Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Mock of the day

8D7F5DEA-A7F1-40FF-A87F-2C37D99E7707.jpg
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

I got my top 2, then a bunch of idunno. my LB plays bumper pool, which I hope is not the clattering failure to wrap up inverse of launchwhiffy
      ​​​
      Bijan Robinson
      RB Texas

Jalin Hyatt
      WR Tennessee

Byron Young
      DT Alabama

Alex Forsyth
      OC Oregon
      ​​​​​
      Isaiah McGuire
      EDGE Missouri

Zack Kuntz
      TE Old Dominion
      ​​​​​​​
      Jake Haener
      QB Fresno State
      ​​​​​​​
      Bumper Pool
      LB Arkansas
      ​​​​​​​
      T.J. Bass
      OT Oregon

Last edited by dmac_bolt; 02-04-2023, 09:05 AM.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Still waiting for PFF to give us back our round 6, like the Bears did.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          I think Washington would be a wasted pick for us. He is a OT who can catch a ball.

Moore didnt have that guy in Dallas. He had Shultz who was a big part of his scheme and those types are Kincaid, Musgrave, Mayer, Latu, LaPorta, Whyle.

I think Whyle can be a steal if he is around in round 5 and later. I had him in my mock at 241 but i think he will go higher than that.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

IF Bijan Robinson RB from Texas is on the board, this is who you select, and you get the speed WR in the 2nd or 3rd round! IF Addison is on the board you really consider taking him with your first. IF the top TE Mayer is on the board and Addison and Robinson is gone you pick him! IF all these players are gone you get the top DE or CB on the board!​

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Senior bowl will interject 5 or 6 1st rounders not considered beforehand. Always some risers and fallers. Chargers don’t have a lot of draft capital. Telesco needs to get off his butt and be more active moving up & down the board in order to maximize talent and address needs. Or maybe he’s still in timeout for trading up for Murray? If so, we just need to move on.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                IF Bijan Robinson RB from Texas is on the board, this is who you select, and you get the speed WR in the 2nd or 3rd round! IF Addison is on the board you really consider taking him with your first. IF the top TE Mayer is on the board and Addison and Robinson is gone you pick him! IF all these players are gone you get the top DE or CB on the board!​
                Too much good sense. Props.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

BPA at all those positions imo. If it a CB, take him, if its Bijan, take him. If it's an Edge, take him.
                  Not sure it's going to be Addison as BPA. There are WRs I like better.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

If I am Tolesco I am trying to get Bosa off the books and going for a late 1st. In this scenario, I am trying to send him to Seattle for their 20th pick. So with that being said, here’s what it looks like in my head.

This is also based on resigning Pip and Tranquil and signing Edge Yannik Ngakoue and WR Phillip Dorsett(Cheap and Speedy). Not bad for a 4th or 5th WR.

This is my first go at it this year so I’m sure it will change over the next few months. There are plenty of ways to get under the cap and make room to resign and sign players.

1st- TE Michael Mayer- Everett and Mayer would make a mean 1-2 punch at TE

1st- Edge Isaiah Foskey- Would come in and compete immediately for edge

2nd- C/G Luke Wypler- Linsley’s replacement

3rd- LB Daiyan Henley- compete with Murray and be his replacement

4th- WR Rakim Jarrett- Would benefit a lot learning for Allen and MW for at least a year. And has low 4.4 speed.

5th- DB Darius Rush- Can never have enough DBs

6th- DT Dante Stills- More depth since AJ will be a free agent after this season.

7th- WR Tre Tucker- Had a tough week at the senior bowl. But Tucker has great speed, quickness and return experience. Low 4.3 speed maybe even high 4.2 speed.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I like your choices but I'd have to see the board when we're on the clock. There are some others I like. OL if Pip is allowed to leave. Tranquill gone? LB. Maybe a top DL.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Bijan Robinson at 21 is a tempting trade up target for many teams. I seriously consider trading down if the offer was right, a late 1 and a late 2.

And if he's the last player in the Bolt's cluster, I could see the Bolts drafting him. He does provide value at 21. Not my first preference though.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Too much good sense. Props.
                          Co-sign. I think Bijan would be the single greatest impact to the overall team success, if he’s there. Need that speed at WR still, so go there next unless one of those top TEs happen to drop. I am suspicious of Washington at the next level … he reportedly runs a 4.8 which will not run away from LBs or Safeties at the pro level. He’s huge and the best blocking TE of that top group, he’s a legit 6th OL in base formation that would be beastly in a power rush design (which I think is what Moore mostly runs?) and perhaps as a consequence, play action pass downfield. If they took him, I’d expect that is the scheme vision. But will he be an elite pass weapon himself? And do we get the downfield weapon elsewhere to capitalize on PA hesitance by defenders?

We already have a good TE - does he upgrade from Everett? Idunno. He’d sure upgrade Mckitten who does see the field alot. I haven’t seen any of his agility drill tests yet but what little tape I watched of him looked pretty straight line and below avg burst or change of direction (which I’d expect for a guy 280).

Kuntz from OD is an interesting Day 3 flier that fell to me in I think R5 - I’ve seen 40 times of 4.57 and 4.65, he’s played between 250s and 260s. 6’8” with 40” vert, there’s a compelling red zone target. Very athletic. Didn’t work out at Penn St, he followed his OC coach to Old Dominion and put up monster numbers in 2021 (73 rec). he was hurt in Oct ‘22 and missed the rest of 2022 season for “undisclosed” injury - I believe he had surgery. Be up to the medical staff to evaluate that situation
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X