• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Lamp is not a good comparison. DL work differently together than OL. If he is 100% healthy he could give quality snaps in key packages, we currently do not have any DL with his burst or aggression or ability to penetrate. Having such a player ready for a playoff run, even if only for pin-your-ears-back snaps, would be awesome. Watch Brady try to run, watch Brady get eaten for lunch.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      Simmons may be the best defensive player in this draft. If he falls to us, we must draft him. The take another DT in 4th-5th to help Mebane-Jones-McGill immediately. It's a good year for DL.
      I have Simmons as the top overall prospect and will be ecstatic if we draft him.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

But Simmons, unlike Jaylon Smith, will be on a 5 year 1rst round contract. Also, Jaylon Smith reportedly had nerve damage which made him medically more problematic than Simmons. Finally, Simmons contract will run out when Bosa's second contract is done.
        I'm really concerned about our OT depth. Tevi is too streaky, and if Okung gets hurt, we're up the creek. Risner will be solid for years, and he's good to go this year...plug and play and few worries. Simmons does have some nice upside, but too many questions. And if we wait until round 2 to draft an OT, the second tier players like Cajuste may be gone...

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

as mentioned before, 'tis also incumbent upon the Giants to agree to a trade, and.... value wise, their third or the three day three picks have the same value, question is: are you feelin' lucky ?? are you confident in your ability to hit on more than one of the day three picks, or do you like your odds better w/an all or nothing pick in round three ??

personally I like the board better for an additional three prospects as opposed to a single pick, a day earlier or not.

(it also is a better deal/weighs less on NY as they have two picks in both the fourth and fifth rounds, so in theory 'tis easier to say good bye to the one of 'em each round).
          I'd take the 3rd every time over lower picks. To me, they don't have the same value. Maybe on a chart adding up points but I think your statement of drafting the player higher to get the best one says it all in that regard.

I'm not expecting HOF'ers from any draft but if you ever saw the list of the HOF'ers list and what round they were drafted in it just shows how much the list gets smaller in each round. After the first round it get much smaller each round.
          For instance, Tom Brady will be only the second HOF sixth rounder, ever.
          I'd imagine that is true for probowlers or just making a roster as well but I can't find a list for those types.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-24-2019, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

I am keeping an eye on USC. The bolts do love those Trojans (insert joke here). Later rounds I expect to see at least one Trojan become a Charger. Edoga, Cameron Smith, Marvell Tell? Wait for it on Saturday.........

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
              I am keeping an eye on USC. The bolts do love those Trojans (insert joke here). Later rounds I expect to see at least one Trojan become a Charger. Edoga, Cameron Smith, Marvell Tell? Wait for it on Saturday.........
              We have to be able to get better talent than that....

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Iman Marshall somewhere on day 3?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I dont recall us drafting any Trojans lately besides last year. Well OK, Tuerk. Last time a Trojan was drafted by us before that was Shereece Wright in 2011. I hope Nwosu is a keeper because Tuerk and Wright sucked.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont recall us drafting any Trojans lately besides last year. Well OK, Tuerk. Last time a Trojan was drafted by us before that was Shereece Wright in 2011. I hope Nwosu is a keeper because Tuerk and Wright sucked.

Old time Fatspatrick and Junior.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Porter Gustin is a high ceiling prospect at EDGE/OTTO.

Rd 6 maybe.

He could work with Uchenna !
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Old time Fatspatrick and Junior.
                        Well yeah but that's going way back. Lately we have only drafted 3 or 4 going back to Ellison up to last year. Junior has been the only good one from there that we have drafted. Hoping Nwuso is a good one too
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-25-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Last edited by Panamamike; 04-25-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X