Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    Summary:

Yesterday was exciting getting to add Bosa, lucky that the trades in front of them resulted in QBs.
    Plan to start him out on DLine, we're in a 4-man front most of the time - thinks he fits us very well.
    Didn't deliberate at all, he was the #1 guy on their board the whole time.
    He was a consistent playmaker in every game they saw of him. Very balanced.
    Excited about what he'll bring to our defense (ability + attitude).
    Expectation for 2nd round - a lot of trade activity due to talent left on board. Telesco's been on the phone a lot this morning.
    No scenario where he could see them trading up, but down is definitely a possibility.
    They don't use the trade value chart, they use historical trades as indicators of what compensation should be.
    There's one guy they feel really good about in the 2nd, but don't know if he's going to be there.
    And he's going to be gushing over the guy in tonight's news conference. No way he should have fallen to the Bolts. LOL.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
      And he's going to be gushing over the guy in tonight's news conference. No way he should have fallen to the Bolts. LOL.
      Jack.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Tunsil at his Miami presser showing off his uniform.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Former Charger Mike Goff lauds Bolts rookie Tuerk
          Chargers rookie center Tuerk is tall but flexible and driven

By Tom Krasovic | 7 a.m. May 6, 2016

Third round draft pick Max Tuerk, who will compete to play center, signs autographs for Chargers fans during DraftFest at Qualcomm Stadium. — Howard Lipin / San Diego Union-Tribune
          ��
          ✉⎙
          Good morning.

Welcome to the speed blog.

• As an assistant coach with USC, former Chargers blocker Mike Goff knows Chargers draftee and ex-Trojans center Max Tuerk. Goff talked Tuerk with 1360 AM's Judson Richards.

Goff said "football is important" to Tuerk. The 6-foot-5 blocker is tall for center but has "bend" that leads to success.

My take: Height can advantage a blocker who has rare gifts. An example is Don Mosebar, a 6-6 center from USC. The Raiders drafted him 26th in 1983. He made three Pro Bowls.

A torn ACL ended Tuerk's senior season Oct. 8.

• Former Telesco mentor Bill Polian said that even before a video surfaced on Draft Night of Laremy Tunsil smoking weed through a gas mask, several NFL teams downgraded the Ole Miss tackle due to character and injury worries. Polian said many teams had deemed Tunsil too risky for a top-25 pick (he went 13th to the Dolphins, 10 slots after Telesco chose Ohio State end Joey Bosa).

NFL folks saw that he was a big risk...Everyone in the league was aware of his issues. That picture simply gave the public a graphic example of it. (Source: SiriusXM NFL Radio)

My take: Here's to Tunsil moving past this storm en route to a sturdy NFL career. The Blog wrote nine days before the draft that Tunsil's off-field issues at Ole Miss argued against the Bolts drafting him.

• Jalen Ramsey, the Florida State defensive back who went to the Jaguars two picks after the Bosa move, will work at outside cornerback in spring training. Jaguars GM David Caldwell said Ramsey, who played safety as well for the Seminoles, thus can sharpen his coverage skills before facing teams like the Chargers next season.

Caldwell also told SiriusXM that he offered Telesco a fifth-round pick in his quest to rise in the second round. When Telesco turned him down and picked Arkansas tight end Hunter Henry at 35, Caldwell traded 38 and a fifth-rounder to the Ravens for 36. Then he chose UCLA linebacker Myles Jack.

My take: It's possible Jack and Henry will go against each other this season.

• Toughness is the calling card of Matt Slauson, the former Bears left guard/center who visited the Chargers this week.

During his victory lap Saturday after the NFL draft, Bears general manager Ryan Pace reveled in revealing how coach John Fox urged him to find tough, "throwback players.''

One day later, Pace cut starting guard Matt Slauson, the guy teammates considered the toughest player in the locker room, a veteran who could not have epitomized a throwback player any more without wearing a leather helmet. (Source: Chicago Tribune, David Haugh)

My take: Fishing after last year's draft, Telesco struck a bargain deal with blocker Joe Barksdale after the Rams went with younger blockers. Like Barkdale then, Slauson doesn't seem to have a strong hand to play now. Bringing Slauson aboard on a low-risk deal would strengthen know-how and competition at two spots where injuries hit hard last year. The Bills can offer Slauson a more ground-oriented offense
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            You're reaching. I never said anything negative about Bosa ever.

I mean so what if you had. I wish those of us who are posing as the negative police would just let it go. I mean so what. We finished 4-12 last season. I'm guessing none of us had much to do with that. Don't the negative police folks realize they too are being negative with their constant whining? You're being negative! You're being negative! Oh fucking shut UP! BRAT!!
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Krasovic has some weak ass takes.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Oip likes to stir shit up. Nothing wrong with that, especially if he can create a paper trail to stir shit up even more later. Posters have called him out on it in the past and will likely continue to do so as he seems hellbent on posting, well, shit-stirring posts. Is what it is.

Perhaps instead of ranting at those of us tired of it, one might look to the originator of this behavior cycle? But it is a fan board, so I guess I expect all of the above to continue (in my defense I've gotten better at not taking the bait, although I still sometimes fail, sorry).

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Sorry, heavy sugar rush there (my last post).
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                    Sorry, heavy sugar rush there (my last post).
                    lol, me and caffeine.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Time to stir this shits
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Five draft picks sign with Chargers

Posted by Zac Jackson on May 9, 2016, 6:58 PM EDT

Getty Images
                        The Chargers announced the signings of five late-round draft picks on Monday.

Signing their rookie deals were fourth-round linebacker Joshua Perry, fifth-round linebacker Jatavis Brown, sixth-round punter Drew Kaser, sixth-round fullback Derek Watt and seventh-round guard Donavon Clark.

Perry played in 52 games in his Ohio State career. He was the leading tackler on Ohio State’s 2014 national championship team and the second-leading tackler last season.

Brown was not invited to the Scouting Combine but was the Mid-American Conference Defensive Player of the Year in 2015. He had 12 sacks last season and helped Akron to its first bowl win.

The Chargers released longtime punter Mike Scifres after drafting Kaser. Watt is the younger brother of Texans star J.J. Watt.

The Chargers’ top three draft picks remain unsigned but that could change before the team’s rookie minicamp this weekend
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• chris9341
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

To think that I said this back in February about him. So far he is proving me right. Ill support any player who wears that charger uniform whether I like them or not. Imo he doesn't deserve to wear the charger uniform. But if or when he does sign and he officially becomes a charger then and only then will he have my support. Maybe next time do your homework when drafting someone Tom Telesco.

Comment

Working...
                          X