• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

There's only so much that rookies can contribute. Rd1 and Rd2 you would like to see them on the field often.

I'm thinking Oline in Rd1 for the 3rd year in a row would be very good move.

..thinking veteran players addition is better for WR and RB upgrades.Veteran should know how to be a pro in this league.
    I would love to see them add D.Pettis who can also return kicks and another 2 speedy players to the team WRs. And two speedy backs. Rookies make rookie mistakes.

D.Pettis-WR/PR. 4.3 speed. (Replaces Carter at PR/KR)
    M.Hardman-WR 4.3 speed. J.Hill-RB. 4.4 speed to spell Ekeler.

are you eyeing an Olineman round one beyond Skoronski/Fashanu, if neither of them are still on the board ??

and not sure 'bout Justice Hill, but Pettis seems affordable, and.... Mecole Hardman is projected to be an 8 figure contract ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

are you eyeing an Olineman round one beyond Skoronski/Fashanu, if neither of them are still on the board ??

and not sure 'bout Justice Hill, but Pettis seems affordable, and.... Mecole Hardman is projected to be an 8 figure contract ??
      I think the OL class is pretty deep group. I wouldn't mind them using both the 1st and 2nd rd picks on OL.

A few of these senior bowl OL prospects should be worth a mid to late 1st or mid to late 2nd.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

I think the OL class is pretty deep group. I wouldn't mind them using both the 1st and 2nd rd picks on OL.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-dr...lege-football-

A few of these senior bowl OL prospects should be worth a mid to late 1st or mid to late 2nd.
        looked over the list, and.... don't see a tackle there.... do you ??

OG O'Cyrus Torrence has always looked formidable, albeit not sure am looking for an OG this go 'round ??

and like DE Tyree Wilson some, as think he'd be a pretty smooth transition from Khalil....

also am a fan of TE Dalton Kincaid, and interesting story 'bout another TE they mention in his blurb....

https://news.yahoo.com/memphis-footballs-caden-prieskorn-went-020459207.html

am curious who you might be thinking about/considering, as outside of Skoronski, the only other OT that has my attention atm is Connor Galvin.

who you got ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Bergeron
          He looks like a plug and play starting OL to me.
          He has experience both at LT and RT. He is grading as mid rd 2 pick. But for me there's very little difference between pick 20 and 50. So I don't see it as a reach if he gets draft as high as mid rd 1.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Bergeron
            He looks like a plug and play starting OL to me.
            He has experience both at LT and RT. He is grading as mid rd 2 pick. But for me there's very little difference between pick 20 and 50. So I don't see it as a reach if he gets draft as high as mid rd 1.

he's a mauler, and.... just as well he's available round two, as likely you have traded away your first rounder long ago....
            Last edited by beachcomber; 11-01-2022, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Oh, oh... Cody Mauch making people's list all of a sudden...

Comment

• DarOv
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2022
                • Send PM

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-dr...lege-football-here

Let me ask you, what do you think about Vorhees?
                Last edited by DarOv; 11-11-2022, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DarOv View Post

Let me ask you, what do you think about Vorhees?
                  I would draft him and let him compete for starting LG.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

after today's game, am even more convinced that we need RB & LB.... recall when Ryan Mathews was healthy that our run game averaged 'bout a yard more per carry than when he didn't play, and.... ditto for Denzel, as seem to recall that when he played, the opposition's YPC was close to a yard less per carry.

and have no sympathy for the WR contingent as they got their wish w/signing MW, and so.... how in the world do you get away w/asking for another wideout after you've got $40m+ invested in your top two wideouts, not to mention third round capital in your WR3, and two very capable WR 4/5s ?? !! and not only has it been declared a need, but our primary need and worthy of (another) first rounder.... don't get it.

and that said, would never be against it, if said was player was a slam dunk, bona fide Charger to be, and hands down the bpa for us, and.... mighta been one of those guys last go 'round, but sure don't see one of those this go 'round.... 'specially if we keep winning and pick in the bottom half of the stanza.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      after today's game, am even more convinced that we need RB & LB.... recall when Ryan Mathews was healthy that our run game averaged 'bout a yard more per carry than when he didn't play, and.... ditto for Denzel, as seem to recall that when he played, the opposition's YPC was close to a yard less per carry.

and have no sympathy for the WR contingent as they got their wish w/signing MW, and so.... how in the world do you get away w/asking for another wideout after you've got $40m+ invested in your top two wideouts, not to mention third round capital in your WR3, and two very capable WR 4/5s ?? !! and not only has it been declared a need, but our primary need and worthy of (another) first rounder.... don't get it.

and that said, would never be against it, if said was player was a slam dunk, bona fide Charger to be, and hands down the bpa for us, and.... mighta been one of those guys last go 'round, but sure don't see one of those this go 'round.... 'specially if we keep winning and pick in the bottom half of the stanza.
                      I agree about RB. No good depth.
                      Would also point out at WR how Diggs has helped Allen, Tyreek has helped Tua, Jefferson has helped Cousins. How Rogers misses Adams. How Burrow needs Chase to make any super bowl run.

