Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It seems that both Brugler and SI both think Dalton Risner is better suited inside.
    Several pundits do. I think he can definitely play ROT but his versatility is incredibly valuable as well.

He started all 12 regular-season games at right tackle in 2017 as he was named a first-team All-American by Pro Football Focus and earned second team honors from CBSSports.com. Risner picked up first-team All-Big 12 accolades from the league's coaches for a second straight year, and he graded out at a 90.3 mark during the regular season according to Pro Football Focus, including a 98.9 mark on pass blocking efficiency to tie for the fourth highest among FBS tackles. According to PFF, Risner allowed only three quarterback pressures, the fewest among 2018 draft-eligible tackles.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It seems that both Brugler and SI both think Dalton Risner is better suited inside.
      Hmmm...Risner is a college OT who is viewed as a guard in the pros...sounds like Lamp 2,0...

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Hmmm...Risner is a college OT who is viewed as a guard in the pros...sounds like Lamp 2,0...
        Half of the college OTs are projected to OG.
        Risner can play at least 4 OL spots.

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Yeah Risner is pretty versatile OL. Its not like his arms are 32 inches either. I think he can play RT or OG. Even Center. I believe he started out at Center in college. I like a lot of the OL prospects in the back of round one. Im really sort of hoping trenches early this year. Tevi is slowly developing as well. Lets get the interior OL beefed up. I still

Or sign a guy like Saffold and really get after the D in a loaded D draft. Still on the Dillard train after a bad SB. He looked great in practices against studs. Shorter arms but can probably play RT at a high level for us. There is no questioning his athleticism. Moved pretty well for an OT. His split was mind blowing for a man his size. I think he tied Bosa. lol.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Yeah Risner is pretty versatile OL. Its not like his arms are 32 inches either. I think he can play RT or OG. Even Center. I believe he started out at Center in college. I like a lot of the OL prospects in the back of round one. Im really sort of hoping trenches early this year. Tevi is slowly developing as well. Lets get the interior OL beefed up. I still

Or sign a guy like Saffold and really get after the D in a loaded D draft. Still on the Dillard train after a bad SB. He looked great in practices against studs. Shorter arms but can probably play RT at a high level for us. There is no questioning his athleticism. Moved pretty well for an OT. His split was mind blowing for a man his size. I think he tied Bosa. lol.
            Dillard is a quality prospect with lack of functional strength which inhibits his ability to anchor. He needs a year in the S&C program with Lott but his feet are best in this class.

Risner was a freshmen all-American at OC and a 2 time all-American at ROT. He is technically/fundamentally sound, arms are 34", and he plays with a nasty physicality.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

And will be long gone by pick 28.Sucks but Im just hoping for any of the top five or so O linemen to fall to us in the first.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                I am hearing from people I respect that Dillard, Cajuste and Tytus are great fits for Pat Meyer. It has to do with movement skills, especially out in space.
                don't you think we would lean toward the best run blocker of the bunch ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                  Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Palm Springs
                  • I know nothing
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  Isn't Tevi a good run blocker poor pass blocker?

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

FWIW....after reading the reports on how Murray doesn't know the Xs and Os and does not work hard in the film room leads me to believe his second contract will be with the A's. Just my .02

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      Quite possibly.

These three OTs project almost equally to being able to block well out in space,
                      after some Pat Meyer tutelage.

Slotting is an issue too.
                      What exactly is their respective talent level ?
                      Will they be on the board for us when the value is there ?
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                        FWIW....after reading the reports on how Murray doesn't know the Xs and Os and does not work hard in the film room leads me to believe his second contract will be with the A's. Just my .02
                        Yeah pretty astonishing. I posted links to both controversies in the post your mocks thread.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Considering how intelligent Kyler Murray is,
                          I would say he is up to something here.

See Baker Mayfield and LAC.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X