• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Yes he's a sophomore this year. Still playing. Technically a freshman after having to drop his 2nd semester last year due to Scarlett Fever. He is 6'2" and 205 pounds as of yesterday.
    He's a taller version of Ricky Gervais!
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Thanks for the info Fleet.
      And like Boltjolt, the game for me is still quite confusing.
      I've been watching 6 nations for over 20 years now, not to mention the world cup, and am still no closer to figuring out what's going on. I go along to the pub with my buddies to watch a friendly and they try to explain it.......I guess the beer gets in the way of my understanding. Still, great game to watch.
      Go American Football!

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
        He's a taller version of Ricky Gervais!
        Im guessing you crush on Ricky? I dont think he looks anything like that old dude. lol. Maybe Carl Urban from Riddick.....

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          Thanks for the info Fleet.
          And like Boltjolt, the game for me is still quite confusing.
          I've been watching 6 nations for over 20 years now, not to mention the world cup, and am still no closer to figuring out what's going on. I go along to the pub with my buddies to watch a friendly and they try to explain it.......I guess the beer gets in the way of my understanding. Still, great game to watch.
          Go American Football!
          When your son plays the sport you sort of have to learn it. lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Anyways I'm not on board with picking a QB high this year. They can draft one the next two years and I'm OK with it but not this year. I consider a third rounder a high pick on a QB.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Rang and Brugler now have Thomas going #2 overall.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Sorry Fleet but when he's running he has Gervais face.
                For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

J.J. Dielman’s experience at the Combine was shorter than others. He did medical evaluations, interviews and the bench press (27 reps, fifth among OLs). While his cousin Kris Dielman was a longtime NFL vet with the San Diego Chargers, Dielman is actually the first in his family to go to the Combine.

Coming off a knee injury and not yet up to full sprinting, Dielman was a little whistful when it came to watching others do field drills. But he got some confidence from his interviews that teams aren’t holding it against him.

"Nobody felt bad for me, but they said, ‘We have tape of you, three years of tape, and it’s good stuff to go off of,’" he said. "I’m not really asking for any sympathy. I’m blessed I got the opportunity to go."

Even though each player was focused on himself during the last week, they added they got a lot of pleasure from watching each other.

"I watched Garett and Isaac run their 40s as I was going through my morning — it was kind of like dad watching his sons," Williams said. "When I got back, I was watching Pita [Taumoepenu] and Marcus [Williams and BA [Brian Allen]. We all did a great job. We represented Utah well."

Many of the participants will be back for Utah’s Pro Day on March 23rd, and some will be repeating drills or doing drills they weren’t able to perform this time around. Asiata thinks he can improve on his broad jump and vertical — his legs tightened up before he did them. Williams will run the 60-yard shuttle. Dielman hopes to be up for position drills.

It will also be an opportunity to see the Utes who didn’t get invited. Asiata knows who he’s excited to see perform.

"I wish Hunter Dimick had been invited," he said. "Hunter would’ve done better than a lot of people as well, I feel. When he gets to Pro Day, watch him put on a show."
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Go Rivers!

Comment

• CTrout
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

M.Williams excels at making catches in traffic...that's good cause he hardly ever gets any separation (from college DBs).

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

For most people doing draft descriptions, they call anyone who is 6 foot something and 220+ a "physical" WR. Mike Williams is the real deal. ANd he doesn't just make catches in traffic, he rips the ball away from the DB, or snags it away from the DB when the guy has position on him. He made Watson look awful good on some bad throws this season.

I like him because in some ways, while physical he is kinda similar to Tyrell Williams, his style of play really compliments him in that he is the Anti-Tryell. His competeitiveness in terms of fighting for the ball is way over 100%.

While he needs work on route runing and concepts, the guy does a really nice fade series of routes. Back shoulder, jump fade, fade down the sideline vs press, all those routes are good, and it's been a while since we had a good fade guy. He is also very good bubble screen runner.
                        Last edited by Steve; 03-08-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

If the top D guys we are targeting are gone, I'm fine with Williams at 7.

Comment

Working...
                          X