• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
    He plays a position that is pretty much the furthest from the ball. I feel like we shouldn't be drafting a perimiter player at all with #3.
    10000% this
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Need Nick Hardwick to come in and (again) tell us how badly we need some tough motherfuckers in the trenches before this team goes ANYWHERE.

Ramsey would be the definition of disappointment. I get the whole BPA vs need thing...but you can't tell me that Ramsey is THAT much more talented that some of the OL/DL players that we could get BPA/need addressed with one pick in the trenches.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Buckner might be the pick at #3, but the Polian tirade dissuaded me to be happy if he's the one that they take there. He's the one that I think has a very high ceiling compared to Bosa... but not on the same level as Ramsey.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

I agree we need to go trenches. I'd prefer to go DL in the first round. On the OL, we need help inside. Rivers has no problem stepping up into the pocket to avoid outside rushers as long as the inside is clean. The top OL at the stop we are drafting are OT's, so I don't think it really helps us that much. The DL on the other hand has been mediocre at best for a long time now. A strong DL will make the run defense better and the pass defense better.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Buckner might be the pick at #3, but the Polian tirade dissuaded me to be happy if he's the one that they take there. He's the one that I think has a very high ceiling compared to Bosa... but not on the same level as Ramsey.
            Rich Ohrnberger was on 1360 this morning saying that Polian has it completely wrong and essentially has no idea what he's talking about. He thinks Polian got Buckner and Bosa swapped. Bosa is better suited for 4-3 and Buckner is better suited for 3-4.

Last edited by Foxbatkllr; 04-28-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
              I wouldn't be too mad if that's the way it fell. Still prefer Stanley to Tunsil if we go LT @3 though.
              Ive been saying it for a while now. Stanley is a better fit for us. Not only does he help Rivers. He really imo helps Gordon more than Tunsil. I just think hes a better run blocker. Close in pass protection. I also think Barksdale could play OG. One pick really helps us at a couple positions.

Still though Center is our biggest need overall imo. And i think Kelly is probably the safest pick in the draft. So if we could get a haul for the #3 and move back with a team like Miami i would consider him at #13. I think the 3 OTs will be gone.

Comment

• Wheels
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
                Rich Ohrnberger was on 1360 this morning saying that Polian has it completely wrong and essentially has no idea what he's talking about. He thinks Polian got Buckner and Bosa swapped. Bosa is better suited for 4-3 and Buckner is better suited for 3-4.

https://twitter.com/ohrnberger/statu...83330985054208
                I remember with the AJ Smith regime, around the Wade Phillips as DC era, they spoke about liking guys with a lot of length for the 3-4 DE position. I think it was that having the long reach was good for stalemating the OT, which was basically what they wanted the DE's to do. Buckner matches that description physically.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

No, Polian was describing Buckner with his physical traits. I kind of agree that his height might be an issue .

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Ive been saying it for a while now. Stanley is a better fit for us. Not only does he help Rivers. He really imo helps Gordon more than Tunsil. I just think hes a better run blocker. Close in pass protection. I also think Barksdale could play OG. One pick really helps us at a couple positions.

Still though Center is our biggest need overall imo. And i think Kelly is probably the safest pick in the draft. So if we could get a haul for the #3 and move back with a team like Miami i would consider him at #13. I think the 3 OTs will be gone.
                    So happy to read that.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      Nkumbskull.
                      Have you created a disparaging nickname for Bosa yet? Considering his off field issues.
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                        He plays a position that is pretty much the furthest from the ball. I feel like we shouldn't be drafting a perimiter player at all with #3.
                        So if the Chargers had him ranked much higher than any linemen, they should take a lesser player anyway? I'm not sure that is the smartest thing to do.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Bosa Molly Mumosa!

Joey Bosa bosa babosa banana fan-a fa-fosa
                          ma-me-my mu-mosa!

Bosa!
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...