• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

If Solomon Thomas is there you take him no question. I think he and Bosa would be a phenomenal combo on defense. Watched film on Thomas and was super impressed.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Edge, CB, S, TE, RB, WR are extremely deep this year. Id like to get some value.

Solomon Thomas Edge Stanford
      Obi Melifanwu SS Connecticut
      Marcus Williams FS Utah
      Kevin King CB Washington
      Donta Foreman RB texas
      Josh Reynolds WR A&M
      Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas
      foreman in the 5th round would be awesome.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Free Safety was the weakest position on the D last season. On offense, it was the tackles. However, I don't like drafting just because of need. I think they should just go BPA, and if it's a safety, so be it. I'd prefer Edge, if Ingram doesn't stay. At #7 none of the tackles are worth it. I actually think the move north will help in re-signing Ingram, I don't think he thought the lights were bright enough in San Diego.
        I still think the weakest spot on O is LG. OT play wasn't great, but the problem was penetration inside much more than outside. Fluker played well, and Slausson was OK (playing out of position), but that is where we need an upgrade. OT isn't a bad idea, but Dunlap is the older more injury prone player, and Barksdale is the worst of the two. We can cut Dunlap, but Barksdale is not going anywhere because of his contract. And if we couldget a LT, then Dunlap would make a decent RT.
        S and adding impact players at DT. The S position is deep in this draft and I don't think we need to add a S in the 1st just because it is a just because of need. There are good players later, and the number of S drafted high who are busts is a little troubling.

I think we are in the position we were last year. We just need good players. TT should just rank players and draft the guys at the top of the board. There are decent enough FA to fill in as stop gaps, but adding top players at whatever position is something we haven't had since Schotty was HC. Just add the best players around, with an eye towards a few positions.

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
          • Send PM

I agree about Guard. Lamp and Feeney are plug and play picks in this draft. 7 way too high and I think both will be gone by our 2nd pick. Dorian Johnson out of Pitt may be a reach with our 2nd but we absolutely need to improve on the interior o-line

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            I still think the weakest spot on O is LG. OT play wasn't great, but the problem was penetration inside much more than outside. Fluker played well, and Slausson was OK (playing out of position), but that is where we need an upgrade. OT isn't a bad idea, but Dunlap is the older more injury prone player, and Barksdale is the worst of the two. We can cut Dunlap, but Barksdale is not going anywhere because of his contract. And if we couldget a LT, then Dunlap would make a decent RT.
            S and adding impact players at DT. The S position is deep in this draft and I don't think we need to add a S in the 1st just because it is a just because of need. There are good players later, and the number of S drafted high who are busts is a little troubling.

I think we are in the position we were last year. We just need good players. TT should just rank players and draft the guys at the top of the board. There are decent enough FA to fill in as stop gaps, but adding top players at whatever position is something we haven't had since Schotty was HC. Just add the best players around, with an eye towards a few positions.
            I agree that Franklin was horrible last season. Wonder if the Chargers are thinking about moving Slauson to LG and giving the C position to Turek. Dunlap at RT makes sense, but LT's are not just growing on trees. As a whole the oline play of the entire league is not good

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Id cut Franklin, Flowers and give that money to Leary/Whitworth. Move Dunlap to RT. Draft a slot CB to replace Flowers.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

I thought Whitworth signed an extension with Cinci last year? But he is on every list, so he must be a FA.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

No but he wants to stay in Cinci. So he most likely gets signed by them. Hes probably the most dependable LT in the league. I think he has a couple years left.

Comment

• Attack
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2017
                    • Send PM

How crazy would it be to trade for a second 2nd round pick this year by giving up picks in the 2018 draft? What would it take to trade for a second round pick in the range of the 40th to 50th pick? With Rivers only having a few years left, I really hope there is an extra effort to build up the team quickly to help him win a Bowl.

First round- DE/pass rush- Solomon Thomas
                    Second round- safety (Budda Baker? if he's there)
                    2nd Second round (via trade)- Adoree Jackson, to shore up CB position and use as returner
                    Third round- OL
                    Fourth round- QB to develop (Davis Webb?)

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
                      How crazy would it be to trade for a second 2nd round pick this year by giving up picks in the 2018 draft? What would it take to trade for a second round pick in the range of the 40th to 50th pick? With Rivers only having a few years left, I really hope there is an extra effort to build up the team quickly to help him win a Bowl.

2nd Second round (via trade)- Adoree Jackson, to shore up CB position and use as returner
                      Third round- OL
                      Shades of Bobby Beathard and the high rollin' times.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• pigskin
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Southern Oregon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

Third round- OL
                        I'm not in favor of mortgaging the future, unless we were just one piece away. As of now, we have too many needs. If you wanted to trade down in the first and pick up another 2nd, I might be talked into that, depending on who was left at 7.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I don't like using a mid to late pic on a QB this year either. Next year we find the eventual successor. Everybody wants to find the Next Dak. Well Dak fell for other reasons besides his play and that don't happen very often with QBs.
                          I'm not interested in Chad Kelly either for the record. Don't care who his Dad is. He isn't that good

Comment

Working...
                          X