• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He is but they were playing him at DE and he flourished as a DT

I still have reservations the Chargers will pick Simmons when he won't play but I'd still be ok with it. I'll love it in 2020 when we play in the new stadium.
    Getting immediate impact from our 1st rounder would be nice but the long term value of Simmons is incredible. I can wait a year for a possible 10 year all-pro and with the timing of his injury he may be ready late in the season.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

frustrated enough with Lamp missing so much time, Verret could never stay on field and Perryman heading same direction. Would rather Lawrence over Simmons because he can play TODAY.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Simmons may be the best defensive player in this draft. If he falls to us, we must draft him. The take another DT in 4th-5th to help Mebane-Jones-McGill immediately. It's a good year for DL.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

request for quality big boards from established draft sites.... preferably w/a full roster of a coupla few hundred prospects ??

looking over thedraftnetwork top 300, have clusters as such....

http://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/tdn-big-board--top-300

028) Dex, McGary, Risner, Fant, AJ Brown, Dillard
          060) Mack, McGary, Jachai, Cajuste, Deionte
          91X) Isaiah Johnson, Khalen, Connor McGovern, David Edwards
          130) Pratt, Hurd, Coney, Rypien
          166) Rypien, Josh Oliver, TJEd, DMack, iPrince
          200) iPrince, Cam Smith, Stidham, Tauaefa, Finley
          240) GGaines, B.Love, John Ursua, Byron Cowart

rule one.... do not bust, i.e. AJ Brown is a solid/good pick in round one.

go linemen early and oft.... temptation will be to go DB/LB early.

given the depth on DL and w/Olinemen, rhetoric says you can wait to get your lineman.... I say horse shit as you want to draft the better guy earlier, no ??

what to do @LB.... does Davis spell Emanuel or does Tom need to double dip in the draft ??

and personally really see value w/a coupla few of the day two/three QBs in this draft.

Josh Oliver would be a hellah bonus pick @TE.

can we pls trade down for once ?? !!

crossin' my fingers that we pick solids early and looking forward to seeing who the late round gem is that team Tommy John digs up.

also wondering if it will be evident of the evolution/maturation of Telesco's draft savvy/wherewithal ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

ps. as a reminder, we passed on both OL Isaiah Wynn and DT Taven Bryan in lieu of a DB in last year's stanza.... does history repeat itself this year ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
              request for quality big boards from established draft sites.... preferably w/a full roster of a coupla few hundred prospects ??

looking over thedraftnetwork top 300, have clusters as such....

http://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/tdn-big-board--top-300

028) Dex, McGary, Risner, Fant, AJ Brown, Dillard
              060) Mack, McGary, Jachai, Cajuste, Deionte
              91X) Isaiah Johnson, Khalen, Connor McGovern, David Edwards
              130) Pratt, Hurd, Coney, Rypien
              166) Rypien, Josh Oliver, TJEd, DMack, iPrince
              200) iPrince, Cam Smith, Stidham, Tauaefa, Finley
              240) GGaines, B.Love, John Ursua, Byron Cowart

rule one.... do not bust, i.e. AJ Brown is a solid/good pick in round one.

go linemen early and oft.... temptation will be to go DB/LB early.

given the depth on DL and w/Olinemen, rhetoric says you can wait to get your lineman.... I say horse shit as you want to draft the better guy earlier, no ??

what to do @LB.... does Davis spell Emanuel or does Tom need to double dip in the draft ??

and personally really see value w/a coupla few of the day two/three QBs in this draft.

Josh Oliver would be a hellah bonus pick @TE.

can we pls trade down for once ?? !!

crossin' my fingers that we pick solids early and looking forward to seeing who the late round gem is that team Tommy John digs up.

also wondering if it will be evident of the evolution/maturation of Telesco's draft savvy/wherewithal ??
              Agree, which makes me wonder why you want to trade down from 28 with the Giants for their 37 and three lower round picks instead of their 3rd which is totally doable and the most likely scenario.

​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                Simmons may be the best defensive player in this draft. If he falls to us, we must draft him. The take another DT in 4th-5th to help Mebane-Jones-McGill immediately. It's a good year for DL.
                If Simmons is available, that is quite likely what Telesco will do. Telesco is here for the long haul and will draft accordingly. No cornerback/safety at #28 will likely make a big difference this year.

I like Wren, but realize he is a gamble. Why so limited a pass rush repertoire? Still, should not have been playing 0 tech last year.

Baker/Wren?
                Bradbury/Dean?
                Thornhill/Titus?

