• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

I would be shocked if the Bolts draft a QB this year...why else do you think they signed Tyrod? He's a good backup, a placeholder until next year, when I do think they draft QB...

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

most excellent choice of verbiage w/BIGLY

re: RB.... do think we went into more than a coupla few games a little light depth wise @RB

and re: Love.... like him much better than McCaffrey who went top ten, and....

remember how I felt when Kareem Hunt came off the board earlier than many expected, as dearly wished for him to be a Charger.

and agreed, there are big ?s re: his injury history, and others have questions 'bout his pass catching abilities/skills, and....

there is obvious concern about his ability to block in pass pro.

all that said, his compare is Chris Johnson/Giovani Bernard, and can absolutely turn a defense on its ear, and be a game changer anytime he gets his hands on the football.

he is a risk, and.... have not seen any player at sixty that can hold a candle to his play making abilities.
      I think Eckler gives us what Love would provide, but he can catch as well. I think RB is a wasted pick for us early, and yes I believe Love will be on the board day 3.

I want ant us to upgrade the oline Dline and FS as priorities. RB is the easiest positi9n to fill in the NFL with a good oline.

I do not think Stidham is a sure fire franchise QB, and no way in hell would I draft him with our either of our top 2 picks. I would take a flyer day 3, but am more than happy to wait as I think the next few draft classes are much better QB prospect wise.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

most excellent choice of verbiage w/BIGLY

re: RB.... do think we went into more than a coupla few games a little light depth wise @RB

and re: Love.... like him much better than McCaffrey who went top ten, and....

remember how I felt when Kareem Hunt came off the board earlier than many expected, as dearly wished for him to be a Charger.

and agreed, there are big ?s re: his injury history, and others have questions 'bout his pass catching abilities/skills, and....

there is obvious concern about his ability to block in pass pro.

all that said, his compare is Chris Johnson/Giovani Bernard, and can absolutely turn a defense on its ear, and be a game changer anytime he gets his hands on the football.

he is a risk, and.... have not seen any player at sixty that can hold a candle to his play making abilities.
        Mccaffery was all that and a big bag O chips coming out. Love.....??? Not even close.....no way he holds McCaffery's jock......

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

hadn't heard any Romo compares before this....

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/2019-nfl-draft-quarterback-rankings-jarrett-stidham-auburn
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Mccaffery was all that and a big bag O chips coming out. Love.....??? Not even close.....no way he holds McCaffery's jock......
            personally I think Love has some Marshall Faulk to him, and.... reality is that he is an injury concern, and similar to Jason Verrett, in that I love the player, albeit if I was an NFL GM w/my job/career on the line, I would pass.... had the same thought w/Verrett.... really liked the guy as a player, albeit his injury history in college did not lay the groundwork for a solid investment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818231-2019-nfl-draft-running-backs-who-could-be-instant-starters-next-season#slide6

http://www.isportsweb.com/2019/01/13/bryce-love-will-slide-in-nfl-draft/
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

personally I think Love has some Marshall Faulk to him, and.... reality is that he is an injury concern, and similar to Jason Verrett, in that I love the player, albeit if I was an NFL GM w/my job/career on the line, I would pass.... had the same thought w/Verrett.... really liked the guy as a player, albeit his injury history in college did not lay the groundwork for a solid investment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818231-2019-nfl-draft-running-backs-who-could-be-instant-starters-next-season#slide6

http://www.isportsweb.com/2019/01/13/bryce-love-will-slide-in-nfl-draft/
              Then one has to wonder why you have him as our 2nd round pick when most likely he will be around later?

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

still readin' up on things re: Jarrett and round one, and....

apparently Denver has real interest in him, but gotta believe they'd wait 'til round two for that.

haven't read much of anything re: Jarrett w/the likes of Cincy, Pitt, Jags or ??

have read that he's met w/Gettleman, albeit read more 'bout Jones/Rosen linked to them.

guessing Jarrett in the twentysomethings would be too risky a gambit for a rookie GM like Mayock, and....

apparently he's a very good fit for Jay Gruden's scheme, albeit hear them linked more to Lock 'n Jones.

do think NE @32 is the most likely/serious consideration, as they benefit from an added year contractually if they take him in the first stanza.

the Titans had some Stidham press (round two) as well before the Tannehill trade.

nearly three weeks out, and.... dude is still "climbing."

ps. still think Finley and Rypien are gonna be staring QBs, and may represent (very) good value on day two ??

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Casserly has Chargers with #28 Pick selecting Daniel Jones-QB
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Casserly and Polian.... two of the more questionable minds @the table.

think things are tracking something like this atm:

Az/Murray
                    Miami/Haskins
                    Wash DC/Lock
                    NYG/Jones
                    NE/Stidham

and Chris Simms ranks Finley ahead of both Jones/Stidham.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=chris+simms+quarterback+ranking&view=deta il&mid=E172B44E56EEF2A427A8E172B44E56EEF2A427A8&FO RM=VIRE

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      Casserly has Chargers with #28 Pick selecting Daniel Jones-QB
                      what a joke/embarrassment.... (a blatant paid for blurb.... dude's a shill)

What he says: "The Chargers find Philip Rivers' heir by selecting the most pro-ready quarterback prospect in the 2019 draft class... Three-year starter who operates with a rare level of quality mechanics coming from the college game."

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I think Eckler gives us what Love would provide, but he can catch as well. I think RB is a wasted pick for us early, and yes I believe Love will be on the board day 3.

I want ant us to upgrade the oline Dline and FS as priorities. RB is the easiest positi9n to fill in the NFL with a good oline.

I do not think Stidham is a sure fire franchise QB, and no way in hell would I draft him with our either of our top 2 picks. I would take a flyer day 3, but am more than happy to wait as I think the next few draft classes are much better QB prospect wise.
                        Ekeler was ineffective as the lead back when Gordon went down - and we know Gordon ain't playing a full season. I'd take Love in a heart beat in the 5th round (maybe 4rth). His injury history is alarming, but he wouldn't be expected to carry the load. Love would replace Gordon, not Ekeler.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Ekeler was ineffective as the lead back when Gordon went down - and we know Gordon ain't playing a full season. I'd take Love in a heart beat in the 5th round (maybe 4rth). His injury history is alarming, but he wouldn't be expected to carry the load. Love would replace Gordon, not Ekeler.

What makes you think Love can replace Gordon? Injury history, same size as Ekeker.?

Comment

Working...
                          X