• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I give Fiske an advantage over Jenkins and I urge everyone to discard the "Harbaugh knows him well" instinct to prefer a player just because of his familiarity. Thats not an intellectually mature methodology for selecting talent.
    Depends. It can go a long ways. Team player as Harbaugh has already said he is a great team guy, easily coachable, knows his can and cant do's...knows his practice and workout habits for working with Herbert. Why wouldnt that work in Jenkins favor if in their mind things are relativily equal?

You dont hear Harbaugh talking about any other QBs in this draft. He says his guy JJ is the best one even if most others say its Caleb.

Dont get me wrong, i really like Fiske but just saying.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It’s not a good draft for TE. I would look for the best blocking TE at that point since Dissly is the only one on the roster.
      I have been all over Cade Stover, Xenos.
      The problem is, he is creeping up on big boards, probably in part due to scarcity.

@ #69 is too rich for me.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        When taken 1st, who starts year 1. Barring being an injury replacement, who gets the most snaps year 1? That should be our 1st rounder.

I believe it will be tough for any OL to start at the beginning of the year, maybe even the whole year. I could see any of the WRs starting game 1 in 3 WR sets at a minimum.

Nabers is my favorite, but any of the top 3 WRs is my first pick.
        do any of us really suspect that Harbaugh has a problem w/putting Pips on the pine ?? Fuaga starts over him in a heartbeat, and....

in two receiver sets/12 personnel, you're asking QJ to sit.... ??

judging from Jim's comments, find it hard to believe he's going to weaken his Oline/TEs in favor of a third receiver ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

do any of us really suspect that Harbaugh has a problem w/putting Pips on the pine ?? Fuaga starts over him in a heartbeat, and....

judging from Jim's comments, find it hard to believe he's going to weaken his Oline/TEs in favor of a third receiver ??
          I do. Fuaga has to beat him out first and experience counts for a lot on the OL.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yep. Bringing Jesse Minter to the NFL, strapping him with this defense, then telling him to wait on players... is kind of mean.
            From Day 1 (actually before JH was hired) the braintrust has said things like, "Imagine Justin Herbert with a running game"... "You have to protect your franchise QB". With that being priority 1... a RT makes so much sense. After that, the defense needs attention.

#11 RT Fuaga
            #23 LB Edgerrin Cooper. He does all the things Minter needs done @LB. Emphasis on blitzing.
            #37 DT Kris Jenkins, Ruke Orhorohor, or Leonard Taylor. All very strong vs the run and provide disruption in the middle.
            #69 CB Mike Sainsristil. Knows how Minter wants to defend the pass. Very good tackler.

You could always wait later on defense... but you may not get guys who do all the things Minter wants/needs them to do.
            Nutty, what would you do w/an 11, 37, 40, 67, 69, 105, 110 combo platter ??

and you like Edgerrin over Kool Aid ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Nutty, what would you do w/an 11, 37, 40, 67, 69, 105, 110 combo platter ??

and you like Edgerrin over Kool Aid ??
              You know I like Kool-Aid much more than the pundits. I don't think either Kool-Aid or Cooper will be there @#37. @#23... I think Kool-Aid will be gone (I don't see how he makes it past #22 (Eagles). #22, 24, 25, and 26 all have visits lined up with Edgerrin Cooper. We are meeting with him too... could that mean #23 is in our future... IDK. But it means Cooper @#23 is very possible... Cooper @#37 seems improbable.

With 11, 37, 40, 67, 69, 105, 110 combo:

11) Fuaga 37) Jenkins 40) Colson 69) Sainsristil 105) Rice 110) Wright/Lloyd/Davis

Comment

• Eurobolt
                *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Or to both. Which one does he bolster first. I believe WR at 5, OL at 37 is better than the reverse. And both upgrade the O substantially.
                If we stay at 5 yes it is wr with trade back to 11 it is not so obvious

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Not at all. Plumpkins shouldn't have been re-signed in the 1st place. Fuaga is the superior run blocker. Unlike Plumpkins, it won't take him 3 years to surpass the likes of Trent Scott, Sam Tevi, and Storm Norton. We were used to sub-par RT's... so elated when Trey finally became mediocre. But the new regime expects more.

And no... QJ and JP will not be asked to sit.
                  Hortiz hopes JP returns to 72 catches... and fetches him a 3rd or 4th round comp pick when he leaves.
                  Harbaugh hopes QJ breaks opponent's will... like he did to Jim's Wolverines in 2022. I don't see QJ on the bench either.
                  I see a quality depth WR in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Maybe Jim's old buddy Roman Wilson slips to the 3rd in a stacked WR class. Maybe he chooses Jerry Rice's son in the 4th. Maybe it's Ainias Smith in the 5th. They are convinced that a quality WR will be available after post-draft cuts.

I prefer Plumpkins as the swing tackle to Foster Sarrell. When they cut Trey after the season (and save $6.75m)... I will be interested to see which future comp picks they bring in to replace his roster spot. Will it be 2 FA's...? Will it be 3...?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I do. Fuaga has to beat him out first and experience counts for a lot on the OL.
                    If LAC take Fuaga at, say, 11 and he DID NOT beat out Pip and he's the one riding pine - that is a complete fuck up of a draft. a complete total fuckintheface fail.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Sounds like a hip-hop song...

"Put Pip on the pine - it's just about time,
                      Ya gotta run block on the offensive line,
                      Ya gotta have game in the pass pro, too
                      Or Herbie hits the deck 'cause the Edge broke thru..."

Someone finish this for me...

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

AGAIN, we prioritize Offense over Defense. This must be your wish but it will not be JH's picks
                        You missed the point. I got freaking 16 draft picks by trading down multiple times!

I Got MH2, a legit Swing Tackle, then arguably the best RB of the draft as first 3 picks. Readjust the remaining 13 picks to appease Minter

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Sounds like a hip-hop song...

"Put Pip on the pine - it's just about time,
                          Ya gotta run block on the offensive line,
                          Ya gotta have game in the pass pro, too
                          Or Herbie hits the deck 'cause the Edge broke thru..."

Someone finish this for me...
                          1, 2, 3 into the 4
                          Trader Joe and Jim Columbo knockin' on yo door
                          Ready to un-telesco in this bitch so back on up
                          Cuz you know we bout make a few fans tear up
                          By making your favorite raider fan (Keenan Allen) feel humble
                          Big blue and Bar-more together now you know you're in trouble
                          Aint nothin but a team-win bayyybe
                          Time for Q to step it up, mayyybe??
                          Spanos is the family that pays
                          5th pick just stick, so please don't try to trade this.

GIcVaVFXgAA2hUF.jpg
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X