Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richpjr
    replied
    If you want to read between the lines, we did interview some potential first or second day linebackers:

Leave a comment:

• bonehead
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post
    No way Evans lasts that long, and Vanderbilt Esch just plays too slow to pick that high. I know I know, combine numbers, but the tape on him looks 2nd/3rd to me.
    I agree that there is no way Evans lasts to the Bolts second pick......but I think the Esch is the real deal, he is still growing into his body and only has one year starting but he has the potential to be the elusive 3 down MLB with great cover skills.....I still think Perryman would start but Bradley would get some use out of him

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Danny shelton
    Sounds so much like Vita Vea that it scares me.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    No way Evans lasts that long, and Vanderbilt Esch just plays too slow to pick that high. I know I know, combine numbers, but the tape on him looks 2nd/3rd to me.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    The UT's 3 round mock draft has us taking Da'Ron Payne in the first, Rashaan Evans in the second, and Mason Rudolph in the third. That would be a great first 3 rounds.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Zierlein's latest mock. The two top LBs go 7 and 9. Evans at 20. LBs are not out of vogue in this year's draft.

PICK

Leighton Vander Esch - LB, Boise State

Big, athletic inside linebacker with only one year as a starter, but loads of production in that season.

Leave a comment:

• charger1993
    replied
    Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Name that player
    Danny shelton

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Name that player

OVERVIEW

****** was the first Huskie to earn first-team Academic All-American since 1991. He led the nation in fumble recoveries with five and had 16 tackles for loss in 2014. He finished second on the team with 93 tackles. Was first-team Academic All-Pac-12 as a junior. Started his final 40 games at nose tackle and played 53 games total. Named first-team all-state as a high school senior in Seattle as both an offensive and defensive lineman. Also participated in track and field as a thrower, winning the shot put state championship as a senior. Was a standout wrestler, too.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Bends well for a big man and has ability to play with leverage. Space-eater who is able to maintain good positioning against double teams. Consistently gets his hands inside offensive linemen first. Controls, sees it and sheds to make tackles. Surprising ability to swat cut blocks and chase stretch plays laterally. Played a high percentage of Washington's defensive snaps. Has the strength and athleticism to dominate in the running game.

WEAKNESSES

Despite girth and leverage potential, can be a little inconsistent at getting push off snap. Dominates lesser centers but doesn't seem to look nearly as dominant against more talented centers. Will quit on a play when he's blocked. Produced eye-catching sack numbers for his position in 2014, but much of it was against lesser competition. Must work to keep weight in check.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 1

SOURCES TELL US

******** is a bully. If you let him walk all over you early in the game, he's going to keep doing it. But watch how he kind of fades into the background when he goes up against guys who stand up to him. I want to see him show up all the time." -- NFC area scout

NFL COMPARISON

Vince Wilfork

BOTTOM LINE

With his thick frame and powerful upper body, ******* has moments where he can dominate at the point of attack. He was forced to chase sideline to sideline due to the nature of Pac-12 offenses, but when he faced downhill competition like Stanford, he stepped up. ******** is an above-average interior pass rusher for a man his size, thanks to his surprising athleticism. He is a fit in a two-gap scheme and could benefit from playing fewer snaps than he was forced to play at Washington. He has an All-Pro ceiling, but must show a greater consistency of effort.
    Last edited by Formula 21; 03-10-2018, 07:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chargerkdb
    commented on 's reply
    Let’s just sign the Ravens Center in FA move up and draft Edmunds and sift through the fatties later in the draft

• Formula 21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pigskin
    replied
    I need to do some research on this Jessie Bates, his 3rd rated safety.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    We have great taste on this board. Our favorite 5 guys are all between #5 and #15. Let's hope one falls.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X