• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

TT's biggest failure? Drafting OL, without a doubt.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Faded blues
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2013
      • Send PM

It was a terrible f u c k inf pick.

Dude is slow. Poor work ethic. Bad routes.
      Lazy and takes plays off.

I hate to say it but Mcaffrey would have been a better pick.

I bet they didn't pick mcraffey becuase of bosa.

Being cheap assholes like they are they didn't want to deal with a hold out again.

Fight for LA.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post

Being cheap assholes like they are they didn't want to deal with a hold out again.

Fight for LA.
        The seventh pick is the seventh pick. What does McCaffrey got to do with it? I sure wouldn't want to pay McCaffrey number seven money to be a third down RB and a punt returner. He would be in Sproles role who never got 100 carries in a season for us. Woodhead either and since Gordon has shown he has good hands, I doubt be would have 70 receptions like Woodhead did when Gordon was a rookie

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Fight for LA.
          4.49 is slow?

Are you still supporting the team?

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

The Ringer says Williams is an A for fit, and an A+ for value.

The Browns keep gathering athletes, the Texans pay for another quarterback, and the Bears … did what?

Of course we all know how much the draft grades mean, the day after the draft. (I'm thinking Super Bowl! :facepalm1: )
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              4.49 is slow?

I read that he DOES NOT have top end speed? 4.49 seems fast to me.
              So what is it? Is he an underneath guy, or can he stretch the field( like VJ)?

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                I read that he DOES NOT have top end speed? 4.49 seems fast to me.
                So what is it? Is he an underneath guy, or can he stretch the field( like VJ)?
                He ran a 4.54 at the combine. Its not 4.3 speed but at his size at almost 6'4 220 its very fast. He ran a 4.49 at the private work out. Hes fast enough for his style of play. You cant have small DBs and expect to have success against our offense. Just need to get Rivers protected. Allen has to be double teamed at all times. Williams will pay off. He will see a bunch of single coverage.

Comment

• Faded blues
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

4.49 is slow?

Just bent. Pissed. Upset.

Bad pick.

Prefer Allen or mccrafrey.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Just bent. Pissed. Upset.

Bad pick.

Prefer Allen or mccrafrey.
                    Ok so you are actually a Charger fan? I actually thought you were a non supporter of the team. It would make my day to see you still on board with us.

Comment

• Asela
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2014
                      • Send PM

He ran a 4.54 at the combine. Its not 4.3 speed but at his size at almost 6'4 220 its very fast. He ran a 4.49 at the private work out. Hes fast enough for his style of play. You cant have small DBs and expect to have success against our offense. Just need to get Rivers protected. Allen has to be double teamed at all times. Williams will pay off. He will see a bunch of single coverage.

Actually Mike Williams did not run at the Combine. His 4.54 time was what one of the scouts clocked him at (most likely). ProDay times are problematic because it's a bunch of scouts with their own time, there's no official electronic clock and players are always going to choose a fast surface. It's a level playing field like the Combine, hence why they do it to stack the deck in their favor. Also, some guys bulk up at the Combine and lift, then change their training for running, and then enhance their values on the ProDay. There's a reason, very few players have a worse running time at their ProDay than at the Combine. At the Combine, everyone is facing all the same stresses and running surfaces.

For me personally, I trust Mayock's reporting because it's impartial, where scouts may also have reasons to manipulate higher or lower. Personally, I would've liked to see 3 cone, 20yd short shuttle, and the 60yd short shuttle. To me, the quickness is more important. But some WR had great hands and leverage to get off press coverage, others uses foot speed, moves with body misdirection. Whichever way a player can consistently get off the press and get separation is the key.

Big bodied Michael Williams ran 4.55 and showed off his catch radius at Clemson pro day...
                      -- Mike Mayock

Clemson WR Mike Williams chose not to run the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine earlier this month, making his pro day 40 one of the most anticipated of any that will be run during pro-day workouts this year.

Last edited by Asela; 04-28-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Asela
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2014
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                        They are influencing EVERYTHING. The more control John and AG were given, the worse results on the field have gotten and the more the team has become a doormat in the NFL.
                        With the Spani's history of being penny pinchers (outside of the salary cap), I wonder if any of their decision making with trainers, equipment, nutritionists, food choices, etc played any role in the Chargers having the most missed games by starters and most players on IR over the last 2 years than any other team. The weird thing is, when some of the injuries are similar but across players playing different positions and body shapes. That's odd.

If this is a 3rd year in a row, no one can claim just coincidence yet again.

Comment

• Asela
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2014
                          • Send PM

Wow watching his game film hes a beast as a blocking TE.
                          Vincent Jackson in his early years really helped the running game as well. I've always liked how Bolding and Steve Smith would aggressively block for their RBs. As long as the OL can make holes, Gordon may spring some big runs downfield. Lamp gives the OL a huge boost :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                          X