proficiency in pass protection is a huge plus. It's common for young RBs to have their carries limited until they can they prove they aren't a liability in pass protection. This won't be the case with Spiller.

Like Zion, Spiller should be able to start from Day One and be a significant upgrade over the guy he replaces.
                  agree!

Its obvious Staley was taking charge of this draft

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Last chance for Britain Covey....and Max Borghi....either one would be a nice wild card addition to our camp.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

It was clear that Dean was a medical DQ as I have now stated multiple times. Sometimes a medical issue lowers a player from where the player might otherwise go. Other times, the player is completely off the board. If our team's medical staff says "do not take this guy, he has a medical issue," I do not fault Telesco for not taking him.

NFLN reported that Dean's medical issue was a major issue for many teams. I did not see Dean as a healthy faller at all.

By contrast, there was no mention of Jones having any such issues. He just fell unexpectedly. That is why he was clearly the BPA when #75 rolled around. That was roughly a full round below his consensus rank and some had him ranked in the first round. In terms of value, it was a repeat of Keenan Allen's situation.
                      JT Wood fits what Staley wanted and addressed DT in 5th (Otito Ogbonnia) is long and athletic, different fit/type than Jones who is more prototypical Nose Tackle.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

There goes Gunter. EDGE is my #1 concern at this point.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post

For next years 6th from the Bears
                          Next year, Bolts should package those their 6th rounders for a 5th...just keep moving up...

Comment

Working...
                          X