• Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Considering how intelligent Kyler Murray is,
    I would say he is up to something here.

See Baker Mayfield and LAC.
    Or is he?

But could be. Some scouts are also accusing him of cheating his height since he measured under 5'10" at OK lol. It's all about money I guess. Seems football isn't his first love, money is.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Considering how intelligent Kyler Murray is,
      I would say he is up to something here.

See Baker Mayfield and LAC.
      Not questioning his intelligence, I am questioning his commitment and desire to be great. The reports are not good, and they are not singular. One report said he was the worst highly rated qb on the chalk board Xs and Os he has ever witnessed in more than a decade and a half. He himself said he hates to watch and study film and that he just likes to go out and play. Well, one great I know of was similar....Favre, but there are a lot more busts with these traits than there are great QBs. If he doesn't commit to it and go all-in, he will fail miserably. Tearing up Texas HS and one great year in the BIG 12 (land of no D)not enough experience IMO to overcome his lack of study habits, especially if he has to start year 1.

And no, Baker Mayfield is and always has been a video room junkie.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Keeping a close eye on Kaleb McGary. Hope our coaches bring him in for a work out, or at least run him thru some drills at his pro day. All the physical tools and size...absolute steam roller...but underdeveloped in pass pro and technique all around...yet still voted by his peers as the best lineman, defense or offense, in the PAC 12. Second round flyer, for sure.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Not questioning his intelligence, I am questioning his commitment and desire to be great. The reports are not good, and they are not singular. One report said he was the worst highly rated qb on the chalk board Xs and Os he has ever witnessed in more than a decade and a half. He himself said he hates to watch and study film and that he just likes to go out and play. Well, one great I know of was similar....Favre, but there are a lot more busts with these traits than there are great QBs. If he doesn't commit to it and go all-in, he will fail miserably. Tearing up Texas HS and one great year in the BIG 12 (land of no D)not enough experience IMO to overcome his lack of study habits, especially if he has to start year 1.

And no, Baker Mayfield is and always has been a video room junkie.
          Agree .As I always say the jump to the NFL is huge. In relation to baseball, the AAF is triple A to the NFL. College is A league.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-08-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Keeping a close eye on Kaleb McGary. Hope our coaches bring him in for a work out, or at least run him thru some drills at his pro day. All the physical tools and size...absolute steam roller...but underdeveloped in pass pro and technique all around...yet still voted by his peers as the best lineman, defense or offense, in the PAC 12. Second round flyer, for sure.
            Beast

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Interesting article on the best athletic performances of the combine. Some real athletic monsters......
              Take a look through this edition of Next Gen Stats to see how we picked out the best players based on their combine results in drills, including the 40-yard dash, vertical jump, and shuttle.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

In Brugler's case, he is hearing it from about half the scouts he gets feedback from.

It must be dependant on blocking scheme.

I am hearing from people I respect that Dillard, Cajuste and Tytus are great fits for Pat Meyer. It has to do with movement skills, especially out in space.

You know Duffman. I have consumed you guys at FF in the past. Great football info !

I am hung up on DT/LB, but we have got to throw in an ORT in there somewhere kinda high.

I believe Duffman has the power formula that Walter from the old website used to check prospects. It essentially takes the Kirwan formula and builds on it even more.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

this guy is shooting holes in my RB theory, in that fully expect(ed) KC to draft a Kareem Hunt 2.0

my thought was that would be Bryce Love, but the Arrowhead Addict guy doesn't like him and compares both David Montgomery and Devin Singletary as closer comps to B. Love ??

still like B. Love in this draft, and if we can get him later, all the better.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/03/11/kansas-city-chiefs-fans-guide-2019-draft-running-backs/
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                    Interesting article on the best athletic performances of the combine. Some real athletic monsters......
                    I think you mean best performers. The best players are the guys who play the best on film. The underwear olympics is nice show, but pretty meaningless overall.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                      He needs a lot of work on maintaining contact and finishing. He has a lot of tools and flashes some good things, but he is more of a middle or late round pick, IMHO. He just doesn't finish, run or pass. At least not when I have seen him play.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I think you mean best performers. The best players are the guys who play the best on film. The underwear olympics is nice show, but pretty meaningless overall.
                        I would say read again.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

He needs a lot of work on maintaining contact and finishing. He has a lot of tools and flashes some good things, but he is more of a middle or late round pick, IMHO. He just doesn't finish, run or pass. At least not when I have seen him play.
                          Yea....just watched some highlights...finishing is what he does well...big time motor. His problem, particularly in the passing game, is he doesnt always finish where he is supposed to...lol. Yea, needs some coaching on that footwork.. but physical tools, high character and work ethic, nasty mentality? Definitely worth our late second round pick.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X