• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think Washington would be a wasted pick for us. He is a OT who can catch a ball.

Moore didnt have that guy in Dallas. He had Shultz who was a big part of his scheme and those types are Kincaid, Musgrave, Mayer, Latu, LaPorta, Whyle.

I think Whyle can be a steal if he is around in round 5 and later. I had him in my mock at 241 but i think he will go higher than that.
    Thats why I picked Washington because he is basically another o lineman who can catch the ball.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Another decent mock today.
      Screenshot_20230204-141522_Editor Lite.jpg

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Thats why I picked Washington because he is basically another o lineman who can catch the ball.
        Idk if Washington is a legitimate 2nd round talent, but if he can make contested catches, run/pass block and be a dangerous red zone target, all at a high level then he has to offer the most value over anyone.
        If he can continue to "dominate" at run blocking, thats about 40% of the plays.
        Short yardage plays, play action, etc.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Cookin' with Crisco Hommie.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Florida fan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Looks like a lot of analysis also have us getting RB, TE and/Or WR. I’m definitely on board with more Offense in first Two rounds. Will be interesting to see if FO sees what seems so obvious to everyone in the Press.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

This Tyjae Spears kid out of Tulane looks to be a steal if he is there in the 6th. He could climb though through the process. I know it’s another RB but he’s averaged 6.8 YPC throughout college and is a really good receiver out of the backfield. Rountree needs to go bye bye. With Ek and Kelly expected to hit free agency next year, might need another back to stash for a year. I do hope they go after AJ Dillion in free agency next year.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post
                Looks like a lot of analysis also have us getting RB, TE and/Or WR. I’m definitely on board with more Offense in first Two rounds. Will be interesting to see if FO sees what seems so obvious to everyone in the Press.
                TT & Brandon Staley's philosophy on the draft with the first round pick is pretty obvious, they usually draft a prospect where we need a starter with the first pick! So they probably go TE or CB with the first pick and plug that person in as our starter. RB is on the table because we need a workhorse RB, which means we could give Ekeler a smaller role, for the red zone and as a 3rd down back which could make him more effective!

Have to believe it could also be an OT if Pip isn't resigned. If a top speed WR falls to our pick they could go that direction due to the injury bug always hitting our WR corp. ????

Comment

• madcaplafs
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                  If I am Tolesco I am trying to get Bosa off the books and going for a late 1st. In this scenario, I am trying to send him to Seattle for their 20th pick. So with that being said, here’s what it looks like in my head.

This is also based on resigning Pip and Tranquil and signing Edge Yannik Ngakoue and WR Phillip Dorsett(Cheap and Speedy). Not bad for a 4th or 5th WR.

This is my first go at it this year so I’m sure it will change over the next few months. There are plenty of ways to get under the cap and make room to resign and sign players.

1st- TE Michael Mayer- Everett and Mayer would make a mean 1-2 punch at TE

1st- Edge Isaiah Foskey- Would come in and compete immediately for edge

2nd- C/G Luke Wypler- Linsley’s replacement

3rd- LB Daiyan Henley- compete with Murray and be his replacement

4th- WR Rakim Jarrett- Would benefit a lot learning for Allen and MW for at least a year. And has low 4.4 speed.

5th- DB Darius Rush- Can never have enough DBs

6th- DT Dante Stills- More depth since AJ will be a free agent after this season.

7th- WR Tre Tucker- Had a tough week at the senior bowl. But Tucker has great speed, quickness and return experience. Low 4.3 speed maybe even high 4.2 speed.

Double Notre Dame in the 1st round - Someone in the organization will like this : )

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                    This Tyjae Spears kid out of Tulane looks to be a steal if he is there in the 6th. He could climb though through the process. I know it’s another RB but he’s averaged 6.8 YPC throughout college and is a really good receiver out of the backfield. Rountree needs to go bye bye. With Ek and Kelly expected to hit free agency next year, might need another back to stash for a year. I do hope they go after AJ Dillion in free agency next year.
                    I did a little reading on him after the Senior Bowl press he got. 5-10 204 is a nice package to have coming through the tackles but they had him ranked low 3rd, high 4th. Can we do that again with another RB???

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

TT & Brandon Staley's philosophy on the draft with the first round pick is pretty obvious, they usually draft a prospect where we need a starter with the first pick! So they probably go TE or CB with the first pick and plug that person in as our starter. RB is on the table because we need a workhorse RB, which means we could give Ekeler a smaller role, for the red zone and as a 3rd down back which could make him more effective!

Have to believe it could also be an OT if Pip isn't resigned. If a top speed WR falls to our pick they could go that direction due to the injury bug always hitting our WR corp. ????
                      We don't need a starting QB. Chargers FAs not re-signed, cap cuts or trades will open some holes.
                      Edge, OL, CB are most likely top picks available when we're on the clock. 21 Could be any non QB right now.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Michael Mayer is a top player to target. Bijan Robinson is a top player to target. Jordan Addison is a top player to target. These are all guys who were impact players in college football at their position.

Tajee Sharpe no way you’re getting him in the 6th round. I would love to get him. The kid has so much ability. He’s a stud. After that USC tape teams will definitely be on him. 3rd round talent.

we’ve drafted interior lineman last couple of drafts Zion Johnson Rashaun Slater. I think we are fine at the line positions and can get another one in the later rounds. This isn’t a draft where you have a clear Tristan Wirfs staring at you.

This is a skill position draft. And just put on the tape. When Addison didn’t play it was an impact for USC. He was big in UCLA Notre Dame games.

also people will see Zach Charbonett doesn’t have breakaway speed. But he’s a star.

They just gotta get it right. When you look at Kelce and Mahomes. You gotta get your Quarterback a security blanket and Michael Mayer is that.

with reports of Kennan Allen being a cap casualty I can see the team drafting a wide receiver also.

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                          Michael Mayer is a top player to target. Bijan Robinson is a top player to target. Jordan Addison is a top player to target. These are all guys who were impact players in college football at their position.

Tajee Sharpe no way you’re getting him in the 6th round. I would love to get him. The kid has so much ability. He’s a stud. After that USC tape teams will definitely be on him. 3rd round talent.

we’ve drafted interior lineman last couple of drafts Zion Johnson Rashaun Slater. I think we are fine at the line positions and can get another one in the later rounds. This isn’t a draft where you have a clear Tristan Wirfs staring at you.

This is a skill position draft. And just put on the tape. When Addison didn’t play it was an impact for USC. He was big in UCLA Notre Dame games.

also people will see Zach Charbonett doesn’t have breakaway speed. But he’s a star.

They just gotta get it right. When you look at Kelce and Mahomes. You gotta get your Quarterback a security blanket and Michael Mayer is that.

with reports of Kennan Allen being a cap casualty I can see the team drafting a wide receiver also.
                          C.D. Lamb 40 time is 4.5! Zach Charbonett ran 4.41 could make sense to scoop him upI believe Jordan Addison got his speed in the 4.39 range! Tho Addison will probably go top 12 also Mayer will probably go top 15, RB Robinson probably top 20! If either of these guys is there you run to the stand to get your pick in... An OT in the first round could make sense if the right guy is there? If you look at what happened last season didn't we have a journeyman at OT late in the season at one point?

Comment

Working...
                          X