Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

show me who you got
    Just easier to point you to a qualified mock. There might be movement on draft day so it's hard to say but either a team can move up or down based on their needs.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

LaDanian Tomlinson was one of the Chargers best picks ever. Depends on the player and team need. We need an RB1
      Agree, i wouldnt draft Gibbs in the first but Bijan, absolutely.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Gibbs will be there. I'd pass... there will be better talent there @#21. Gibbs will be part of a RBBC. He'll go late 1st or early 2nd round.
        We have no idea in regards to Spiller. He got injured during TC and never got to see the field. Will he be as good as Bijan/Gibbs...? No.
        Will he need to be...? No. As long as we have a good OL, we'll be fine running the ball. We'll throw the ball to set up the run... it's how we're built.
        Absolutely agree with that.

Look at where fast, shifty, slight rbs have gone in the recent past.
        C.J. Spiller and McCaffrey where the only ones chosen before pick #21:
        and McCaffrey was 200 +

It's so instructive looking at recent historic precedents in guessing draft slots.
        I'm sure GMs do a lot of that.

Someone here went through the # of LTs & RTs chosen before the Chargers 2nd round draft pick over the last 5 - 10 years,
        and this person accurately guessed that the Seattle RT would probably be available for the Chargers in the 2nd.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Doesn't matter what you want it's what other teams need and want. We just added another team that might need a RB ...Bengals. Last year teams had the luxury to wait to the top of second round to get backs. This year there might be more demand including the chargers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Doesn't matter what you want it's what other teams need and want. We just added another team that might need a RB ...Bengals. Last year teams had the luxury to wait to the top of second round to get backs. This year there might be more demand including the chargers.
            Agree on that. Bengals pick 28th, and sure they can trade up but Mixon was a 2nd round pick and their two others are 6th round picks. Not sure first round is where they like to draft RBs. Maybe they draft Charbonett round 2? Maybe they sign a cheap vet as time goes on.

Its anybodys guess.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Yeah sure.....

Screenshot_20230407-173336.png
              Screenshot_20230407-173403.png
              Attached Files

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Telesco Swan Song 2023 Mock Draft

21. Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame 6' 4 1/2" 249

Get Herbert his go to his receiving/blocking TE in Kellen Moore's new Charger offense. Five years locked in, out on McKitty, Parham & Everett next couple years.

54. Isaiah Foskey, DE, Notre Dame 6' 5" 264

Edge with length, very good tackler, can set the edge, raw pass rush skills to develop but terrific athleticism with 34' arm length and 10" hands.

85. Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina 6' 1" 180

CB deep class like TE but see Chargers getting a steal @ boundary with CJ Jackson unknown and Michael Davis in contract year.

125. Johnathan Mingo, WR, Mississippi 6' 2" 220

Speed/size ratio Chargers like, sprinkle in deep ball situations, excellent depth in case of injuries for Mike and Keenan

156. Marte Mapu, S/LB, Sacramento State 6' 2 1/2" 217

See him as Safety used in blitz packages and special teams. Could develop in time into starter role, excellent depth.

200. SirVocea Dennis, LB, Pittsburgh 6' 1/2" 226

Smaller sized, great instincts, tested well for height has long arms, 32" 7/8" and huge hands 10 5/8". Both these picks add speed and mental toughness that's been lacking.

239. McClendon Curtis, RT/RG, Tennessee-Chattanooga, 6' 6" 324

Surrell needs more competition. Chargers have scouted Curtis and may take him round earlier if other prospects they like off the board. Really strengthens offensive line inside out.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I agree. I sat in the rain @the Murph with other Chargers fans the day LT and Brees were drafted.
                  I was ecstatic! The NFL is a different game now. Bijan < LT.
                  I was at my wife’s son’s wedding listening on the radio when I could. A great day all around. And the Chargers wasted all that promise. More importantly, the marriage is going strong and gave us a granddaughter.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Or... that team had a bigger need than RB, and could address that need with someone available at the same draft spot. And maybe you'd rather invest in an O-lineman who might serve the team for 10+ years, instead of a RB who's probably not there for longer than FOUR years.
                    Exactly! And we could easily fit that mold of "bigger need than RB"...

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You want follow 20 other teams’ plan? Losing philosophy.
                      Nope. I want to build a better TEAM. The best TEAMs in the NFL don't have star RB's... they have better overall TEAMS though.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree - the only RB I am taking at 21 is Bijan

In fact, I still am of the mindset that its Bijan or potential trade back - knowing full well it takes two to tango. So if nto Bijan and no trade back that makes sense , just go to your board and find the highest ranked person left - especially if like top 15 talent.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agree - the only RB I am taking at 21 is Bijan

In fact, I still am of the mindset that its Bijan or potential trade back - knowing full well it takes two to tango. So if nto Bijan and no trade back that makes sense , just go to your board and find the highest ranked person left - especially if like top 15 talent.
                          The only way we trade back is if we get to draft rape someone. More likely we get draft raped moving up for Bijan. I like multiple backs in this draft and I'm thinking outside the box. One player is not the solution to our problems.

Comment

Working...
                          X