• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
    Peppers, while talented, scares me a little. Guess I don't really like players without a true position or maybe our previous coaching staff just never figured out a way to use them.
    Ya know, Weddle played mulitiple possitions at Utah.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
      Peppers, while talented, scares me a little. Guess I don't really like players without a true position or maybe our previous coaching staff just never figured out a way to use them.
      He actually does, it is nickel DB. A nickel DB in the Seattle/Jags style D plays have played a bit more than 60% of the snaps. While that is lower than almost any other team, it is still way more than time than the SAM or MIKE LB will get. And if you get a DB like Peppers, who knows how to play LB (which is really the position the nickle DB plays), then we would probably play more, not less than the norm Seattle plays way less nickle than the rest of the NFL mostly because they have 3 excellent coverage LB. We can leave the nickle on the field in more of the run situations, because Peppers is a good run defender for a DB.

Peppers might also gives us another big, physical press CB that Bradley likes. He lacks the great length, but other than that, he is a good physical press guy. Peppers lacks elite speed, but he is athletic and physical in his press. He is more of a true shutdown CB than most guys just because when he presses a guy, he knocks the guy off his route, because he knows he isn't going to be able to chase a guy all over the field.

That being said, I think NFL teams value nickle DB way more than draftniks and mock draft people. THey know that nickle DB and extra DB are the 11th starter on D, and know that having the last starter on the base D is not all that important, at least not at the expense of a DB. I personally don't see how Peppers gets into the 2nd round unless there is some other behind the scenes stuff (drugs or a video of him beating someone half to death).

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

I would love to see Peppers in this defense. You can never, ever go wrong with athleticism on defense and if that athlete is diverse enough to play in a position of need than all the better.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
        X