• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    I virtually never watch college football unless it's UCLA and with the pac 12 network not being on directv, I virtually never watch college football That said there's usually a few good marquee matchups each year that show off some top prospects. Tonight is a must DVR imo. Hurst is supposedly a legit 1st round LT.
    I watch at least 20 games a week. I even watch spring games. lol. I also record and watch every high school game thats on direct tv. quite a few.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
      Funny but way too depressing to even think about.
      If we do have a miserable season, he would be a fantastic consolation prize. Obviously the team would have to spend some bucks to get one of the FA LT's that will be on the market this season.

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        I watch at least 20 games a week. I even watch spring games. lol. I also record and watch every high school game thats on direct tv. quite a few.
        You watch a lot of bad football

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

You watch a lot of bad football
          I dont do it for the entertainment. Im always looking for the next big player. I think a lot of guys obsessed with the draft have to watch bad football.

Makes it easier to spot the good players.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

If we do have a miserable season, he would be a fantastic consolation prize. Obviously the team would have to spend some bucks to get one of the FA LT's that will be on the market this season.
            I really hope Dunlop becomes a solid OLT this year. That would be like finding an extra #1. Than we can go pass rush in the draft.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

The first round will be loaded with stud LTs next year. Its not out of the realm of possibility that if your taking Clowney at 1 that one of the LTs isnt there at the top of the 2nd. McNeil sort of thing. The tough thing is that you have to wait and see if that happens. And if it dosnt you could be screwed as the best free agent LTs will most likely be gone.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                I really hope Dunlop becomes a solid OLT this year. That would be like finding an extra #1. Than we can go pass rush in the draft.
                I don't think it's even possible. He just can't get enough leverage in the running game to ever be an all around good LT. I think he'll be ok in pass protection, but he's also been very prone to getting penalties called against him in his career, so it's just as bad as a sack.

They either need to sign a LT prior to the draft or go with a LT in the first round.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

So do you really think we will have a shot at Clowney, I see three teams worse than us for sure, Oakland, Jacksonville, and the New York Jets

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

The first round will be loaded with stud LTs next year. Its not out of the realm of possibility that if your taking Clowney at 1 that one of the LTs isnt there at the top of the 2nd. McNeil sort of thing. The tough thing is that you have to wait and see if that happens. And if it dosnt you could be screwed as the best free agent LTs will most likely be gone.
                    I think that's a legit option this upcoming year. It helps that there will be a ton of QB's this year and many more elite offensive skill players in the draft.

I would still go after a guy like Veldheer at LT. He's an elite option that just came into his own and is looking for his first contract. Just hope Oakland doesn't franchise him. I would rather not have to go into the draft with a position we HAVE to draft.
                    Last edited by Beerman; 08-29-2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

I think that's a legit option this upcoming year. It helps that there will be a ton of QB's this year and many more elite offensive skill players in the draft.

I would still go after a guy like Veldheer at LT. He's an elite option that just came into his own and is looking for his first contract. Just hope Oakland doesn't franchise him. I would rather not have to go into the draft with a position we HAVE to draft.
                      Agreed. But speaking of Oakland. I just dont think we are worse than them. They are my pick for the top spot in the draft next year. Im not that down on our team to be honest with you.

I think Rivers play against the Cards was a little mis-interpreted. If he dosnt false start he throws a TD to Woodhead. If Gates isnt held he probably scores on the skinny post he ran. We use a lot of hypotheticals on this forum. So ill give it a try,.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Agreed. But speaking of Oakland. I just dont think we are worse than them. They are my pick for the top spot in the draft next year. Im not that down on our team to be honest with you.

I think Rivers play against the Cards was a little mis-interpreted. If he dosnt false start he throws a TD to Woodhead. If Gates isnt held he probably scores on the skinny post he ran. We use a lot of hypotheticals on this forum. So ill give it a try,.
                        I'm down on the offense, high on the D (barring major injury). I think the D will carry us this season if Rivers can just manage the game better and not have so many turnovers.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

I'm down on the offense, high on the D (barring major injury). I think the D will carry us this season if Rivers can just manage the game better and not have so many turnovers.
                          I dont expect the moon...but im very encouraged with the run game. And ive said for years that if you can run the ball and play defense you have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                          X