First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    Hakuna matata, amigos. If you’re noticing the value of TEs - notice the EXTREME value of Brock Bowers. he is better than any TE anyone salivated over last year.

Not saying Nabers isn’t an enticing target, or Alt is not a solid anchor. They are fine picks and no disrespect. But I don’t project Nabers to be the best WR in the league and I don’t project Alt to be the best OT in the league. Bowers can be that guy at TE. He is faster than 95% of current starting TEs, he runs WR speed at 4.5. He blocks much better than the few that TEs that can run with him like Kincaid, brings a toughness and tenacity, has great hands, superior YAC, great zone defense gap understanding, complete route tree, I could go on all day with this kid/man.

As to the college vs pros argument - that applies to every draft pick, I’m not skilled enough to parse that out. I go with the info I have. If I can’t have him - I’d choose Nabers over Alt just for the explosion factor. I think OL can be solved but we are sorely lacking elite playmakers - jmho, ymmv. I don’t think he lasts to pick 8, every team knows what he’s bringing to the table imo.
    I have said it before so it must be true but when you watch the film on Bowers he is the BEST player on the FIELD. Every game. Every snap. The Chargers need more Alphas! More dudes that can take the ball and move it forward every time. We missed with Kincaid last season, we can't let this one slip past us again!
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

I have said it before so it must be true but when you watch the film on Bowers he is the BEST player on the FIELD. Every game. Every snap. The Chargers need more Alphas! More dudes that can take the ball and move it forward every time. We missed with Kincaid last season, we can't let this one slip past us again!
      Preach!
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

Yes drafting Bowers is more than getting a good TE. It is part of the much needed culture change. He is a baller!

Definately a Harbaugh kind of player.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Yes drafting Bowers is more than getting a good TE. It is part of the much needed culture change. He is a baller!

Definately a Harbaugh kind of player.
          After that, Trade Bosa to Pittsburgh for Darnell Washington and a seventh. Pittsburgh doesn't use the guy at all and the city would love the name Bosa for a splash. Think about your 2 tight end blocking sets with that on the field.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

After that, Trade Bosa to Pittsburgh for Darnell Washington and a seventh. Pittsburgh doesn't use the guy at all and the city would love the name Bosa for a splash. Think about your 2 tight end blocking sets with that on the field.
            Washington is 3rd string there. Cant believe some wanted us to draft him in the first round last year.

I said earlier we should trade Bosa to Carolina for a 4th or 5th and Tommy Tremble. Good blocker and much more athletic than Washington.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Washington is 3rd string there. Cant believe some wanted us to draft him in the first round last year.

I said earlier we should trade Bosa to Carolina for a 4th or 5th and Tommy Tremble. Good blocker and much more athletic than Washington.
              He wouldn't be the first guy to be misused in an offense. He proved he can catch at Georgia and he is an O lineman on blocking schemes. I would take him for Bosa in a heartbeat and the 6th I got was sweet too.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Wow...had my head all wrapped around HC topic...totally missed RB Henderson returning to the Buckeyes...not a good RB class for a team that needs a RB room overhaul...

Not a Corum fan for lead back...Benson, Allen, and Estime are the only guys moving the needle for me...so far...
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  Wow...had my head all wrapped around HC topic...totally missed RB Henderson returning to the Buckeyes...not a good RB class for a team that needs a RB room overhaul...

Not a Corum fan for lead back...Benson, Allen, and Estime are the only guys moving the needle for me...so far...
                  I am going hard at late rounders, LB.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Preach brother!
                    LB's and DB's shoul populate the 6th and 7th round.
                    Fast and athletic- depth on D and ST fixtures.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      Hakuna matata, amigos. If you’re noticing the value of TEs - notice the EXTREME value of Brock Bowers. he is better than any TE anyone salivated over last year.

Not saying Nabers isn’t an enticing target, or Alt is not a solid anchor. They are fine picks and no disrespect. But I don’t project Nabers to be the best WR in the league and I don’t project Alt to be the best OT in the league. Bowers can be that guy at TE. He is faster than 95% of current starting TEs, he runs WR speed at 4.5. He blocks much better than the few that TEs that can run with him like Kincaid, brings a toughness and tenacity, has great hands, superior YAC, great zone defense gap understanding, complete route tree, I could go on all day with this kid/man.

As to the college vs pros argument - that applies to every draft pick, I’m not skilled enough to parse that out. I go with the info I have. If I can’t have him - I’d choose Nabers over Alt just for the explosion factor. I think OL can be solved but we are sorely lacking elite playmakers - jmho, ymmv. I don’t think he lasts to pick 8, every team knows what he’s bringing to the table imo.
                      Initially was 100% for Bowers and still think he’s an enormous upgrade for the offense but more importantly is hiring Harbaugh where I’ll trust whatever he thinks is our most pressing need. No second guessing that for me.

If Spanos fails to hire Harbaugh than it doesn’t matter who they draft. It’s over for me. I’ll adopt another team like the Rams and ownership that wants to win versus cling to a cheap family business.

A lot easier to root for a brain trust that drafted Nacua versus QJ.

But if they don’t hire Harbaugh? Feel free to stay a fan of the Spanos team. I’m certain the beatings will continue until morale improves.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The Chargers need to become one of those teams that get two (if not three) players, each draft, out of rounds 4-7 who are Alohi Gilman quality.

In recent years-- perhaps decades-- the Chargers have harvested one late round gem approximately every three years. You can't build any kind of quality depth that way.

Historically, the 49ers are one of the teams that's done an excellent job in this department. Late round draft acumen is one of the things that the *next* GM needs to bring with him. Can I get an *amen*?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Initially was 100% for Bowers and still think he’s an enormous upgrade for the offense but more importantly is hiring Harbaugh where I’ll trust whatever he thinks is our most pressing need. No second guessing that for me.

If Spanos fails to hire Harbaugh than it doesn’t matter who they draft. It’s over for me. I’ll adopt another team like the Rams and ownership that wants to win versus cling to a cheap family business.

A lot easier to root for a brain trust that drafted Nacua versus QJ.

But if they don’t hire Harbaugh? Feel free to stay a fan of the Spanos team. I’m certain the beatings will continue until morale improves.
                          So... you're threatening 'fan suicide'. <shrug>

Not sure why you have the need to advertise it. Do it, or don't. Plenty of fans jumped ship when the team left San Diego. Your dilemma is nothing new.

Comment

Working...
                          X