• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

[The Chargers also need a tackle, but Bowers looks like the perfect Jim Harbaugh prospect — a player who never has to leave the field and can have an impact on all areas of the offense... This roster is going to be getting younger, and Bowers would be a terrific foundational piece in a Harbaugh offense.]

Thats why I think Bowers is worth a top 10-11 pick…
    He plays a shit load on offense. And he’s elite as a weapon.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Anyone know if there's any truth to Malik Nabers being the nephew of Herbert's former BFF Gabe Nabers?
      If so does this connection effect our ability to assess Malik?
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

it's time for the draft to get here........some of the mocks are just getting stupid. PFF just posted a 2 round mock by some guy named Monson. What made me just laugh is his big "shocker" has the Vikes draft Maye in the first round and then Penix in round 2. 2 QB's would be a shocker for sure and only get Kwesi fired in about 9 months IMHO.

Oh and he has us grabbing Alt and then Fiske. Simple and sound from our standpoint.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Anyone know if there's any truth to Malik Nabers being the nephew of Herbert's former BFF Gabe Nabers?
          If so does this connection effect our ability to assess Malik?
          nothing affects our ability to assess any player, that includes all players past present or future.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2024
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

10. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

In an ideal world, considering a tight end in the top 10 might sound absurd inside an NFL building. Fans are often for it, but normally the value isn’t there for NFL decision-makers. It’s just the nature of the position. “The greatest tight end is still a tight end,” some say, with limited impact on a game, and to use a first-round pick on one isn’t always great value.

But if these two boxes can be checked, it’s worth considering: (1) Can he get open on his own without having to be schemed open? (2) Can he, at the same time, be an asset to the running game?

Bowers can do both, and his selection this high would be anything but absurd. He is a productive option on third downs from a matchup standpoint and in the red zone versus man and zone coverage. He has a great feel for spatial awareness and finding soft spots (Travis Kelce might be the best at this ever) and for that reason can act as a third WR and chain-mover for any offense.

In summary, I might be oversimplifying it a bit, but drafting big and fast guys is never a bad idea. And as I’ve pointed out, they are the most expensive traits to acquire in free agency, so drafting without having to pay a financial premium is
            Thanks for the read.
            I found this very interested. The Question #1 and #2 are very fair discussion topics that the answers show up in the film.

But the bolded and underlined part is what was the most fascinating to me. 3rd WR and chain mover?
            I keep reading how Brock is soooo much more than this description and could be a WR1. But even though he's a Blue-Chip TE, the writer says he's a 3rd WR ceiling essentially (and he's not wrong here). Therefore, he's not worth the Value of the #5th pick.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Arizona might be worse - but the list is short

Chargers need to improve the WR room. But also understand, the team is a work in progress and can go in so many ways in terms of upgrading the roster
              Truer words have not been spoken this off-season.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Correction we are bad at WR plus we don't have depth there either.

QJ Unproven rookie who did not live up to his draft position
                Palmer a decent #2, but is often injured
                Davis, nothing to write home about as a WR. Excellent return guy. Can be used for trick plays.

Most NFL analysts believe we have the one of the worst situations at WR.
                I'm guessing here that you're not a paid NFL analyst.
                Neither are you

We have top10 QB in a league and I believe in our players.

Palmer can develop, QJ deserves another year.

Are we one player away? No we are not, WR at 5 is a luxury that changes nothing.
                Do we need to add to WR room yes we do, that being said when we pick Bowers we have our no1 weapon and we need
                to add for depth in WR room this year, then next year that is a different story...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

I just want everyone to know that once re-elected, Dmac will have the Chargers open complimentary piping hot sausage roll carts every 4th aisle in the pink tailgate parking lot. Thats right - fresh hot free sausage rolls for all attendees. and not some shit chicken beak and pig lip franks, I mean real mid-west choice style pork and beef sausage

Sausage Rolls Lunch GIF by Brabant in Beelden

Its Plank 7 of my 10-point Deliver Magnificence at Chargers (DMAC) events plan. See this and other great DMAC ideas at our website and thank you for donating generously and often to my campaign.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Neither are you

We have top10 QB in a league and I believe in our players.

Palmer can develop, QJ deserves another year.

Are we one player away? No we are not, WR at 5 is a luxury that changes nothing.
                    Do we need to add to WR room yes we do, that being said when we pick Bowers we have our no1 weapon and we need
                    to add for depth in WR room this year, then next year that is a different story...
                    I am counting on both Q and JP to play well. 2 WRs is not enough for modern football, even assuming neither gets hurt all year. we need a TE1 and a WR1, which they take first, which later, ... ? beats me

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

any thoughts on Luke McCaffrey?

Those bloodlines I talk about...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                        any thoughts on Luke McCaffrey?

Those bloodlines I talk about...
                        I like McConkey

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I think this breakdown shows why Odunze is my second WR after MHJ. Hoping he falls to 11 if we trade with the Vikings.

Comment

Working...
                          X