• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icebolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2023
    • Send PM

We all have our "ONE" we really like and wished the Chargers would draft him. But, we all disagree on who that would be. IF Chargers do not trade down we are left with #5 and only one chance to pick an elite player. Let not argue on who that would be .
    Let trade everything we got ( except Herbie ) that way we can draft Bowers, Nabers, Alt, Fuaga and Arnold. Would that make everyone happy?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
      We all have our "ONE" we really like and wished the Chargers would draft him. But, we all disagree on who that would be. IF Chargers do not trade down we are left with #5 and only one chance to pick an elite player. Let not argue on who that would be .
      Let trade everything we got ( except Herbie ) that way we can draft Bowers, Nabers, Alt, Fuaga and Arnold. Would that make everyone happy?
      Trading down for a boatload of picks...including #11, #23 and one or two more...

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Next thing u know, we will be applying Southern California surfer lingo to draft picks:

"Whoa, dude, that guy is like, narly sick...I'd be like, totally stoked if we picked him..."
        Sweeeeeet🤙

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Sweeeeeet🤙
          Okay, Windsor, how about you give us your best British take on draft picks? (I'm sure it includes "jolly good" and "bloke" right?)

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Okay, Windsor, how about you give us your best British take on draft picks? (I'm sure it includes "jolly good" and "bloke" right?)
            Well, one would not possibly assume to know much of anything about these American footballers. Game for poofs really.....all that padding and such......now rugby, there's a real sport!

How'd I do????🤣

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

To name one, Daniel Jeremiah has Odunze his #3 prospect and Nabers his #4. Id say it pretty much a preference type thing. I think Odunze does everything well and Nabers doesn't do everything as well. Odunze a much faster Keenan, a smaller MW.

Nabers is more a little slower Tyreek..and saying slower is weird considering he ran a 4.35. perhaps a little bigger Flowers with his YAC. Idk maybe someone else has a better comparison.
              Jeremiah was one of two guys. The rest have Nabers over Odunze.

And you may have got it backwards. Nabers can play outside or in the slot. He is more effective in the slot. Odunze only fits on the outside. What I would say is
              that they are very different players. Odunze is the bigger guy, can make the contested catch with a bigger catch radius. Nabers is much more elusive and
              is going to get open quicker. By all accounts Odunze is a very hard worker and bodes well in the NFL. Nabers appears to be more of a diva. If there is an
              area where Odunze has an advantage character would be the one. Otherwise Nabers is the better talent.

The question of who is going to have more success in the NFL is a very different and difficult question to answer. My guess is all things being equal
              (which they won't be) Nabers would have the advantage UNLESS he gets a leg injury. Nabers relies on his athletic ability and quickness which is
              elite. A injury could really change all that. Of course a serious injury could also happen to Odunze, so those are huge unknowns.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

^ Actually, this is correct. Fuaga NEVER DID attend classes at UCLA...
                (And that's because he DID attend classes at Oregon State...)
                In fairness to the big man, it is a long walk to UCLA classes from his dorm. still - we're looking to see some level of commitment here.

I'm starting to get the heebie jeebies about Latham though . flukerflashbacks ... can we get him to take that Trump cognitive test. what was it again ... chair, lamp, pizza, pencil, and ... uh ... chai latte? damnit, i think i just failed.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Well, one would not possibly assume to know much of anything about these American footballers. Game for poofs really.....all that padding and such......now rugby, there's a real sport!

How'd I do????🤣
                  Definitely hoping to trade back to collect more picks.
                  The thing I want to see most is Justin allowed the time to pick apart every defense we play. Kid has ALL the tools to be an all time great. Just hasn't had the time. Super star talent at WR or TE is irrelevant. Give him time in the pocket and he'll throw guys open!

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

How'd I do????🤣
                    LOL...not bad, old boy. Okay, I'll take a stab at it, from what I've heard:

"I say, old boy, I really do like that chap from Notre Dame, oh dear me, what's his name? Estime, that's the bloke...he does execute some real cracker runs at times, but the way he drops the ball at times is a real howler!"

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

A burrito with fries in it is officially a 'California burrito'. It's a thing. My daughter likes them.

I don't eat peanut butter with bananas, but if I did, I wouldn't expect it to taste bad. Better than pineapple on pizza, certainly.

But mayo on fries?!? <urk...SPLAT!> Clean up on Aisle 5!
                      My son likes them too ... its wrong how we have failed our youth.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

In fairness to the big man, it is a long walk to UCLA classes from his dorm. still - we're looking to see some level of commitment here.

I'm starting to get the heebie jeebies about Latham though . flukerflashbacks ... can we get him to take that Trump cognitive test. what was it again ... chair, lamp, pizza, pencil, and ... uh ... chai latte? damnit, i think i just failed.
                        Agree on the Fluker comparison.
                        Once bitten, twice shy!
                        Now if Latham is there R2, then alright but not R1.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

LOL...not bad, old boy. Okay, I'll take a stab at it, from what I've heard:

"I say, old boy, I really do like that chap from Notre Dame, oh dear me, what's his name? Estime, that's the bloke...he does execute some real cracker runs at times, but the way he drops the ball at times is a real howler!"
                          I think you're about 50 years late on that one..🤣

Old boy has been replaced with bloke,....or geezer...
                          Any other hip, modern lingo I'm too old for( or so my children tell me 🙄)

But I like Estime as well🤙

Comment

Working...
                          X