Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

- For me WR at 5 is a luxury
    - Fot you it is a need

yet I feel we both prefer to trade down.

Would do this in a Heartbeat
    Whether @5 or later WR is a need not a luxury. It just so happens that the BPA @5 will be WRs and OTs.
    So if we stay there one of those positions will be the pick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

except they resigned all of their top defensive players and released/traded all of their top offensive players. I agree they need to build a top defense, its what all the cool kids are doing. Not first 4 picks though - maybe 2.
      I think we all know we arent drafting a Edge at 5. Well , all except for one. 11 MAYBE, but doubt that as well....but for a team that needs a lot, edge isnt near the top. They may draft one but it wont be early. Hec i think just a better defensive playcaller and scheme makes our defense better. Staley was awful. Our defense was better after the Raiders game when he was fired...but yes we need to add DT and CB & LB to it.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
        the only way to change the culture and turn this team around is with a top 5-10 defense, invest on defense that's what I would do, use the first 3-4 picks on defensive players, Edge would be first and then take the BPA of the either CB, DT, or LB with the next 3 picks, THAT'S what it's going to take to turn this team around...

DEFENSE!
        All three team. Offense, defense and special teams.
        Minter's #1 Mich D was ridiculously good. Coaching and training make a huge difference.
        We got better on D when Minter joined Harbaugh in LA.
        The biggest need on D is CB. Take one by RD 4, another later.
        We have 3 very good- elite edge but two are old. Not a priority but a quality guy to develop, yes.
        DT day 3.
        LB looks pretty good. Safety, OK.

I want a #1 receiver, RT, RB on O.
        Elite QB pairs so nicely with elite receiver, I can't see denying LAC fans the thrills and Ws that will provide
        G-Ro & co will assure R / P balance, something the Chargers have missed for a long time..

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

The key to [Ravens, MacDonald, Minter] defense is versatility on the back side.
          Diante Lee

We should be looking hard at mid round Combo DBs !!

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Diante Lee

There is that one guy S/CB not sure which one is that.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Diante Lee

Does that make Dejean a target for you at #23 if they trade out of #5?
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Diante Lee

Popper mentioned S Josh Proctor. He can play SS-FS-NICKEL.

CB Max Melton projects as a true #1 CB who can play both man and zone. He has 4 blocked punts and is a ST monster as well.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Proctor could be a good get.... round six ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    Proctor could be a good get.... round six ??
                    Yeah. He’d be a rotational S, who can float all over and play the nickel.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Popper mentioned S Josh Proctor. He can play SS-FS-NICKEL.

CB Max Melton projects as a true #1 CB who can play both man and zone. He has 4 blocked punts and is a ST monster as well.
                      Agree, Popper likes Procter and Javon Bullard is another who can and has done that but he will be a higher pick.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2024
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        According to the Colin Cowherd show, the Cardinals are asking for three first round picks for #4. The Cards' rationale supposedly is the Trey Lance trade in 2021 - the 49ers moved up from #12 to #3 by giving Miami their #12 pick in 2021, their 2022 1st and 3rd rnd picks and their 2023 1st rounder. The Cowherd show says it would be insane to give up 3 1st rnd picks for the 4th highest rated QB in the draft (McCarthy).

If it's true the Cards are holding out for 3 1st round picks and the Vikings don't want to pay it, that leaves the Chargers to negotiate with. If the Vikes surrendered #11 and #23 in this draft for the Chargers' #5, what additional compensation would you ask from the Vikings? Minn does not have a 2nd or 3rd in this draft, their next pick after the first rnd is #108 in the 4th.

Would you take Minn's #11, #23 and #108 for #5? That would give the Chargers #105, #108 and #110 at the top of the 4th round, in addition to the #11 & #23 in the 1st.
                        Nope not enough. Chargers would ask for the 2025 1st as well. I always find it interesting when these trade scenarios are discussed and people say "You're getting 2 firsts". The reality from the team standpoint is your getting only 1 additional 1st. You are simply swapping the other pick. So, if the Chargers want 2 Firsts that means #23 and an additional 2025.

I keep trying to warn people to consider that the team might be much higher on Nabers than this board wants to believe. It's not just simply MHJ if he's there or trade out. It going to take ALOT to get them off of #5 because their guy is 99% going to be on the board at #5.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Does that make Dejean a target for you at #23 if they trade out of #5?
                          He was under consideration for me.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X