• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I understand that Brock Bowers is your guy. You've made probably at least a thousand posts stating so. That's fine.

Please tell me how you're qualified to state that Joe Alt won't be an All-Pro offensive tackle.
    is Alt the son of the previous Alt who was a pro bowl OL?

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Alt SR was a great player... not Munoz but pretty damn solid

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Though winslow Jr sucked

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

is Alt the son of the previous Alt who was a pro bowl OL?
          Yes.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Yes.
            ok, so the father was great, so I assume the son will be at least solid...

i aasume the chargers top 2 choices are Alt(to play RT) and Bowers, a generational TE who is great at every aspect at TE plus can play big power RB!.... he ran a sweep for a 75 yard TD in college!.... he isa a genwerational player at a position the Chargers have ignored and had NOBODY consistent since Gates!!!

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I am not convinced that Alt or Fashanu are really a Top 5 talent. There’s a long trail of OTs drafted way to high just because of positional value - just ask the Raiders. I think this is the year to focus on interior with less costly picks but hey - what do I konw. Trust In Jim, he will.

If Harbo takes Alt, I’ll know I’m wrong. Fashanu’s rep is that he is weak in run blocking - thats not Harbaugh’s guy imo if true. Again, … trust …

I could easily see a C and OG in Rds 3-5, Salyer compete with Pip at RT. He can be rid of Pip after this year if he doesn’t perform
              Agree.

Have concerns about Alt, but if Harbaugh like him, he had a good vantage point.

Draft Alt and center moves down in importance.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Agree.

Have concerns about Alt, but if Harbaugh like him, he had a good vantage point.

Draft Alt and center moves down in importance.
                Center is stil important.... he leads the OL... and blocks the quickest path to the QB!!!!

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

If Harbaugh wants Alt over a great TE because Alt is viewed as a perinial All Pro, but chooses RB's, TE;s, and CB's better tha t whgat we have, then I will be good..... lol
                  its about the team and the balance.... and chemisty!

Chargers have not had a great TE since Gates and Winslow, and those players transformed the offense, but....if Alt is an All pro..... then that obviously helps Herbert, the OL, the passing game and running game... for many years.... hard to argue with that even though Chargers woould also greatly benefit witrh a greaty dominating TE/FB like Bowers....
                  Last edited by Charge!; 01-29-2024, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

I keep seeing reports that Bowers might be safest pick in draft!..... and super important posaition for hrbaugh!

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

The 2013 draft is interesting for many reasons...

TE Tyler Eifert was being talked about as a generational TE. Daniel Jeremiah had him as his 10th best prospect overall. Eifert eventually went #21 to Cincinati. He had an up/down career with many injuries.

There was also TE Zach Ertz (Jim's old TE from Stanford). He was the 2nd TE to be drafted @#35. Even though Ertz never caught over 35 receptions in a season, he was considered quite a weapon as his YAC and ypc were very good.

Harbaugh was the coach at SF by now. He took DB Eric Reid @#18... with Eifert and Ertz on the board. The 49ers waited until the 2nd round to get their TE... Vance McDonald with the 55th pick of the draft. He never amounted to much.

The experts unanimously agreed that those 3 TE's were the best in the class that year...

8 picks later, Andy Reid and the Chiefs picked TE Travis Kelce @#63....

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

I understand that Brock Bowers is your guy. You've made probably at least a thousand posts stating so. That's fine.

Please tell me how you're qualified to state that Joe Alt won't be an All-Pro offensive tackle.
                        I just asked you did you think he was Orlando Pace.

simple you like Joe Alt.

I have no issue with a tackle. Brock Bowers is about as clean as a prospect. And I’m more than qualified to say and give my opinion on him being picked. I have experience in sports broadcasting.

You mention all this.

is Joe Alt

Jonathan Ogden?

is Joe Alt

Joe Thomas?

is Joe Alt Laremsy Tunsil????

these are elite superior left tackles.

Ronnie Stayley was elite from Notre Dame. Las Vegas I have a way higher grade on him than I do on Alt.

Tyron Smith from Moreno Valley USC was elite.

you wanna replace an All pro Left Tackle who’s done a tremendous job protecting our Franchise Quarterback so I don’t get it.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                          The 2013 draft is interesting for many reasons...

TE Tyler Eifert was being talked about as a generational TE. Daniel Jeremiah had him as his 10th best prospect overall. Eifert eventually went #21 to Cincinati. He had an up/down career with many injuries.

There was also TE Zach Ertz (Jim's old TE from Stanford). He was the 2nd TE to be drafted @#35. Even though Ertz never caught over 35 receptions in a season, he was considered quite a weapon as his YAC and ypc were very good.

Harbaugh was the coach at SF by now. He took DB Eric Reid @#18... with Eifert and Ertz on the board. The 49ers waited until the 2nd round to get their TE... Vance McDonald with the 55th pick of the draft. He never amounted to much.

The experts unanimously agreed that those 3 TE's were the best in the class that year...

8 picks later, Andy Reid and the Chiefs picked TE Travis Kelce @#63....
                          A couple things:
                          1). Ertz and Eifert were never that good as blockers. For those trying to make comparisons with Bowers, he is a much better blocker than either of them.

2). The issue was always that Harbaugh and Baalke was that they didn't get along, so I am not sure how much of it was Baalke was taking his guys and not really letting Harbaugh make the picks.

3). Kelce was highly regarded as a player, but had a LOT of red flags. He had broken a lot of school rules and his weed use was troubling to teams. He also was a blocking TE for all but his senior year, so he only had 1 year of production. KC ended up taking him because Reid knew Kelce and his family after having drafted Jason in Philly.

Comment

Working...
                          X