• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperChargedRodney37
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2024
    • Send PM

Anybody catch the Joe Hortiz press conference?

I don't see 11 and 23 getting it done. It's going to take a 2025 1st.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

I saw most of it. He did say it was going to take a VERY good haul or something like that. Yes, it is going to take something pretty good to get it done thats for sure. Might not be a 2025 FRP but it gets tricky as MN doesn't' have a 2025 2RP as they traded it to Houston

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2024
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I saw most of it. He did say it was going to take a VERY good haul or something like that. Yes, it is going to take something pretty good to get it done thats for sure. Might not be a 2025 FRP but it gets tricky as MN doesn't' have a 2025 2RP as they traded it to Houston
          What surprised me the most is the belief that 4 QB's will go with the first four picks. I would actually pay to see this because of what I heard regarding their board. I wonder who would win out over those 15 minutes. Joe Hortiz made it very clear that HE is picking the groceries.
          I still don't see the 4 QB's going unless the Giants swap with Arizona so they can still get a Top 2 guy. For the Chargers from what I hear it won't matter.

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            If Harrison is gone by 5…..

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2024
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

If Harrison is gone by 5…..
              Not just Harrison. There is one other as well. Just One though.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

What surprised me the most is the belief that 4 QB's will go with the first four picks. I would actually pay to see this because of what I heard regarding their board. I wonder who would win out over those 15 minutes. Joe Hortiz made it very clear that HE is picking the groceries.
                I still don't see the 4 QB's going unless the Giants swap with Arizona so they can still get a Top 2 guy. For the Chargers from what I hear it won't matter.
                If Arizona stays put and takes MH2 it will matter. That's the scenario where we get the most bang for the buck. If Arizona trades down it means 4 QBs
                will be taken with the first four picks. In that case do we take MH2 or trade down? We still will get good value for trading down, but not the same kind if it's a QB.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  I think Bowers will go to the Jets at 10 - meaning that is his floor
                  Have thought this for a couple weeks

Though they might need OT - I just think with A-A-Ron - they want to maximize his weapons and with Wilson, Williams and Hall, getting a TE like Bowers woudl bring the buzz the team would prefer over OT

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2024
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

If Arizona stays put and takes MH2 it will matter. That's the scenario where we get the most bang for the buck. If Arizona trades down it means 4 QBs
                    will be taken with the first four picks. In that case do we take MH2 or trade down? We still will get good value for trading down, but not the same kind if it's a QB.
                    No sir. I hate to sound like a broken record on this but the teams ratings for WR1 are not simply MHJ or bust.
                    I keep reading about these scenarios and warning people that there's another Receiver and asking the question for people to ponder. Is it possible they have a very high grade on Nabers?
                    In fact, would your hypothesis change if they actually had the SAME exact grade on MHJ and Nabers? I'm just asking........

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2024
                      • Send PM

This is not just a MHJ or Bust Receiver board for the Chargers.

Flowers is the fastest of the group, with breakaway speed comparable to former Ravens wide receiver Marquise Brown. Perhaps the biggest concern with Flowers is his 5-foot-9 stature, but Hortiz said Flowers has the versatility to play both outside and in the slot.

"Zay, he plays inside and out for B.C., and you see the same ability coming up to this level," Hortiz said. "He's strong, even though he's not big, and certainly, he can fly. He can put pressure on a defense quickly. And he's got outstanding hands and [trackability], so he plays bigger than his size overall, I'd say."

Scouting Reports below on the other one in this draft.

He can take the top off the defense. He was consistent in 2022, showing elite separation skills and the ability to high-point receptions. He also was balanced, catching 35 passes when lined up in the slot and 37 when lined up out wide. That versatility will matter at the next level.​

Very good burst and explosiveness.
                      — Great acceleration and long speed. True deep threat.
                      — Very good YAC threat. High-end athlete with natural vision.
                      — Quick, flexible route-runner. Can sink and burst out of route breaks with ease.
                      — Good ball-tracking skills. Can track the ball down the field as well as outside his frame.
                      • Sports a compact long-strider frame with good mass and proportional length.
                      • Sentient powder keg with supercharged explosiveness, suddenness, and lateral twitch.
                      • Uses his twitch and foot speed to offset DBs with foot fire, split, and diamond releases.
                      • Transition between micro-movements and instant explosion creates DB instability.
                      • Nuanced vertical threat with thrashing speed, throttle control, and stem intelligence.
                      • Shows glimpses of inhuman decelerative and retractive sink capacity on comebacks.
                      • Has the zone awareness and flexibility to bend around DBs and exploit blind spots.
                      • Has stellar body control in tight situations and can use late hands to control leverage.
                      • Can snare passes away from his frame with diamond technique and reset for RAC.
                      • Has the hand strength and authoritative grip to secure passes even through contact.
                      • Has exceptional contact balance and an unnaturally strong center of gravity for his size.
                      • Sifts through congestion like a sieve with explosive agility, oily hips, and leg churn.
                      • Plays with zealous physicality both as a RAC threat and as a combatant at route stems.
                      • Has great scramble IQ, creating second-wave separation and working back to the ball.
                      • Active, combative run blocker with great leverage IQ, urgency, and adaptability.
                      ​
                      ​I'm not trying to alter opinions or campaign for a pick here.
                      I'm just showing you some very "interesting" comparable between what Joe Hortiz said about the Baltimore pick of Zay Flowers and what "Traits" he liked versus the receiver in this draft that people are writing off as if he's not worthy of the 5th pick.
                      I will ask if it's possible that the Chargers feel this player fits them better than (Dare I say His name?).
                      I'm just saying that it would behoove people to not just think it's MHJ or bust @ #5. That's all.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Like I been saying, three firsts.

Comment

• eaterfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

This is not just a MHJ or Bust Receiver board for the Chargers.

I'm not trying to alter opinions or campaign for a pick here.
                          I'm just showing you some very "interesting" comparable between what Joe Hortiz said about the Baltimore pick of Zay Flowers and what "Traits" he liked versus the receiver in this draft that people are writing off as if he's not worthy of the 5th pick.
                          I will ask if it's possible that the Chargers feel this player fits them better than (Dare I say His name?).
                          I'm just saying that it would behoove people to not just think it's MHJ or bust @ #5. That's all.
                          Flowers is far from the only WR drafted in the first round by the Ravens, though. Bateman is a very different receiver, as was Brown. I think Flowers has worked out the best, but Baltimore has liked a wide variety of traits in its WR picks.

Comment

Working...
                          X