Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    For you 385 guests on the site right now, please feel free to create an account and join the discussions!
    :couch:
    Adipose

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Good summary of mock picks for the first round, 21% having the Chargers pick Jason Verrett:

Richard Wade takes one last look at who the mock drafts think the San Diego Chargers will select in the draft.

Comment

• Maverick
        (Coryellian)
        • Jun 2013
        • Point Loma
        • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
        I want this guy!
        Cue SuperCharger......

Comment

• Originally posted by alex View Post
          I want this guy!
          Originally posted by Maverick View Post
          Cue SuperCharger......
          There's a Texas joke in there somewhere.

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Almost to 80 pages for the draft thread. Not too shabby.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
              Realistically speaking, I am hoping for Jean-Baptiste & Moncrief with our first 2 picks, assuming we stay put.
              Lol that would be interesting. Would be tough to evaluate those picks. My only issue is that neither of those players are probably ready to contribute as starters. Can't argue with the ELITE upside those players bring to the table though based on their athleticism. Not sure how Jean-Baptiste would play in a zone scheme.

Comment

• Yubaking
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Well, the day is upon us and here are my final draft groupings for each round in order of preference:

1. L. Nix (NT), K. Fuller (CB), J. Attaochu (OLB), B. Roby (CB)
                2. D. Moncrief (WR), C. Latimer (WR), D. Bucannon (SS), M. Moses (OT)
                3. P. Gaines (CB), G. Jackson (OG), K. McGill (CB), M. Bryant (WR)
                4. J. Ellis (NT), C. Smith (OLB), C. Jones (OLB/ILB), D. McCullers (NT)
                5. A. Exum (CB), E.J. Gaines (CB), D. Street (WR), E. Westbrooks (OLB/DE)
                6. R. Bodine (OC/OG), L. Washington (WR), Z. Kerr (NT), J. Dowling (FS) or Dontae Johnson (CB/FS)
                7. C. Lucas (OT), S. Perry (RB), Derrell Johnson (OLB), J. Pagan (DT)

I hope we avoid Verrett, Ford, Van Noy (sorry, SFW), D. Lawrence and R. Shazier (sorry, FTO) like the plague. Verrett has too many weaknesses that can't be coached away. Attaochu is just better than Ford in every way. Van Noy is versatile, but not really the pass rusher or presence against the run I would prefer. D. Lawrence may not be able to provide enough of a presence against the run. Again, Attaochu is just better. I do not think Shazier is a 3-4 OLB. I watched video of him and he struggles mightily to disengage against OLs. He may end up being a great player, but he looks like a bad fit for us. I would welcome a trade back and would be okay with Cooks. I would be surprised if Gilbert, Dennard or Barr fell to us. My groupings assume that those guys are gone.

Obviously, depending upon the position taken, my order of preference in each round could shift. For example, I do not advocate taking Nix in round 1 and then Ellis also in round 4. I think it may be possible to take 2 CBs, WRs or OLBs if the pair is really strong.

Man, I can't wait for the draft to begin. This year's draft seems like it has the potential to be more wild, crazy and generally unpredictable than most, if not all of the other drafts that I can recall.
                Last edited by Yubaking; 05-08-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                  I'm not convinced this is for real. Is the trajectory of the ball coming out of his hand or of the ball arriving for the catch correct? Pity the ball goes off screen, because I can't help but suspect that he throws a duck high into the air and then runs deep while someone else throws him a pass.
                  Adipose

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

So my ideal 5 man cluster is

Barr
                    Cooks
                    Fuller
                    Dennard
                    Shazier

All these guys are likely gone and Shazier I'm not sure where he fits, but I really like him.

I'm expecting a WR/CB heavy run prior to our pick which will lead us to trade down and pick Demarcus Lawrence or Verrett.

The other scenario has us trading up for Barr if he gets past Dallas.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

How long is tonight's coverage supposed to be, roughly. Is it worth tuning in to any portion of it on UK time?
                      Adipose

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Think they were gonna have like 20 hours of coverage today. Not sure when it was starting on NFLN.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                          So my ideal 5 man cluster is

Barr
                          Cooks
                          Fuller
                          Dennard
                          Shazier

All these guys are likely gone and Shazier I'm not sure where he fits, but I really like him.

I'm expecting a WR/CB heavy run prior to our pick which will lead us to trade down and pick Demarcus Lawrence or Verrett.

The other scenario has us trading up for Barr if he gets past Dallas.
                          That's my favorite group. The shit hits the fan when Dallas goes qb.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X