• Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

OMG you guys are using the draft forum. Im stoked. lol

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The newest LA native has entered into a rivalry for the city. According to these Chargers rumors, what players could help the Chargers win over LA?

This is like one of those articles in years past that wouldI post like I was chuming the water in a shark tank...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

The guy who wrote the article doesn't understand much about valuing players. If you have to pay a ton of money for them, or you trade for a guy who is about to become a FA, it hurts a guys value.

In the end, it is about getting players, and it really doesn't matter who you get as long as they play well. I don't mind the idea of trading our mid-round picks for these guys. But anyone who thinks we are giving up quality picks for these guys is out of their minds. There was a reason that Carolina cut Josh Norman last year. No one was going to trade for a guy who was going to cost them that much. It just doesn't happen.

The thing that keeps making it interesting is every time I read an article about Sherman being traded, they act like Seattle will get their price. I like Sherman as a player, but no one on earth will make the trade. Either Seattle has to eat a ton of his contract, and we will give up the high pick, or they get very little for him and we let him eat up our cap space. No one is going to do both. If Seattle doesn't want to budge, then it means they aren't serious about trading him, which is what I think is going on.

The Watkins thing is interesting, but the same deal applies. His injuries and inconsistency count against him. Yes, all rookies have that, but Watkins should be entering the breakout part of his career, and he is still as far along as his rookie year. He has devalued himself. If he is not willing to play cheap, then OK. No team would give up a decent pick for him, and then either only get him for a year, or have to pay him full price (including his option year).

Vaccaro would be an upgrade at S. The thing is that we would have to negotiate the extension with him prior to the trade. He only has a year left on his deal, and no one is even going to part with a middle round pick for a 1 year offer. I could see a late rounder, if we can come up with a deal, because we could use Vaccaro in addition to Hooker or Adams. I don't think we need to, because Lowry is not completely horrible, but I wouldn't pass on another S either.

Comment

• Attack
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          Yeah that would make me cry
          agree. Not offense with first two picks.

Comment

• Attack
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2017
            • Send PM

If staying at #7, we need to build up the defense. We've had high powered offenses for many years over the last 4 decades, and haven't had a top defense, when in a big spot, that could make a big stop. I've never had confidence that the defense could stop anyone when they had to in a big game, and would like to see a top defense instead of a high powered offense. The team's total points scored in 2016 was 410 pts, which included 5 TDs from the defense, so the offense scored around 375 pts, or avg ~23 pts a game, without Keenan and Woodhead. That is enough points to win in the NFL, with a good defense. Granted, the OL needs to be better, but we have enough offensive weapons to win. I'd prefer a pass rusher or DL at #7, and if Thomas, Allen, or Barnett aren't there, then one of the safeties, although there is good depth to select a S in round 2. Trading back in round 1 and picking up an extra 2nd round pick is another option I wouldn't mind.

Comment

• Rugger05
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
              If staying at #7, we need to build up the defense. We've had high powered offenses for many years over the last 4 decades, and haven't had a top defense, when in a big spot, that could make a big stop. I've never had confidence that the defense could stop anyone when they had to in a big game, and would like to see a top defense instead of a high powered offense. The team's total points scored in 2016 was 410 pts, which included 5 TDs from the defense, so the offense scored around 375 pts, or avg ~23 pts a game, without Keenan and Woodhead. That is enough points to win in the NFL, with a good defense. Granted, the OL needs to be better, but we have enough offensive weapons to win. I'd prefer a pass rusher or DL at #7, and if Thomas, Allen, or Barnett aren't there, then one of the safeties, although there is good depth to select a S in round 2. Trading back in round 1 and picking up an extra 2nd round pick is another option I wouldn't mind.

I couldn't agree more, they need to get a few more pieces on the defensive side of the ball for a very good defense

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

The perfect trade would be with the Browns. For their 12 and 52 picks.

1. Derek Barnett DE
                2. Kevin King FS/CB - Single High Saftey
                2. Taylor Moton OT
                3. Zay Jones WR
                4. Joe Mixon RB
                5. Shaquill Griffin CB
                6. Jeremy Sprinkle TE
                7. Jon Toth C/OG

Comment

• Attack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  The perfect trade would be with the Browns. For their 12 and 52 picks.

1. Derek Barnett DE
                  2. Kevin King FS/CB - Single High Saftey
                  2. Taylor Moton OT
                  3. Zay Jones WR
                  4. Joe Mixon RB
                  5. Shaquill Griffin CB
                  6. Jeremy Sprinkle TE
                  7. Jon Toth C/OG
                  I like that mock, except for Moton. Not sure about him. As for Mixon, he's controversial, but no doubt has skills, and would be tough to support the team taking him. Does he deserve a second chance? Probably, but maybe with another team. Taking Mixon, in my mind, would mean that Lynn is personally signing off with his being ok with the pick.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Mixon is probably a long shot. It was just based on skill and what Lynn said. Him and Gordon would mob. Peterson was suspended a year for beating his kids. lol And he came back. Mixon clearly made a terrible decision. But like Casserly said....hes a first round talent that isnt on most teams boards. But our coach already said hes absolutely on our board. So that pick was a Lynn pick. Teams would freak out if they had to deal with both our RBs.

And most OTs in this draft will have some questions. Its simply not a good draft at OT. But Moton is an academic guy. Smart and with a lot of guys on our OL seemingly lacking a work ethic i think he would do well. I thought about a guy like Dion Dawkins in that spot. Moton may end up at OG. I also like JJ Dielman a little later.

If one of the top 3 are there in the 2nd id probably go that route. Maybe Robinson.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I don't recall the Bengals RB , what issues he had (Hill) before the draft but seems he has been fine since.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Its a big move back but we should be kicking the tires hard on Mahomes. Make it look like hes the guy. I think teams feel he is the most talented QB in the draft. Texans 1,2,3,4? Has some Rodgers traits in him. The player he tries to model his game after. If the main 3 are gone(Hooker, Adams, Thomas) im hoping for a trade back. Even with Allen and Barnett on the board.

"According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, Texans coach Bill O'Brien "absolutely loves" Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes.
                        We doubt Mahomes makes it to the Texans at No. 25 overall, but there's a chance. Houston may also be one of the few teams willing to trade up in this year's draft with several teams looking to move back. The Texans are a good bet to take a quarterback in the first round, and Mahomes may have the highest ceiling of the bunch. Mahomes has size (6'3/230) and a big arm."

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                          • Send PM

Yep. Anyone that wants a QB needs to be looking at the #7 pick. Haha I'd like as much QB hysteria as possible

Comment

Working...
                          X