• Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

We have spent 2 of our last 3 first round picks on the o line
    And we spent first-round picks on Mike Williams and Quentin Johnston. Does that mean we never do it again?

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

We have spent 2 of our last 3 first round picks on the o line
      We should spend the next 3 1st Rd picks on OL too.
      Then Herbert not only can win Chargers first Superbowl. But they could go undefeated and kill those old Dolphins who pop champagne.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Slater doesn't get to have a say. They draft the LT. Put Slater at RT and go win games. They then take the 5th year option and then work on a long term deal to keep him at RT. I don't he will say, no I don't want to win games with Harbaugh and Herbert. I'm going to pout because I'm paying right side again like in college and I'm not getting franchise left tackle money. You offering me a great deal for a RT. Screw you Chargers, trade me. He doesn't seem like that type of player at all. He will buy in and do his job well. That what I think he will do if asked to do it. And if not then trade him for a weapon. LoL
        I hope you're right, because it would be an excellent situation if Alt or Fashanu turns out to be an All-Pro left tackle for us and Slater continues to play at an elite level on the right side. I'm not sure his agent likes your idea, though. LOL.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

I see that neither team is doing jack squat if they don't have their franchise QB healthy. And adding weapons will not keep the QB healthy.

You think adding weapons will magically keep Herbert protected and off IR. LOL.

Most important 49er on offense is K.Williams the LT.
          Ask Kyle Shanahan.
          Bowers will help protect Herbert more than any WR in the draft. Bowers is a no brainer. Generational.

Mel Kiper has Bowers as 4th in top 20. Nabers at 12.

Yes, we need to draft a WR as well but more likely to find those in later rounds than a blue chip TE who can block,catch, and leads everyone in YAC.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

We should spend the next 3 1st Rd picks on OL too.
            Then Herbert not only can win Chargers first Superbowl. But they could go undefeated and kill those old Dolphins who pop champagne.
            LOL

You know that in addition to being a dynamic playmaker that would be Herbert's best friend, Bowers is a fantastic blocker who would help the run game and protection right? 😊

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Bowers will help protect Herbert more than any WR in the draft. Bowers is a no brainer. Generational.

Yes, we need to draft a WR as well but more likely to find those in later rounds than a blue chip TE who can block,catch, and leads everyone in YAC.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

You said Rivers 2.0 and Rivers never missed a game...LOL Pocket presence and scheme cover for average lines. Funny how Drew Bledsoe took a million sacks and then Brady shows up and wins. Great pocket presence makes lines look better and avoids injury. Herbert has that! What he doesn't have is someone to take the ball to the house.
                LOL. Those Patriots won with defense special teams and game manager work by Brady in those early years. Brady got injured in post season and Bledsoe went in in relief and won the game. So Brady didn't avoid getting hurt. Brady also missed a whole season on IR during his career.

And you have to know Rivers played on busted ACL, so he didn't avoid the injury. He just played through it. Tough as nails competitor.

You are acting like if Rivers didn't have a better OL and time to throw he couldn't have won the league MVP and probably a Superbowl. He never had the line of scrimmage play or special teams play that Brady had. But he had weapons like Gates and Tomlinson. Didn't matter. Got to have it drive and the team is in Rivers lap and he has to play hero ball. You don't Win games asking the QB to play hero ball and toss it to those great weapons you gave him as he gets beat up all day.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
                  Registered Dude
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Westminster, MA
                  • Send PM

LOL. Those Patriots won with defense special teams and game manager work by Brady in those early years. Brady got injured in post season and Bledsoe went in in relief and won the game. So Brady didn't avoid getting hurt. Brady also missed a whole season on IR during his career.

And you have to know Rivers played on busted ACL, so he didn't avoid the injury. He just played through it. Tough as nails competitor.

You are acting like if Rivers didn't have a better OL and time to throw he couldn't have won the league MVP and probably a Superbowl. He never had the line of scrimmage play or special teams play that Brady had. But he had weapons like Gates and Tomlinson. Didn't matter. Got to have it drive and the team is in Rivers lap and he has to play hero ball. You don't Win games asking the QB to play hero ball and toss it to those great weapons you gave him as he gets beat up all day.
                  I mean, Bolts win the SB in '06 if we didn't Marlon McCree and Drayton Florence that game up.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Another thing to look at is depth of the draft. Lets just say Nabers and Bowers are really close in a grading system. Like one is 4.85 out of 5 and the other is either 4.83 or 4.87. But the depth of the 2nd and 3rd round at one position is better than the other. If there is more WR depth and the fall off isn't as great at WR than TE - thats another reason to pick Bowers.

I agree. Bowers is generational

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Okay. But Chargers are 5th.

So Commanders trade up for pick#1. And take their fav QB.
                      Bears take MH2
                      Patriots take their fav QB.
                      Cardinals take Bowers

Are you taking Nabers at 5?

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Bless your hearts fellow friends of the "Draft a TE in the top 5 club". You guys are brother's from a another mothers and all. But damn.

Every few years I hear of a "Generational TE" being announced. The result? Most end up being very average in the NFL with TE's drafted much later outperforming them due to having superior QBs.

Sell me better guys!!! Top 5...I want to know their 40 time running on water. How many TDs they can create off 1 catch. How they can turn water into beer!!!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Okay. But Chargers are 5th.

So Commanders trade up for pick#1. And take their fav QB.
                          Bears take MH2
                          Patriots take their fav QB.
                          Cardinals take Bowers

Are you taking Nabers at 5?
                          Yes.

Comment

Working...
                          X