• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    I would trade down...twice. We need a lot of bodies. Stockpile, stockpile.
    I wouldnt. Not if there is a real impact player. Von Miller was the 2nd pick in the draft. Trade down twice and pass on a player like him is stupid imo.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

I think Bosa is going to be a great player, but he is more of a complete guy, then a dominating speed/edge rusher. He might be closer to a JJ Watt type of guy, but is definitely not a von Miller or Justin Houston type flying off the edge. He is not a super quick twitch guy who flies upfield off the snap, and doesn't have the elite speed to fly past OT. If we are going to draft Bosa, we would need to use him like the Texans use Watt, like a 43 LDE, putting him on the edge and giving him a leverage advantage. But we can line him up on a tight 5 technique and ask him to take on blockers or he ends up being just a good (not great) player.

Tunsil is a very technically sound player, but I just don't think he has the mental toughness or the super competitive drive to be an elite player. He would definitely upgrade our OL, but I don't see him being another elite LT. More of a Marcus McNeil guy. Good player who could have been great and just never made the next step up. I think we can do better with the 3rd pick. With the 3rd pick, we need to end up with a better player.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I think Bosa is going to be a great player, but he is more of a complete guy, then a dominating speed/edge rusher. He might be closer to a JJ Watt type of guy, but is definitely not a von Miller or Justin Houston type flying off the edge. He is not a super quick twitch guy who flies upfield off the snap, and doesn't have the elite speed to fly past OT. If we are going to draft Bosa, we would need to use him like the Texans use Watt, like a 43 LDE, putting him on the edge and giving him a leverage advantage. But we can line him up on a tight 5 technique and ask him to take on blockers or he ends up being just a good (not great) player.

Tunsil is a very technically sound player, but I just don't think he has the mental toughness or the super competitive drive to be an elite player. He would definitely upgrade our OL, but I don't see him being another elite LT. More of a Marcus McNeil guy. Good player who could have been great and just never made the next step up. I think we can do better with the 3rd pick. With the 3rd pick, we need to end up with a better player.
        Ill take a McNeilll type without the spinal stenosis. Clearly McNeill regressed because of it. He was good his first two seasons.

Comment

• chris9341
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Ok sorry Bosa. It's not the defensive end where the chargers are having problems it is there interior defense where teams just ran the ball down our throats this season. Not to mention weak linebacker play especially from butler. The nice thing is we got to see some very promising players this year for the bolts especially Kyle Emanuel and Denzel Perryman.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
            Ok sorry Bosa. It's not the defensive end where the chargers are having problems it is there interior defense where teams just ran the ball down our throats this season. Not to mention weak linebacker play especially from butler. The nice thing is we got to see some very promising players this year for the bolts especially Kyle Emanuel and Denzel Perryman.
            yeah I want being disparaging about the misspelling .... Just agreeing that Bosa is overrated,,,,,I like our linebacker squad, hopefully Butler is gone
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• chris9341
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Not only that but he's a punk. I want players on this team who doesn't come across like they are great. Hell we are seeing it with Johnny Manziel the media treated him like he was a God at Texas A&M and now his career is in jeopardy. I blame the media for that. Maybe if you didn't act like he was a sure hof'er fans wouldn't have this expectation from him. The same thing is going to happen to Bosa.

Comment

• Classic
                Hall Of Fame
                • Dec 2014
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                I may be in the middle minority here, hell I'm probably the only one but I do not want Basa. Imo I think he is way overrated. Not saying he won't be good but he's not a top 10 pick imo. Sometimes players like Basa and Clowney are drafted because they have so much hype coming out of college but when they get to the NFL they can't do anything. But if there is a chance the chargers do select Basa then I will support Basa just as I have with any other charger player whether I like them or not.
                Hype? You may not believe he is our pick #3 overall, but he certainly isn't all hype. He has great hands and can really get after the QB. Is perfect? Certainly not but he definitely merits consideration.

What is being overplayed is the thought that he is to light for 3-4 DE and will be bad OLB.

Comment

• CTrout
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  I would trade down...twice. We need a lot of bodies. Stockpile, stockpile.
                  We have bodies....what we need is playmakers.
                  This draft class really isn't exciting me much, I'd go with quality over quantity this year.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Would DEN trade Von Miller for 3 bodies? Give me quality over quantity.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

1 BPA
                      2 BPA
                      3 BPA
                      4 DO NOT TRADE
                      BPA
                      5 TRADED*
                      6a BPA
                      6b BPA
                      7 BPA

* Gawd Dammit!
                      Last edited by Mister Hoarse; 02-08-2016, 02:34 PM.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

You're painting a bleak picture, Steve. Who would be such a player at #3? Cross our fingers and hope for Bosa? Ramsey, maybe?

Comment

• bonehead
                          Undrafted
                          • Jul 2013
                          • TBD
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          You're painting a bleak picture, Steve. Who would be such a player at #3? Cross our fingers and hope for Bosa? Ramsey, maybe?
                          I guess Bosa could be there at 3...... I really believe we have to get BPA even if it's a WR or CB
                          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                          X