2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Slipperiness is by design.
    Teams always look for trends and try to be ahead of the game.
    Disguises, hybrid players etc.
    Modern football is actually ancient.

What's got me flummoxed sonora, is TE. Kellen Moore knows he must have solid play at this position. Apparently, he thinks he can develop McKitty.
    I'm sure Matlock the soul crusher won't mind playing some O as blocking TE or Tackle eligible in RedZone. Kellen Moore already has those plays drawn up.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

What's got me flummoxed sonora, is TE. Kellen Moore knows he must have solid play at this position. Apparently, he thinks he can develop McKitty.
      I'm curious also. DT Matlock played some TE, caught a couple TDs at Boise. He's a big tough dude. Good speed for 6-4, 308. Pretty sure he can block. Moore may think outside the box some and they share a Boise connection.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'm curious also. DT Matlock played some TE, caught a couple TDs at Boise. He's a big tough dude. Good speed for 6-4, 308. Pretty sure he can block. Moore may think outside the box some and they share a Boise connection.
        That's a really interesting thing to contemplate. Although I have t say that the Chargers have among the fewest 'gadget' plays of any team in the NFL in the last 30 years. Hard to imagine that they're flipping a switch, and thinking about using Matlock on offense as well as defense, although I'd love to see it.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'm sure Matlock the soul crusher won't mind playing some O as blocking TE or Tackle eligible in RedZone. Kellen Moore already has those plays drawn up.
          As in the post above, I'd love to see this. Trying to keep my expectations in check, though.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Maybe he can be our short yardage back as well. May lock the fridge v2.0

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

So far, we know Horvath can line up in the backfield and block on Moore's plays.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I think we can count on Moore being more innovative than Lombardi. It'll be fun!
                What the hell was that?
                I dunno but we got 20 yds and a 1st.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He can and has played both OT positions at Clemson.
                  As far as I know, those are the only positions.
                  What he has done in practice is less compelling

I've read that he has not performed well at OT against elite competition.
                  That's the NFL every week.

Its up in the air if he can be at least a decent NFL interior offensive lineman.
                  That's why you don't just draft one on day 3 and consider the position filled.
                  The Pats didn't.
                  They didnt draft him to play OT. They know he doesnt have the measurables that make an NFL OT successful. But he has the feet quickness, strength, size to play inside and that was their plan when he was drafted as an OG. The question will be can he also play center, I’m sure they will work to find out in TC.

Almost all 5th round picks are “up in the air”. He looks like a decent bet, but he’ll be a project to convert to NFL grade interior OL. Nobody doubts that, I’d hope.

They had 3 picks on day 1 and 2, which one don’t you want so you can draft a backup G/C?
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

So far, we know Horvath can line up in the backfield and block on Moore's plays.
                    Moore offense put up multiple 40 and 50 burgers with Dak last year.

Chargers had a single 40 burger last season.
                    I would bet we see a minimum three 40 burgers and one 50 burger this season with Moore calling plays with JH10 as his QB and the weapons Chargers have.

The Dallas TEs were all JAGs. I'm sure Moore will find a way to get production out of the Chargers TE group.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Moore offense put up multiple 40 and 50 burgers with Dak last year.

Chargers had a single 40 burger last season.
                      I would bet we see a minimum three 40 burgers and one 50 burger this season with Moore calling plays with JH10 as his QB and the weapons Chargers have.

The Dallas TEs were all JAGs. I'm sure Moore will find a way to get production out of the Chargers TE group.
                      IMHO all the TEs involved on both teams are not the same in talent level and skill set. That is where our problem exists. I expect a UFA not named Richard Rodgers.

Everett, Parham and McKitty...no good all around TEs there. So much for marrying the run and the pass.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

IMHO all the TEs involved on both teams are not the same in talent level and skill set. That is where our problem exists. I expect a UFA not named Richard Rodgers.

Everett, Parham and McKitty...no good all around TEs there. So much for marrying the run and the pass.
                        I think you will be pleasantly surprised at times. And then sometimes dumfounded. But at the end of the day it will be a better offense that scores more points.

JH10 has to be the best player on the field come playoff time.
                        And Bosa can't melt down like a baby without it's binky.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Maybe the Bolts sign a vet FA...who's still unsigned out there?

Comment

Working...
                          X