• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

If Trubinsky is there at 7, do you take him? Unprobable, but he looks like a good pro qb.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
      How crazy would it be to trade for a second 2nd round pick this year by giving up picks in the 2018 draft? What would it take to trade for a second round pick in the range of the 40th to 50th pick? With Rivers only having a few years left, I really hope there is an extra effort to build up the team quickly to help him win a Bowl.

First round- DE/pass rush- Solomon Thomas
      Second round- safety (Budda Baker? if he's there)
      2nd Second round (via trade)- Adoree Jackson, to shore up CB position and use as returner
      Third round- OL
      Fourth round- QB to develop (Davis Webb?)
      I'd wager it would cost us a 1st.

Welcome Attack!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        If Trubinsky is there at 7, do you take him? Unprobable, but he looks like a good pro qb.
        Absolutely not

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Chargers bring up the rear at 66/1 to win the SB next year. I'm optimistic, but trading out of potentially the top spot in the draft for a 2nd this year doesn't work for me.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Attack
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2017
            • Send PM

Chargers bring up the rear at 66/1 to win the SB next year. I'm optimistic, but trading out of potentially the top spot in the draft for a 2nd this year doesn't work for me.
            No way would I give up a first round pick to get another second round pick. But if it could be done by giving up some combo of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th round picks over the 2018 and 2019 drafts, then I would. I just think the defense isn't that far away from being very good (with some better injury luck), and want to get Rivers help with a better D to get to the postseason in the next yr or two to make a run.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

If you look at the draft value chart, the #7 pick is worth a way more than 2x the top 2nd pick. More like 3x. The values are only approximate.

The chart does reflect that in almost every draft there is a point at the top of the 1st round, where there is a big dropoff in terms of players talent. Usually, it is around 10-12. After those top guys, there are a lot of players whose upside isn't much different from the guys who you get in the 2nd round. They are still good players and most can become really good players, but those 10-12 are the ones who have the chance to be special. However, since we are talking about talent, a large percentage of those top players end up being busts, and the lower picks are probably safer.

Looking at our roster, we have a lot of guys who are OK. We really need those top talent guys. If we were a team like Cleveland, where the roster is kinda a train wreck, then trading down and adding a lot of good players, then trading down to add picks makes more sense. But we are a pretty solid team, with a couple of spots that are big weaknesses (S, OL), and then the usual roster that we would like to upgrade. But even NE and Atlanta would like to upgrade a bunch of players on their roster, so just because the roster is a work in progress doesn't mean that we can't win. But we have to take OG and S, and make those positions that are not the huge weaknesses that they were last season. And the best way to do that is get a top player, or a mid- or low-level FA (and draft a mid round developmental pick).

I'm not against trading down, but if we do it, we need to get a lot of picks and/or not have to trade down much. BUt the key will be making sure we can add really good players, so just moving up or down makes no sense unless we can get the players we really want.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

The first round of a draft im doing with some friends.
                1st Round

1. Cleveland Browns (Prime) - Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
                2. San Francisco 49ers () - Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
                3. Chicago Bears (Castro) - Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
                4. Jacksonville Jaguars (Blake) - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
                5. Tennessee Titans (from L.A. Rams) (Jugs) - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
                6. New York Jets (josh) - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
                7. L.A. Chargers (Fleet) - Solomon Thomas, DL, Stanford
                8. Carolina Panthers (MGH_The) - Jamal Adams, SS, LSU
                9. Cincinnati Bengals (MrCinci) - Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
                10. Cleveland Browns (Trade from Buffalo) (Prime) - Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State
                11. New Orleans Saints (Marching) - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
                12. Buffalo Bills (from Cleveland Browns via Philladelphia Eagles) (Jugs) - DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
                13. Arizona Cardinals (Citychamps) - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
                14. Indianapolis Colts (Bern) - Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA
                15. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) (UG) - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
                16. Baltimore Ravens (Fleet) - OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
                17. Washington Redskins (mart200) - Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
                18. Tennessee Titans (Jugs) - Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
                19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Cornelius) - Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
                20. Denver Broncos (Mork) - Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
                21. Detroit Lions (JDredling) - Jabrill Peppers, SS, Michigan
                22. Miami Dolphins (JDredling) - Zach Cunningham, OLB, Vanderbilt
                23. New York Giants (ver10) - David Njoku, TE, Miami
                24. Oakland Raiders (Raider23) - Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
                25. Houston Texans (js) - Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
                26. Seattle Seahawks (Lo) - Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
                27. Kansas City Chiefs (Mork) - Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida
                28. Dallas Cowboys (Bigdaddy) - John Ross, WR, Washington
                29. Green Bay Packers (nerb) - Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri
                30. Pittsburgh Steelers (Citychamps) - Haason Reddick, OLB/ILB, Temple
                31. Atlanta Falcons (Brave) - Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
                32. Philadelphia Eagles (Trade from New England Patriots) (UG) - Jalen "Teez" Tabor, CB, Florida

