• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Allen is an outstanding pick. As would be Hooker. Allen is a safer pick, but Hooker getting turnovers would win games. We can't lose with those two options. But no Thomas????
    Last edited by Formula 21; 04-17-2017, 02:00 PM.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Pete Prisco now has Derek Barnett going #2 overall. Wow.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline hears that Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey may be declining private workout attempts because "he has received a draft guarantee from a team presently selecting in the teens."
        It was reported on Sunday by Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio that McCaffrey has turned down all private workout requests. Pauline writes that "[t]he story circulating from insiders" is that the 6-foot, 202-pounder may have already received assurances of a sturdy, mid-first round selection. The Saints (11), Browns (12), Eagles (14) and Colts (15) are among the teams drafting in the teens who could use a running back. Apr 17 - 12:14 PM

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Ohio State's Curtis Samuel says he is a running back/wide receiver "hybrid."
          Samuel worked out as a receiver at the Combine and has reportedly been preparing "primarily" as a receiver, but he does not want to rule out helping his next team as a running back. "I can’t say I feel like a full-time receiver still, just because of my running back background," Samuel said. "I love to run the ball. I love to catch. I’d say I’m both." With 4.31 speed and a hybrid profile, Samuel has drawn comparisons to Percy Harvin.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

McCaffrey is another guy i start showing major love to. Make em think hes our guy. Theres teams right behind us that want him. Make the Panthers give up a 4 to move up 1 spot.

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2017
              • Send PM

A guy named Dae Te Thomas who is an apparent super scout, who is familiar with many scouting circles and teams pay for his input said on a Podcast/blog (he usually writes one every year but failed to do so this year with the passing of his wife)

said Chargers are poised to take Adams with the 7th pick, that he's their first choice, but we'd have to wait it out for him to get past Chicago and Tennessee, also indicates the team really like TJ Watt in the 2nd

Comment

• bolts4lyfe
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2017
                • Send PM

Rumor floating about, Denver is working out a huge trade with Cleveland, where they'll move to 12 for McCaffrey and also receive Joe Thomas, and a few other things while offering a haul of picks in return.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I find it hard to believe that Cleveland would part with Joe Thomas. He is Mr. Cleveland.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bolts4lyfe View Post
                    A guy named Dae Te Thomas who is an apparent super scout, who is familiar with many scouting circles and teams pay for his input said on a Podcast/blog (he usually writes one every year but failed to do so this year with the passing of his wife)

said Chargers are poised to take Adams with the 7th pick, that he's their first choice, but we'd have to wait it out for him to get past Chicago and Tennessee, also indicates the team really like TJ Watt in the 2nd
                    I think a lot of people are focused on us taking the single high S, but the in the box S spot is pretty important too. While I think Adams could be decent as the single high (FS) guy, he is probably better off in the box in the Cam Chancellor role.

Remember what AJ Smith used to call this time of year? Liars month. Everyone needs to fill this period up with all kinds of stuff, so just about any nonsense will get published.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Nice. But it makes no sense for Denver to move up to 12 until they know McCaffrey will be available. Id really be trying to stir up interest for him at 7. Im not a massive McCaffrey fan. So i dont mind if he ends up in Denver. But selling the farm for a RB/WR is sort of a huge risk. Especially when you look at the lack of success for most of the sub 200# Rbs that went in the 1st. I understand his receiving abilities but even then its still quite a bit you are giving up to move up to 12 for a RB/WR and Thomas.

His routes are amazing though.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

McCaffrey all depends on how you plan on using him.

Up until just a couple of years ago, the 200 lb thing was all about the RB not being able to stand up to the 300-400 carries thing. If that is what they want out of McCaffery, then they will definitely be disappointed.

If they are going to spend a lot of time with him in the slot, or as a change of pace/3rd down guy, then he can be a big impact.

The problem is going to be is can you get over the fact that he is never going to be a featured guy. As soon as he tastes some success, everyone is going to keep clamouring for him to be an every down guy. It's tough for even good teams to resist that type of pressure. And as soon as you start to overuse them, the RB bodies break down.

I really like the guy and think he would be a great 3rd down guy for us, but he has to get a lot stronger and develop his pass blocking. Right now, all teams would have to do to neutralize him is blitz him. He is good at identifying blitzers (in college anyway), but he often dips his head and misses on the block. I think he is actually a better slot guy than true 3rd down RB. Many of the best routes for 3rd RB, you need to kind of conceal yourself behind the OL as you approach the line, then challenge the LB and break to the open space. McCafferty tends to break early or wait too long. It should come with practice, but he can be a really good, quick slot guy right away, plus he doesn't need to worry about blitz pickups. Teams could also use him like a college slotback and give him some carries, especially if they have a bigger back and do some option type crap.

I also wouldn't want him in the 1st round. If he has a 1st round grade, then everyone has the expectations thing going.

Denver needs help all along the OL to get their running game going. But unlike us they have been investing pretty steady in the OL the last couple of years. TO date, it has paid very little, but they have gotten younger players a lot of playing time. Unlike us, where we have a shitty line, and no prospects of improving it anytime soon.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

I dont dislike McCaffrey. But like you said hes not a bellcow. Its like using a 1st rounder on a guy like Woodhead. Because i think he would put up those type of receiving numbers. Or Bush early career type numbers.

If you can get him over 200 carries like Bush did later in his career coupled with the passes Bush received early in his career he may be worth that much of a price.

But even if he gets that much production hes probably not close to a guy like Bell. I just think they would be running way too much of the offense through a guy like McCaffrey and i think hes more of a compliment type guy.

Im not knocking his talent. He will be good. Im knocking the amount they are willing to give up. The Browns wont go from 12 to 20 and give up Thomas for chicken scratch. Like i said i hope Denver sells the farm to do it.

Probably cost 20, 52, 101 to move up to 12 and maybe a #1 or #2 next year for Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                          X