• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    Just saw a mock where we made the trade with the Vikings and landed Bowers @ 11 & Brian Thomas Jr. @ 23! If this happens I think that could possibly be a perfect scenario for us and Herbert!
    There will be a feisty, feisty crowd here that evening if Hortiz selects two playmakers on day 1.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
      A little pre-draft QB drama. Apparently, Daniels is upset with the Commanders because they brought all 4 QBs in at the same time for their team visit. He then went on to say he wanted to play for either the Vikings or Raiders. The draft is going to be very interesting.
      Apparently, Daniel's agent is the diva:

The Commanders, who have the second overall pick of the 2024 NFL Draft and are expected by everyone to select a quarterback, hosted four of the top quarterback prospects in the draft on the same day. Apparently, Daniels didn't like that much. Or at least his agent didn't.

Ron Butler of Agency 1 Sports, who represents Daniels, liked two social media posts criticizing the Commanders for the unusual approach,
      according to Commanders Wire. Then on ESPN's "Get Up" on Friday, reporter Adam Schefter echoed the sentiment that Butler seemed displeased and added that Daniels thought it would be just him meeting the team. Maybe that's a reason the betting odds for Drake Maye going No. 2 got a lot shorter on Thursday night.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The Commanders, who have the second overall pick of the 2024 NFL Draft and are expected by everyone to select a quarterback, hosted four of the top quarterback prospects in the draft on the same day. Apparently, Daniels didn't like that much. Or at least his agent didn't.

Ron Butler of Agency 1 Sports, who represents Daniels, liked two social media posts criticizing the Commanders for the unusual approach,
        according to Commanders Wire. Then on ESPN's "Get Up" on Friday, reporter Adam Schefter echoed the sentiment that Butler seemed displeased and added that Daniels thought it would be just him meeting the team. Maybe that's a reason the betting odds for Drake Maye going No. 2 got a lot shorter on Thursday night.
        Covering up, maybe
        BB on The MaAfee show said it isn't unusual to bring in a group of guys. They were discussing a team that brought in 20 at once. BB said they never brought in THAT many before.
        But can't say it was all QBs. I don't recall
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-20-2024, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

There will be a feisty, feisty crowd here that evening if Hortiz selects two playmakers on day 1.
          U mean like one of the elite wideouts or Bowers AND one of the top RB's? That WOULD be interesting...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ThatSinkingFeeling View Post
            Am I the only one getting somewhat uneasy they are going to fuck this up, of sorts? I have no knowledge of these players but I’d hate to see them take someone ranked much lower than their picks, regardless of trading down.

I really hope I’m wrong though.
            I think u are still suffering the lingering effects of Telescoitis: "Symptoms may include dizziness after hearing the draft pick announced, followed by nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. If symptoms persist, call your doctor and start rooting for another team."

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Could go Bowers at 11, Brian Thomas at 23, Kris Jenkins at 37, Junior Colson or Mike Sainristil at 69 to make up for it!

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Commanders seem to like McCarthy. Fasten your seat belt.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Too much hype on us getting #11, 23 from the Vikings. It's not happening unless the Vikings throw in more picks.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                    Too much hype on us getting #11, 23 from the Vikings. It's not happening unless the Vikings throw in more picks.
                    1000% correct.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
                      A little pre-draft QB drama. Apparently, Daniels is upset with the Commanders because they brought all 4 QBs in at the same time for their team visit. He then went on to say he wanted to play for either the Vikings or Raiders. The draft is going to be very interesting.
                      The Pats did this for years. Supposedly the team talked to the agent and everything is smoothed over.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Commanders seem to like McCarthy. Fasten your seat belt.
                        I'm still not 100% sold that some team will move up for him.

If he's taken at #2, it will be electric here.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Like I've said many times before, I'll be happy whoever they pick. I trust Joe and Jim.

Comment

Working...
                          X