Trades
                Trades

Browns send a 2017 1st Round Pick (#12: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame) and a 2017 2nd Round Pick (#33) to the Bills for a 2017 First Round Pick (#10: Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State) and a 2017 2nd Round Pick (#44)

Patriots send QB Jimmy Garoppolo and a 2017 4th Round Pick to the Bears for their 2017 2nd Round Pick and 2017 3rd Round Pick

Patriots send a 2017 1st Round Pick (#32) and a 2017 3rd Round Pick (#96) to the Philadelphia Eagles for a 2017 2nd Round Pick (#43) and a 2017 3rd Round Pick (#74)

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

No love for Cam Robinson? I'd run to the podium if he was there for the Bolts in the 2nd. I'd even trade a #4 to move up to get him.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    The first round of a draft im doing with some friends.
                    1st Round

1. Cleveland Browns (Prime) - Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
                    2. San Francisco 49ers () - Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
                    3. Chicago Bears (Castro) - Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
                    4. Jacksonville Jaguars (Blake) - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
                    5. Tennessee Titans (from L.A. Rams) (Jugs) - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
                    6. New York Jets (josh) - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
                    7. L.A. Chargers (Fleet) - Solomon Thomas, DL, Stanford
                    8. Carolina Panthers (MGH_The) - Jamal Adams, SS, LSU
                    9. Cincinnati Bengals (MrCinci) - Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
                    10. Cleveland Browns (Trade from Buffalo) (Prime) - Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State
                    11. New Orleans Saints (Marching) - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
                    12. Buffalo Bills (from Cleveland Browns via Philladelphia Eagles) (Jugs) - DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
                    13. Arizona Cardinals (Citychamps) - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
                    14. Indianapolis Colts (Bern) - Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA
                    15. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) (UG) - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
                    16. Baltimore Ravens (Fleet) - OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
                    17. Washington Redskins (mart200) - Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
                    18. Tennessee Titans (Jugs) - Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
                    19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Cornelius) - Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
                    20. Denver Broncos (Mork) - Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
                    21. Detroit Lions (JDredling) - Jabrill Peppers, SS, Michigan
                    22. Miami Dolphins (JDredling) - Zach Cunningham, OLB, Vanderbilt
                    23. New York Giants (ver10) - David Njoku, TE, Miami
                    24. Oakland Raiders (Raider23) - Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
                    25. Houston Texans (js) - Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
                    26. Seattle Seahawks (Lo) - Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
                    27. Kansas City Chiefs (Mork) - Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida
                    28. Dallas Cowboys (Bigdaddy) - John Ross, WR, Washington
                    29. Green Bay Packers (nerb) - Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri
                    30. Pittsburgh Steelers (Citychamps) - Haason Reddick, OLB/ILB, Temple
                    31. Atlanta Falcons (Brave) - Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
                    32. Philadelphia Eagles (Trade from New England Patriots) (UG) - Jalen "Teez" Tabor, CB, Florida

Trades
                    Trades

Browns send a 2017 1st Round Pick (#12: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame) and a 2017 2nd Round Pick (#33) to the Bills for a 2017 First Round Pick (#10: Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State) and a 2017 2nd Round Pick (#44)

Patriots send QB Jimmy Garoppolo and a 2017 4th Round Pick to the Bears for their 2017 2nd Round Pick and 2017 3rd Round Pick

Patriots send a 2017 1st Round Pick (#32) and a 2017 3rd Round Pick (#96) to the Philadelphia Eagles for a 2017 2nd Round Pick (#43) and a 2017 3rd Round Pick (#74)
                    Always fun but do you really think two RBs could go that high? IDK, im not real big on Fournette as most are. And seems real high for Kizer too. Not sure id even use s first on him. Just my random thoughts.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

No love for Cam Robinson? I'd run to the podium if he was there for the Bolts in the 2nd. I'd even trade a #4 to move up to get him.
                      He just went to the Rams in the 2nd. I was most likely going to take him. Ended up going with Desmond King FS/CB. He can play FS. Boundary Safety. Slot. And return Punts/KOs.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Always fun but do you really think two RBs could go that high? IDK, im not real big on Fournette as most are. And seems real high for Kizer too. Not sure id even use s first on him. Just my random thoughts.
                        I think every year we are sort of shocked how the draft turns out. We always scratch our heads when a QB goes too high. Or RBs are taken high like we did when Gurley went early. Zeke at 4 sort of solidified the trend of RBs going high. We have been talking about Gurley, Gordon, Fournette, Zeke and Cook going really high for a few years now. I agree im not a huge buyer of Fournette. I am of Cook though. I think he will be a better player than Freeman is in Atlanta. But at the end of the day the NFL is very trendy. And i think my guys are just going with trends. This year you can get away with a stud skill player at the top of the draft and still do very well at most other positions throughout the draft. Especially on the defensive side.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Da Bears are dumping Cutler. That means another QB goes at pick 3. Somebody trades up to 1 for Trubinsky, and the first three picks go qb, qb, qb.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X