• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Have u tried them? Is LSD better? I need a trip after reading Yubba's posts!

(Joke, not serious, I actualy appreciate differing opinions and miss Den60... Just dont like what comes WITH the opinion...)
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Yubaking
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      How about Washington? Ok, that was playcalling as much as anything, but we lost that game because the offense didn't get it done.
      We lost that game because our defense yielded 30 points on 500 yards of total offense for an average of 6.9 yards per play, including letting the Redskins score a TD on the only possession of OT after our offense had forged a valiant comeback by scoring 10 points in the final seven minutes of regulation with the final 3 coming on a 91 yard drive that began with just over two minutes left in the game. And the reason the offense had to go 91 yards and not less was because the defense, as usual, allowed the opponent to move the ball (33 yards) forcing the burning of two minutes and a timeout before the Redskins had to punt. Had the Redskins not committed a holding penalty on that possession, we probably never would have had the ball back. In OT, the Redskins were able to score their TD despite committing a holding penalty on the game winning drive. Not good.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

That reads like you didnt watch the game. We lost cuase we used gimick plays in goal to go. Vs power running with Mathews, the coaching staff admitted it so and it got to sourses. After that Game Mathews got more red zone opprrtunities...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Yubaking
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          That reads like you didnt watch the game. We lost cuase we used gimick plays in goal to go. Vs power running with Mathews, the coaching staff admitted it so and it got to sourses. After that Game Mathews got more red zone opprrtunities...
          Of course they didn't call the best plays on the goal line series and hindsight is always 20/20, but what is their expected point value on their final 4th quarter possession at first and 10 from their own 8 yard line with just over two minutes left in the game? What are the chances that our offense is even able to tie the game in the final 7 minutes with two long drives (each greater than 75 yards) while only getting 5 minutes with the ball? I think the offense did very well on the road to produce a 4th quarter comeback and a tie. They didn't do as well as they could have done, but with 7 minutes left and us down 10, if you would have told me that we could have a tie and go to OT, I would have gladly taken it.

Saying they lost because they only got a FG to tie the game after driving 91 yards instead of a TD while ignoring what was arguably the worst defensive series of the entire season in OT seems flimsy to me. I understand what you are saying about first and goal at the 1, but I would assert (not in bad way) that it seems more like it is you that didn't watch the game and consider all of the events as you are focusing on just four plays and not the great drives and comeback that even let it get to OT. Anything but a TD in OT for the Redskins and we have a chance to win. That's a huge defensive blunder for them not to be able to prevent a TD in that situation (full field OT drive) and 30 points and 500 yards is just a bad overall game. I am comfortable putting the blame for this game squarely on the shoulders of the defense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
            We lost that game because our defense yielded 30 points on 500 yards of total offense for an average of 6.9 yards per play, including letting the Redskins score a TD on the only possession of OT after our offense had forged a valiant comeback by scoring 10 points in the final seven minutes of regulation with the final 3 coming on a 91 yard drive that began with just over two minutes left in the game. And the reason the offense had to go 91 yards and not less was because the defense, as usual, allowed the opponent to move the ball (33 yards) forcing the burning of two minutes and a timeout before the Redskins had to punt. Had the Redskins not committed a holding penalty on that possession, we probably never would have had the ball back. In OT, the Redskins were able to score their TD despite committing a holding penalty on the game winning drive. Not good.
            Um, our defense scored the first 7 points for us on a INT by Lissimore so you may want to back up bit on that claim. Yes the defense stunk and Cox was a reason why but the truth is our offense only scored 17 of those 24 points and couldnt punch it in from the 1 yardline.
            We scored 396 points on the year which was only 12th in the league. The teams behind us down to 15 only scored 5 points less so we werent that great scoring points. Teams like Seattle, KC, Cincinnatti and Chicago scored more with QB's that are far inferior to ours.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-19-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
              This is an example of a time when Yuba and I actually agree.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Im wasted. Cheers everybody.

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Cheers Fleet, a little buzzed myself...g'night
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

I can see both sides of this argument.
                    That said, removing Cox probably did more to fix our defense than any player we get in this year's draft.
                    BPA
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      I'm totally in mind meld with you right now.

And thanks for the tip on Cheeba Chews. Really making my rehab bearable. I hope your migraines diminish, my friend.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                        I'm totally in mind meld with you right now.

And thanks for the tip on Cheeba Chews. Really making my rehab bearable. I hope your migraines diminish, my friend.
                        Totally on the right path. I have a better product. Bigfoot CBD chews. Plus pure CBD flowers. Im set.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                          we DID WIN during that stretch- it got us into the playoffs. pay attention!

You still didn't specify games the offense cost us by only scoring FGs instead of TDs in all those Red Zone chances...
                          Tenn, Oakland, Miami, Cinn, the two losses to Denver. All of those games we failed to break the 21 point barrier. If your offense can't make three measly TDs, you don't deserve to win. It's a passing league, we have one playmaker at WR, we really really need another.

The caveat: if Green breaks out and becomes the receiving threat he seems to be capable of becoming. But even with that, I'd want another WR not named Tutu or Brown starting opposite Allen. That TT tried to bring in two better than average FA WRs tells me he thinks so too, hopefully he lands his guy in this year's draft. Just seems criminal to me that with the pieces we have, we put up ballpark of 17 points in that many losing efforts - 21 points would've won three of those six games, I mean WTF (and kudos to the D in those games, they did their job just fine).

Comment

Working...
                          X