• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

He wouldn't be the first guy to be misused in an offense. He proved he can catch at Georgia and he is an O lineman on blocking schemes. I would take him for Bosa in a heartbeat and the 6th I got was sweet too.
    He hardly touched the ball at Georgia. Not sure he proved anything. He's a big guy, but skill wise is very much up in the air. Which is why he is a 3rd stringer.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

So... you're threatening 'fan suicide'. <shrug>

Not sure why you have the need to advertise it. Do it, or don't. Plenty of fans jumped ship when the team left San Diego. Your dilemma is nothing new.
      Wow…. Why is that a problem for you?

Never cared for you or your forum tyranny at SDUT where anything but slobbering over ownership and their draft picks was forbidden.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Wow…. Why is that a problem for you?

Never cared for you or your forum tyranny at SDUT where anything but slobbering over ownership and their draft picks was forbidden.
        I'm certain you were severely abused over at SDUT. And sure, slobbering was forbidden. <rolleyes> Yadda yadda. You are speaking like a not well person. Hope it gets better for you.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

You are speaking like a not well person. Hope it gets better for you.
          You’re the one that felt the need to make this personal by attacking me first. I made a post about ownership. Leave the immature personal crap at the door.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
            Man there is some HIGH LEVEL TE play in these playoffs.

we need a star tight end.
            Jake Ferguson went off.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

We need Brock Bowers.

im listening to Tony Romo talk about how the bills got it right drafting Dalton Kincaid. How he’s a superstar and he’s gonna be really good in this league.

How we could’ve drafted him. We definitely need to draft Brock Bowers.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

You’re the one that felt the need to make this personal by attacking me first. I made a post about ownership. Leave the immature personal crap at the door.
                Please point out the 'personal attack' you're accusing me of making first. You're making things up.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Cade Otten had a nice night, too.

A lot of it has to do with their usage.
                  There were 3 TE's that played last night that went in the 4th rounds.
                  Cade Otton, Jake Ferguson, and Dalton Shultz. They were hardly used in college... but are having very productive NFL careers.
                  Even Sam LaPorta nearly doubled his college production as an NFL rookie.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Initially was 100% for Bowers and still think he’s an enormous upgrade for the offense but more importantly is hiring Harbaugh where I’ll trust whatever he thinks is our most pressing need. No second guessing that for me.

If Spanos fails to hire Harbaugh than it doesn’t matter who they draft. It’s over for me. I’ll adopt another team like the Rams and ownership that wants to win versus cling to a cheap family business.

A lot easier to root for a brain trust that drafted Nacua versus QJ.

But if they don’t hire Harbaugh? Feel free to stay a fan of the Spanos team. I’m certain the beatings will continue until morale improves.
                    I’ll trust in Harbaugh as well if he thinks a different piece will help the team more.

The Rams can eat a bag of dicks. Carpetbagging bitches. I’ve lived thru 50 yrs of Bolts, I’ll die a Bolthead.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I'm certain you were severely abused over at SDUT. And sure, slobbering was forbidden. <rolleyes> Yadda yadda. You are speaking like a not well person. Hope it gets better for you.
                      Lol. You always laughed when I made jokes about those I thought to be problem posters, but you suspended me when I made a joke about you. You were a problem poster too.

Tsk tsk … Petty Tyrant, i see you
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                        Cade Otten had a nice night, too.

A lot of it has to do with their usage.
                        There were 3 TE's that played last night that went in the 4th rounds.
                        Cade Otton, Jake Ferguson, and Dalton Shultz. They were hardly used in college... but are having very productive NFL careers.
                        Even Sam LaPorta nearly doubled his college production as an NFL rookie.
                        Otten is meh.
                        Ferguson I like.
                        LaPorta is a good one.

We don't want meh, we have meh,. we want a weapon at TE.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-16-2024, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Often is meh.
                          Ferguson I like.
                          LaPorta is a good one.

We don't want meh, we have meh,. we want a weapon at TE.
                          We want a better team. The weapon@TE might not even get used much with Keenan on the same field.
                          Justin Herbert had his best year statistically with Lombardi @OC and Jared Cook @TE. Of course, that was also the year we could run the ball.

We can moan and complain all we want that we drafted QJ instead of Sam LaPorta last year. But we got QJ. He's on the team.
                          Who is to say that he won't develop...? Maybe they'll start using him correctly. Maybe he'll start hitting the Juggs machine...
                          He'll never develop sitting on the bench (or as a 4th option)... that for sure.

I liked Jake Ferguson and Dalton Shultz... I feel that there are some 4th-round sleepers in this draft @TE.
                          I just see CB, DE, and OT as much bigger needs.
                          How long must we endure bad defense? How long must we endure bad run/pass blocking?

While everyone is searching for unicorns... I'm simply trying to make the team better overall.
                          I put Bowers in my top-10. But I find 5 or 6 others that make this team better overall.

TJ Hockenson was drafted @#8. He never even made it to the 4th year of his contract before being traded. Statistically he's better than almost every other TE in the NFL (95 receptions this year). Yet, the team that traded him away (Lions) are in the playoffs... and the team he was dealt to (Vikings) are not.

Build a team. Ignore the hype.

Comment

Working...
                          X