K.Allen is getting older and he won't get faster. Williams has to make too many contested catches and hits the ground hard a lot on those jump balls. That is not a recipe to have great WR play for 17 game season and postseason games in 2023.
                      I hope the front office and Staley recognize this and make some moves at WR to add a lot speed.

Add at least 2 of these speedy WR next off season
                      D.Slayton
                      DJ.Chark
                      M.Hardman
                      P.Campbell

And replace Carter with D.Pettis WR/PR

if Chargers are drafting 21st or below in rd 1.
                      The Michigan RB Corum or TCU RB Miller should be on their board. They won't be available mid rd 2. They will be gone before the Chargers pick again. So they should consider using the 1st rd pick on one of them. I dont like using 1st on RB, but really it's just top 20 picks that is a no go for RB. After that 21-40 which is where those 2 RBs likely get drafted is marginal.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

gonna double post this here....

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                        What will Callahan cost next year? OTC has him valued @$11.5 million/year.
                        Considering that the Chargers are in Nickel/Dime formation 80% of the time, I'd say they are just as thin @CB as they are @EDGE.
                        JCJ under-performed, then got hurt. ASJ has played well... but Callahan has been our best CB this year.
                        Vato counts $9.4 million against our cap next year... and is a $7.4 million savings if cut. I'm not so sure about his inconsistency... and I have the feeling that Staley might move on.

Between the $9 million it might take to re-sign Callahan... and $7.4 million savings from Vato... that's a number of quality depth players you could get in FA.
                        $16.5 million could buy you...
                        https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...l/linebacker//
                        Tracking the status and signings of all 2023 NFL free agents.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age.../quarterback//
                        is it too late to resign Denze! :shifty:imp:​:tongue:​:biggrin:​:thumbsup:

not sure if the either of Reeder nor Tranq are returning, and.... would be nice to figure out a way to bring in Roquan ?? (....I'd offer him $10m/yr)

and re: Callahan, think I'd offer him $6m/yr, and offer Vato a restructure @$3m/yr.... if the none of 'em work out, so be it, and we move on from there.

also will be surprised to see Parham back, albeit don't see anyone there that makes me want to throw money @'em, and even tho eye liked the some of 'em in the draft when they came out.

@QB like the both of Stidham and Minshew.... would offer them the same as the CBs.... $3m/yr for Jarrett, and double that for Gardner.

team Tommy John needs to channel some of their inner AJ and not overpay for peoples so readily, and.... if they don't like the bottom line, then let them pare their wares elsewhere.

CB * JC Jack, Asante, Deane Leonard + Callahan + Vato + Kemon Hall ???
                        S * Derwin, JT Woods, Alohi, Ja'Sir Taylor + Mark Webb ??

guys eye think they're bringing back for '023 * Van Noy@$3m/yr, Callahan@$6m/yr, Covington@$1.5m/yr, Fox@$1.5m, Deandre Carter@$2m/yr, JK Scott@$1.5m, Guyton@$1m/yr, Pips@$6m/yr, Fehoko@$1m/yr

ps. would offer to restructure Feiler @$3m/yr

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Their agents will always negotiate as much as they can. Some of them may not be so happy about their clients playing on the shitty So-Fi turf... I suspect you're low-balling many of these players.

Roquan is valued @$17 mil/year per OTC. They place him between Fred Warner $$$ and Zack Cunningham $$$...
                          Time to find FA value player... or invest in the draft... or both.

Along with the big signings this last off-season came hard financial decisions for the year's end.
                          I suspect TT/Staley's mind was made up already on Vato and Adderly... CB#4 designation for Vato and the drafting of JT Woods.

I like to use 1st round picks on QB's, OT's and DE's. We've got those positions covered next year (barring injury).
                          Next of importance IMO is WR's and CB's. KA and MW are a nice 1-2 punch (again, barring injury).
                          Which leaves us with the reality of our best coverage CB (Callahan) leaving via FA. OTC has his value @$11.6 million... and that's where my draft attention goes.
                          Luckily for us, draft position, PON, and BPA line up well for us this year...

Comment

Working...
                          X