• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

To channel my good friend and artist Topcat … they met with him to confirm he’s, ahem, legit?
    Bravo, well done, there Mac! Yep, with a 4.39 40, no doubt about it...Legette is an ahem, legit deep threat:
    (Wow, if we draft this dude, we'll have all KINDS of pun fun for years!)

image.png

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      One day before the draft is when rumors can start to become a little more credible.
      Teams and their plans become more solid.
      How about this draft rumor:

"The Raiders were among the teams who checked in with the Commanders, hoping to move from No. 13 to No. 2 in their search for a possible answer at quarterback, Garafolo added."

Imagine what TT would give up to trade up from #13 to #2...wow, I'm guessing at least THREE first rounders, maybe FOUR second rounders, and of course, TT would need to throw in a couple of 4th rounders to sweeten the pot...

Link: https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-dr...sday-s-round-1

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
        The reason im so high on the top pass catchers in this draft are because my peronal comps are so vast. They are all super versatile and cover traits of many players all rolled into one. Man i would kill for the Cards to take Harrison and the Giants just move up one spot to 5 and we get 6/47. Thats probably my main desire. Even over 11/23. Then be in play for one of these guys. I know i keep beating the Bowers drum...but thats just because the next TE isnt close to being a lock starter to me. And the WR class is deep enough to get a great starter. But after the top 3 i do see the drop off. But we are talking All Pro types vs top 15 WRs in the league. All 3 WRs in this draft have the ability to become the next top 5 guy in the league.

Bowers - Kittle/Kelce/Deebo/Aiyuk/Juszczyk
        Nabers - Tyreek/Antonio Brown/DJ Moore
        Harrison - Randy Moss/Julio Jones/AJ Green
        Odunze - Justin Jefferson/Davante Adams/Keenan
        Exciting stuff, but i am preparing myself that we are taking Alt at 5. Sounding more like that.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Exciting stuff, but i am preparing myself that we are taking Alt at 5. Sounding more like that.
          I am good with OT being the pick - trusting in Hortiz

Truly - this offseason so far for me as been a solid A in terms of the vision and philosophy.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

If its Alt, I put him on leftside, and put Slater on the right...wont hurt his eventual payday...he has already been allpro on the left, and will get paid as such...by somebody else, if not us...so I dont think there will be hurt feelings/disgruntlement...I think he would handle the transition better than Alt...jmo
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

If you look at Chargers official site, the first pick will be on offense.
              At 5, you got MHJ, Joe Alt or Nabers
              At 11, you got JC Latham or T. Fuaga
              They all think Bowers will go 9 or 10.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                If its Alt, I put him on leftside, and put Slater on the right...wont hurt his eventual payday...he has already been allpro on the left, and will get paid as such...by somebody else, if not us...so I dont think there will be hurt feelings/disgruntlement...I think he would handle the transition better than Alt...jmo
                The pay scale between LT and RT is large. Moving Alt to LT when Slater has already been a success there is a bad move. Letting Slater
                go and putting Alt there in his place does not resolve the issue at RT and you may have just made LT worse. Very bad idea all round.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Just draft an OT mid rounds to replace Pip, done.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

The pay scale between LT and RT is large. Moving Alt to LT when Slater has already been a success there is a bad move. Letting Slater
                    go and putting Alt there in his place does not resolve the issue at RT and you may have just made LT worse. Very bad idea all round.
                    Maybe...guess that spitball didn't stick...but then don't draft Alt...he is wasted on the right...Latham and Fuaga would outperform him there.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Bravo, well done, there Mac! Yep, with a 4.39 40, no doubt about it...Legette is an ahem, legit deep threat:
                      (Wow, if we draft this dude, we'll have all KINDS of pun fun for years!)

image.png
                      I like Legette but it took him til his 5th college season for things to click. He may be a year 2-3 guy in the NFL and we still have QJ trying to click.
                      it's my only knock on him.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Maybe...guess that spitball didn't stick...but then don't draft Alt...he is wasted on the right...Latham and Fuaga would outperform him there.
                        My take is if we want to improve the RT position we can easily do it with a 2nd round pick. There are 11 or 12 really good OTs in this draft. 5 would
                        be first rounders, more if the deck wasn't stacked with QBs and WRs.

But at WR the drop off after the 3 is significant. None figure to be WR1. We already have WR2, 3 in QJ and Palmer. This is why I don't like
                        a WR in the 1st round unless it's one of the big 3's. We figure to add a vet WR at some point after the draft as well.

We also brought in two TEs. I like Bowers a lot, but I don't see it in the cards.

Looks like if we stick @5 the choices would be MH2, Nabers, Odunze, Alt or possibly Bowers. I like Alt, but like I said we can still upgrade
                        Pipkins and get one of the 3 best WRs in the draft. That's my opinion.

If we get #11 and #23 I'd go D with CB DL and maybe Edge. Of course Bowers if there @11. But we need a lot of help on D.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

My take is if we want to improve the RT position we can easily do it with a 2nd round pick. There are 11 or 12 really good OTs in this draft. 5 would
                          be first rounders, more if the deck wasn't stacked with QBs and WRs.

But at WR the drop off after the 3 is significant. None figure to be WR1. We already have WR2, 3 in QJ and Palmer. This is why I don't like
                          a WR in the 1st round unless it's one of the big 3's. We figure to add a vet WR at some point after the draft as well.

We also brought in two TEs. I like Bowers a lot, but I don't see it in the cards.

Looks like if we stick @5 the choices would be MH2, Nabers, Odunze, Alt or possibly Bowers. I like Alt, but like I said we can still upgrade
                          Pipkins and get one of the 3 best WRs in the draft. That's my opinion.

If we get #11 and #23 I'd go D with CB DL and maybe Edge. Of course Bowers if there @11. But we need a lot of help on D.
                          Yea...your take is wrong. Year one, any RT taken 2nd round or later is gonna ride the pine...and won't be helping us this year. You either take one at the top, or you have Pip and Salyer battle it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X