• Send PM

Yeah i like animals more than i do most humans. lol

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

I'm not a PETA type but I love dogs. Anyone who videos kicking/beating a pet doesn't love them regardless of what he says. I've seen way too many damaged physically and mentally pets that were supposedly "loved" by their owners. It's not culture or ignorance either. Sorry but nobody ever "taught" me not to commit heinous acts against domestic pets or young women. These fuckers are missing the "humanity" gene. Move on.
      Last edited by chargerkdb; 04-07-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Wow, color him gone.

MTS notebook: Jamal Adams is top prospect in 2017 NFL Draft

Print

By Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks NFL.com
        Published: April 7, 2017 at 12:11 p.m.
        Updated: April 7, 2017 at 01:14 p.m.

But first, we kick off this week's notebook with Brooks' take on who deserves the title of top player in this year's draft.

It's a foregone conclusion that Texas A&M's Myles Garrett is poised to be the No. 1 overall pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, but LSU's Jamal Adams is the best prospect in the draft.

It's easier to hold that belief following Adams' spectacular pro day workout where he clocked times reportedly in the 4.38 range, but I've long believed the charismatic safety is poised to make the biggest impact of any prospect in the draft.

Checking in at 6-foot, 214 pounds with exceptional instincts, awareness and tackling skills, Adams is a new-school safety with a classic game that's plucked straight from the 1980s when Ronnie Lott, Kenny Easley and others lurked between the hashes as menacing enforcers for their respective squads. The LSU standout is a dynamic playmaker capable of roaming the deep middle as a centerfielder or attacking from the box as a "seek-and-destroy" defender. Adams' versatility, toughness, and instincts pop off the screen when studying his game film. He is a Tasmanian Devil on the field, exhibiting a non-stop motor and relentless mentality when pursuing runners and receivers all over the field.

As a run defender, Adams flashes outstanding instincts and awareness when slipping around blocks to put big hits on runners in the hole. He is a rare big hitter who is also a secure wrap-up tackler. Adams' physicality, toughness and "thump" sets the tone for the defense, which is an expectation for a top-five defender.

Against the pass, Adams is an underrated cover man with the capacity to thrive in man or zone coverage as a box defender. He plays with outstanding leverage and cushion in coverage while funneling receivers to his help defenders. In zone coverage, Adams has the athleticism and movement skills to play as a "post" defender or near the line of scrimmage as a curl/flat player. He shows terrific instincts and diagnostic skills reading route concepts and breaking early on throws. Although he has just five career interceptions on his resume, Adams' ball skills and hands rate at a B-plus level.

From a critical standpoint, Adams' athleticism and explosiveness don't consistently pop off the screen. Although he doesn't have issues matching tight ends or receivers in space, he posted average numbers at the NFL Scouting Combine and those marks certainly raise concerns about his explosive movement skills.

In the end, Adams' production, skills and intangibles make him worthy of being a top-five selection in the draft. Moreover, his combination of traits leads me to believe he will be a superstar at the next level. When I spoke to several coaches about Adams at the combine, I repeatedly heard them rave about his enthusiastic personality and natural leadership skills.

An AFC secondary coach called him a "culture changer" based on the way that he holds his teammates accountable for their preparation and performance. The coach went on to tell me that Adams has the "it factor" that every coach covets in a leader and top player. I know firsthand of Adams' leadership skills based on my interactions with him when he was a high school player (Adams participated in The Opening regional camps where I assist as a camp counselor). With LSU's coaches also touting Adams as one of the best leaders to ever come through the program, I'm willing to bet on his intangibles pushing him toward greatness.

When looking at the top prospects in the 2017 class, there are plenty of players with the skills to be dominant players, but few can rival Adams' combination of skills, intangibles, and production. That's why I believe he is the best player in the draft and is poised to make an impact that rivals Pro Bowl safety Landon Collins as a stat stuffer at the position. -- Bucky Brooks
        Last edited by Formula 21; 04-07-2017, 01:50 PM.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Crazy huh? I thought Jalen Ramsey was a better prospect. Jalen will be one the best CBs in the league next year. He would have been a monster FS.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I agree that Hooker is more Ed Reed and the Bolts have lacked playmakers in the secondary, but they need a guy like Adams (not that I care). He's a big hitter, strong against the room and personality wise he's a big winner. Everything I've read about him basically agrees with the 'culture changer' descriptor. With him, Bosa and Verrett on that side of the ball, you have serious winning mentalities.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
              Wow, color him gone.
              Yep, to the Chargers@#7....fingers crossed

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Hooker is the ideal fit for the cover 3 man to man look that the Bradley D uses. He would be great as a 1 deep S, or playing the deep S in a 3 deep Zone and simply take away the hooks and curls in between the deep defenders.

Adams would be great as another good fit as the in the box Cam Chancellor type. Size to play like an extra LB. Speed and agility to play man vs TE and RB. Physical, instinctive.

If both are availible, I think we can take whoever we think is better. I think Hooker is the better player, but Adams has the better track record vs injuries, and has more experience.

The good thing is that if both are availible, Addai can play in the box, or play deep S. He is not a dynamic guy at either spot, but is not horrible. I think if he could focus on doing one or the other, he would improve. In Pagano's D, the S had to do everything, so no specialization. More flexible for the DC, but doesn't allow the players to focus on getting good at a smaller skill set.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  And they we could draft Darnold #1 overall in 2018.
                  And trade away four more picks to trade up? Lol

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    And trade away four more picks to trade up? Lol
                    I was implying we would be picking 1 overall. We have a lot of holes. Id rather acquire picks this year. No lose them all.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      I was implying we would be picking 1 overall. We have a lot of holes. Id rather acquire picks this year. No lose them all.
                      I genuinely believe this team when healthy has a legit chance to make playoffs. I see us a 7-9 to 10-6 this year. We better not be picking #1 overall.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                        I genuinely believe this team when healthy has a legit chance to make playoffs. I see us a 7-9 to 10-6 this year. We better not be picking #1 overall.
                        Yeah i wasnt being very serious. I think we are a pretty solid team when healthy. I just think trading all our picks for Garrett is a wise move. Considering TT builds the roster through the draft.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Trading a 1,2 4 and 4 to go up to get Garrett, is really a 2 for 1 move. Picks 4 and 5 are bodies somewhat better than worthless. Guys who are replaceable with cheap FAs somebody else picked with their picks 4 and 5 a few years ago and who now have pro experience.

You see the impact Bosa had this year? Imaging having two top DEs. That's much better than having roster filler/special teams guys at the bottom of the roster.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X