Loads of good combinations from 1 - 3.

actually trust Telesco to make the right moves this draft & i'll probably be happy with what he decides, knowing the team a bit better than me.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  ps. as a reminder, we passed on both OL Isaiah Wynn and DT Taven Bryan in lieu of a DB in last year's stanza.... does history repeat itself this year ??
                  You mean Simmons Beachcomber? I finally saw Wilkins this year against Alabama. He affected 3-4 plays the whole game. That is what i remember from last year. He seems to get neutralized a lot when an offensive lineman gets his hand on him. Jeremiah says he fits Bradley's D - all right!.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                    frustrated enough with Lamp missing so much time, Verret could never stay on field and Perryman heading same direction. Would rather Lawrence over Simmons because he can play TODAY.
                    I'm with you, Chillie. Here's the deal: Simmons in most probability misses the whole season due to that torn ACL. Don't hold your breath thinking he'll be back just in time for the playoffs. Look how long it's taken Lamp to try to crack the starting lineup, and he's already being called an injury bust by some. Simmons misses ALL of training camp, ALL the preseason, ALL the regular season, and probably the playoffs. The Bolts have already shown they don't want to play someone until they're fully healed. Look at a quote from the following story on Jaylon Smith. Yes, Smith is now playing at a high level, but it took him well over a year to get there. So, one year lost, one transition year and one high level year. Now, there's talk of Smith looking forward to a big payday. Simmons could also pull a Khalil Mack special, and threaten to sit out the last year of his deal. And the Bolts have to hope he doesn't get hurt again. So, it's one lost year, one "rookie"/learning curve/transition year, then maybe two/three years, unless he pulls a Mack. Sorry, after Verrett, Perryman, etc. I'm done with damaged goods players.

"If Simmons is looking for reasons for optimism, he need look no further than Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jaylon Smith. Smith suffered a devastating knee injury in Notre Dame's bowl game at the end of the 2015 season and despite it dropping him from being a potential top-10 selection, Smith still went in the early second round. After sitting out the 2016 season, Smith saw action for the first time in 2017, before taking a huge step forward and finishing the 2018 season as our eighth-highest graded linebacker with a PFF defensive grade of 84.4. Despite the initial setback, Smith's recent performance has him in line for a big payday soon, and the same will be true for Simmons provided he can make an impact once he recovers from the injury."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...2019-nfl-draft
                    Last edited by Topcat; 04-24-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You mean Simmons Beachcomber? I finally saw Wilkins this year against Alabama. He affected 3-4 plays the whole game. That is what i remember from last year. He seems to get neutralized a lot when an offensive lineman gets his hand on him. Jeremiah says he fits Bradley's D - all right!.
                      agree on Wilkins and reason why he might drop/fall some, and.... was referring to Derwin last year as the DB we took in favor of a DT/OL, and....

could happen again this year as there are DBs aplenty @28, and despite the likelihood of a pretty darn good lineman there as we!! ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, which makes me wonder why you want to trade down from 28 with the Giants for their 37 and three lower round picks instead of their 3rd which is totally doable and the most likely scenario.

​​
                        as mentioned before, 'tis also incumbent upon the Giants to agree to a trade, and.... value wise, their third or the three day three picks have the same value, question is: are you feelin' lucky ?? are you confident in your ability to hit on more than one of the day three picks, or do you like your odds better w/an all or nothing pick in round three ??

personally I like the board better for an additional three prospects as opposed to a single pick, a day earlier or not.

(it also is a better deal/weighs less on NY as they have two picks in both the fourth and fifth rounds, so in theory 'tis easier to say good bye to the one of 'em each round).

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm with you, Chillie. Here's the deal: Simmons in most probability misses the whole season due to that torn ACL. Don't hold your breath thinking he'll be back just in time for the playoffs. Look how long it's taken Lamp to try to crack the starting lineup, and he's already being called an injury bust by some. Simmons misses ALL of training camp, ALL the preseason, ALL the regular season, and probably the playoffs. The Bolts have already shown they don't want to play someone until they're fully healed. Look at a quote from the following story on Jaylon Smith. Yes, Smith is now playing at a high level, but it took him well over a year to get there. So, one year lost, one transition year and one high level year. Now, there's talk of Smith looking forward to a big payday. Simmons could also pull a Khalil Mack special, and threaten to sit out the last year of his deal. And the Bolts have to hope he doesn't get hurt again. So, it's one lost year, one "rookie"/learning curve/transition year, then maybe two/three years, unless he pulls a Mack. Sorry, after Verrett, Perryman, etc. I'm done with damaged goods players.

"If Simmons is looking for reasons for optimism, he need look no further than Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jaylon Smith. Smith suffered a devastating knee injury in Notre Dame's bowl game at the end of the 2015 season and despite it dropping him from being a potential top-10 selection, Smith still went in the early second round. After sitting out the 2016 season, Smith saw action for the first time in 2017, before taking a huge step forward and finishing the 2018 season as our eighth-highest graded linebacker with a PFF defensive grade of 84.4. Despite the initial setback, Smith's recent performance has him in line for a big payday soon, and the same will be true for Simmons provided he can make an impact once he recovers from the injury."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...2019-nfl-draft
                          But Simmons, unlike Jaylon Smith, will be on a 5 year 1rst round contract. Also, Jaylon Smith reportedly had nerve damage which made him medically more problematic than Simmons. Finally, Simmons contract will run out when Bosa's second contract is done.

Comment

Working...
                          X